How many times?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tomas Zobal
    PSTEC User

When we use click tracks / EEFs, we run them as many times as needed to bring the emotion down to 0-1. What about PN? In one session, working on one belief… do you guys run it more than once? Let's say I bring the associated emotion down and then I want to work on the belief that's underlining that particular pattern in my life.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Tomas

You could just try to bring back the belief after the PN one or playthroughs is often enough to remove it completely. You could also ask yourself on a scale of 0-10 “how much do I believe this statement?” before and after in a similar way to CTs. This, in order to establish whether you need to run through it again.

Peter

Tomas Zobal
        PSTEC User

Thank you, Peter.

I don't know why, but it seems difficult (for me) to consciously rate how much I believe a belief (which are a lot of times subconscious). It is much easier with click tracks and emotions. I'll give it shot.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Tomas,

If you are unable to subjectively rate whether you hold a belief, I would suggest saying the belief out loud.

If there is any sort of negative charge/feeling, chances are you still hold the belief (even if the “charge” may be less than it was previously).

Remember that beliefs tend to be broad generalisations about life and the people we encounter etc. – e.g. “Life is difficult”, “People can't be trusted”, “Money is the root of all evil.”

The examples I cited, along with their associated emotions, would invariably impact someone's model of the world. Equally, we can hold beliefs that empower us and enable us to safely navigate our days.

Some beliefs may have more of an emotional impact than others, but essentially you either have a belief or you do not have it. That is crucial to note.

Also, make sure you are working on an actual belief. There is a certain structure to a belief that makes them distinct from random thoughts.

You can challenge beliefs, weaken them and also intellectualise about why you “wouldn't” hold a belief. Ultimately, though, you either hold a belief or you don't.

A quick way to test this. Say a belief out loud that you “know 100%” not to be true. An example might be “I'm a Martian!”. It might feel very silly, but ultimately you should notice no charge. It will not feel part of you – no resonance, no effect, no shred of “truth.”

Now contrast this feeling by saying the belief you are working on out loud. Let's pretend this is “I'll never get what I want.” If you say this, there will be some grain of truth, discomfort or charge. Even if you intellectually disagree with it, while the charge is there, it suggests the belief is still held.

So, just continue to use PN (using effective, logical alternative interpretations and counterexamples) until the charge behind that belief is as neutral as the one you experienced with something akin to “I'm a Martian.”

I hope this helps,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Tomas Zobal
            PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your tips. Very helpful!

One thing you mentioned is particularly important in my case. Intellectualizing. I definitely overdo it. Even with PSTEC, I tend to strive for a “perfect” intellectual understanding before using the actual tracks. I listen to the tutorials, read the pdfs, go through old posts here… all that, in a pursuit of perfectly understanding everything first. Yes, I'm aware that there is no such thing as perfection and that it's really a way to avoid something. Being a perfectionist is one of my patterns. More often than not, I'd be better off if I spent all that time clicking :-)

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Here are the results of installing 45 beliefs in a few days. Enjoy!

http://pstecforum.com/pf/pstec-negative/fear-of-confrontation-help-needed/msg3502/#new

Nakhan
                PSTEC User

Hi there.

Thank you for this post !

What do you guys think about muscle testing when it comes to judging whether the subconscious still holds onto a belief or not ?

It's used in Psych-K a lot.

Basically when the muscle response is strong, it's a yes, and when it's weak it's a no. Because the subconscious “no” creates a “wtf” inside the body for a moment and weakens the muscles briefly.

Paul McCabe
                  PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Nakhan,

I have read how to do muscle testing and I know that otger modalities put a lot of value in it. I do not use it myself and I personally do not believe that it would add any greater strength to PSTEC.

You can read a very good post about an aspect of muscle testing here:

http://pstecforum.com/pf/feelings-ratings-suds-and-the-level-of-your/feelings-ratings-suds-muscle-testing/msg20/#msg20

To a large extent, our emotions guide us and the SUDs keep us on target.

To see whether you hold a belief, since some may be outside conscious awareness, it can be as simple as saying the belief out loud before running the process (whether that's PSTEC Negative or another tool, modality or process)… and then saying it after the process has been run.

If you say a belief like “I'm a bad person” and that is a belief you hold, there is a certain resonance to it. On some level, it feels true, even if you might intellectually disagree with the belief and could come up with reasons why it would not make sense to hold it. Contrast that with something like “I'm a Martian”, which will likely seem silly and emotionally neutral.

When you have eliminated a belief, the charge behind the belief will no longer be there AT ALL.

If it is there to some extent, there is more “work” to do  ;)

Beliefs also feed into emotional and behavioural patterns, so you will likely notice some big perceptual and behavioural shifts when you have eliminated the appropriate beliefs.

I hope that helps,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Nakhan
                    PSTEC User

Thanks Paul for your answer. :)

I am gonna go read that thread.

:)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.