How to use PSTEC with Severe Anxiety & Depresssion with physical symptoms
Forums › General Discussions and Specific Issues › General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia › How to use PSTEC with Severe Anxiety & Depresssion with physical symptoms
- This topic is empty.
- March 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm#21440Avi milnerPSTEC User
i have been suffering from Anxiety & depression from an early age,
a little background about my life:
i was physically abused as a child by my father.
most of my childhood was a mess a with the depression & anxiety & anger
for as long as i remember i had this thing in the background, but at some point i had to suppress these feelings as an adult since i couldnt be my self around other people,
every event of me fighting with someone casued me a setback
in the past year i had another meltdown which was triggered by a fight with my neighbours which by now made peace with me. but i still obsess about them, and constatly deeling, their family name keeps poping up in my head.
from that point things just got worse for me, after trying a bit of self help as EFT,
and some other like ALPAH-STIM, i've decided to try again the old familiar psychitrist drugs – i'm on Some SSRI and bendozepines for a week now.
in paralell i came across PSTEC and i have already tried it a number of times on my self.
the thing is i know in my mind the root casue is my childhood abuse but i cant feel anything when remembering the evetns that happend, i only feel anxious all the time around my obsessions and i'm afraid i will fall like i used to.
my questions is if i already feel very anxious without any memory rightnow what should i work on – the old memories that dont raise any feeling – its like im blocked there or just on my current state?
thank you for taking the time to read this and replyApril 3, 2012 at 8:11 am#22728Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
As you said, you have suppressed the feelings and, most likely, some of the memories as well. But, the memories do keep coming up, so they are important… they are a part of the cause of your day-to-day challenges.
You know, all the answers you need are already there within… so trust some of those thoughts, for example, knowing that your early experiences of abuse are at cause are the type of clues that should not be ignored or suppressed because, as you know, you can suppress them, but you can't ignore them because they rear their ugly heads… and usually at the most inopportune times… true?
So, take those memories that you are “knowing” are at cause and here are some additional hints and suggestions…
- It's not important that you feel what you felt then or feel the feelings when you run the Click Tracks. What is important is that you TRY as hard as you can to feel the feeling. Yes, many times, you will feel the feeling, but it's not important. All that is important is that you TRY.
- Find the most intense part of the memory… just focus on that part instead of the entire memory. Ask yourself, if that happened today, how would you feel? Again, use these types of tactics to help you TRY to feel the feeling.
- Consider purchasing the using the PSTEC Accelerators because these encourage your subconscious (sub) to reveal more memories and feelings.
- Persist in TRYING hard to feel the feelings and pursuing this work with PSTEC. If you go on the Modality Merry-Go-Round, it sends a message to your sub part of the mind that you aren't serious about letting go, but you are serious about trying new modalities. Immerse yourself in the PSTEC Tools and keep “knocking at the door” of the subconscious (with kindness) and it will reveal more and more to you. Remember, you suppressed it through your subconscious mind because it was too painful; you can lift the suppression by accessing those memories, not to experience the pain, but to let go and heal… communicate that to your sub.
- If you find yourself stuck, consider going to the PSTEC Registry and working with a practitioner to help you work through the difficulty.
[/list]Keep Clickin' … Aloha!
JeffApril 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm#22729Avi milnerPSTEC User
Thank you Jeff,
i've purchased the PSTEC Accelerators and are working with them and the CT,
i have some more questions regarding my situation:
– in my childhood age of 14 i had an OCD episode
– in general as i prviously wrote most of my past was lived with these feelings so most of my past memories are not good
my questions are:
-is PSTEC effective for OCD ?
-i've noticed that as i use the CT & acceleartors many memories pop up like a movie from my past and some feelings are coming up regrding them but i am still not sute if those feelings are really from the past or from my current state of anxiety, its hard for me to foucs on a specific memory or pause the movie at a certain point, should i try harder to foucus on 1 thing or just keep clicking as i play the movie of my past through my head?
i know i wrote in the previous post that i know the core is my father's abuse but i'm not sure that is all, in parlaell i had soical problems in school which also caused me anxieties
i feel so meesed up that i dont know where to begin with the memories?
please be aware that i'm also for almost 4 weeks am taking celexa 20mg to try relieve the symptops
thanks again in advanceApril 17, 2012 at 6:25 am#22730Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
You're always welcome!
So, in your first post you said you had difficulty feeling anything when it comes to the memories, but now you are feeling the feelings but they seem quite confusing, true?
Again, trust yourself… trust that the feelings that are helpful and necessary to heal will be there communicating to you what to work on to move forward. Also, trust the PSTEC tools and your inspiration when you work on a memory that not only you, but also PSTEC will help you to heal and let go of all that old stuff you have been carrying around for so long… old stuff that is really “junk” and useless to you because it only keeps your attention from your Magnificent Self! Be willing to let go and if it's tough to be willing to let go, then be willing to be willing to let go. It just takes a little willingness to get the ball rolling!
Let's now get to the practical part…
On my previous post here, I gave you some practical actions, so bear with me if there is some overlap…
- Most Important… when memories and feelings come up, WRITE them down. Don't sort it out in your mind… write them down and start Your List… this will be a list of the memories that come up that are not pleasant.
- If you are sitting down thinking about how bad you feel and a rush of memories come up, let's say 5 different ones, then add those 5 memories to Your List… add all memories to Your List along with the feeling that comes with each one … don't judge them, define them, don't think they are not relevant… do not analyze, think or become detective. Just observe and note… WRITE THEM DOWN. Then, when you make the time and sit with your PSTEC Click Tracks, you just go after each item one by one and start clearing them away.
[/list]That's it… notice them, list them, Click Track them… K.I.S.S.; Keep It Simple Sweethearts!
Ok, here's the DO NOT List…
- DO NOT Assess them,
- DO NOT Judge them,
- DO NOT Define them,
- DO NOT Analyze them,
- DO NOT determine their relevancy… this is not logical work…
- Right now, as you clear away the obvious junk, “If you are thinking, you are wrong.” So, DO NOT Think.
Just observe, write them down, clear them.
How long and how many?
Until you feel lighter.
Now, if you feel stuck, that's when it's wise to get with a practitioner that can help you with the thinking part… the practitioner can help sort, manage, target and make your PSTEC work more effective. Plus, they can point out as you move forward and remind you of the evidence while also remind you of your Magnificence that you will uncover and realize as you continue clearing the junk away.
PS If you are a bit overwhelmed with the memories coming up, pull out the Accelerator Relaxation Tracks… that helps calm down the recall.November 10, 2017 at 5:34 pm#22731Brian TuckerPSTEC User
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.