Increase in feelings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freebird1234
    PSTEC User

I feel slightly dubious to post this here, as i'm not sure if its the right category. I am doing so because my issues are panic/agoraphobia related.

I'm coming up against a real increase in feelings. I have been working on some of my most uncomfortable memories and I feel as if I am there again reliving them for several hours after working on them. This makes me want to panic INCASE I cant shift them, or am I getting worse (anxious thoughts etc etc). Is this because I havent done enough clicking so I havent reduced them enough. I want to be honest, I only do 1 or two tracks as I feel exhausted after and often go into a weird dream like state.

I dont want this to put off others, and I DO feel that there is some positive change, only these grotty feelings have come right to the surface and are extremely uncomfortable.

Any advice really would be a help. Thanks. Becki X

oz
      PSTEC User

When you use the click tracks you think of the memory and try hard to feel the emotions. This really unlocks the emotions and then the click tracks go to work which may take many run throughs to succeed. Because you are only doing 1 or 2 run throughs, you are unlocking the emotion but not fully dealing with it. Because the emotions are unlocked but not dealt with they are now free for many hours afterwards.

So you really need to complete the process, which means do more run throughs. Personally I never do less than 4 run throughs, I don't want the negative emotions unlocked and free to do damage. If doing more than 1 or 2 is not possible I would suggest taking it easier while running the tracks.

The tracks are most effective when trying as hard as you can, but the most important thing is repetitions, doing 4 run throughs every day for a week at a lower intensity is better than 1 every day at high intensity.

The instructions are to focus on not just the emotion, but also the memory. So you don't need to strain for 10 minutes trying to make the emotion stronger and stronger and stronger. There's points in the track where Tim's voice tells you try to feel the emotion as hard as you can, which you can follow. But once you've got it, you don't need to turn the volume higher, you just need to hold it in place so the track can work on it. In a sense, if you are feeling the emotion, why do you need to try?, you can just feel.

Think of balancing a book on your head, you need to try hard to concentrate, but it's about efficiency and focus not straining. It is an exercise in diligence rather than an exercise in straining your brain.  You can also share the time not just on the emotion but focusing on the memory and try to see it more detail. Again an exercise in diligence which will take all your brain power, but won't be a struggle.

You could even pace yourself, and with each run through feel the emotion more, and on the 4th run through try your hardest. Or pace yourself over days in that do it at a lower intensity to bring it down a bit to the point where you can try your hardest.

freebird1234
        PSTEC User

Hey thanks for the advice – im not sure I have explained properly – I struggle to feel any emotion, at times it is literally ridiculous I become numb. Then at random times (especially just before I go to bed, and wake up) I have an explosion of the panic feeling. Maybe I just have to experience it, whilst still working on it everyday. I think these are very suppressed feelings – I think panic attacks are often really what happens when we try to avoid feeling something.
          I feel very odd in myself, and its really unpleasant, but strangely I have been doing a little more. Only simple things, and questioning whether I could do them last week etc, but a family member who is very conscious of my problems has said I definitely wouldn't have done them just a week ago, so SOMETHING is happening… I've had this extreme panic/agoraphobia for nearly 5 years now, so I guess its not a quick fix.  I'll just keep trying to chip away at it.

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Becki… mahalo oz for your comments…

Becki, here are some tips and thoughts…

• Be sure to listen in to Liz on the PSTEC Interview as she dealt with severe agoraphobia, panic attacks and anxiety, both generalized and specific.  She was housebound for over a decade.  Check out the interview on this page…
              http://pstecaudiosource.org/pstec/1592/pstec-interview-liz

• The emotional ups and downs can occur for several reasons, such as: subconscious mind “re calibrating” the mind model, your conscious confusion about feelings, suppression of feelings, etc.  Bottom line, don't worry about why this happens because it may and it's ok.

Remember, the feelings are clues… they are communication from the subconscious (sub) about what's going on.  Ah, remember, the sub is not usually logical, always literal and is quite narrow minded.  So, it's your job, with your conscious will, not to force issues with the sub (that does not work because it's a game you will lose), but to train or mentor the sub, ok?

The feelings and emotions are JUST communication… become excellent at observing them, ok?

So, when panic attacks come up, sure, it may be because you are trying to avoid something, but they may also be because you are trying to do something… again, don't try and out think this, ok?

Odd feelings may occur because as you shift your mind model to an empowering one, that will feel a bit odd and your sub may question the wisdom of such a shift.  After all, if you are, for example, avoiding certain activities that are “dangerous” as the sub thinks, then shifting the mind model and now doing those things may still be thought of as unwise because the sub will need some validation that all is well.  So, doubts will still creep in until you have firmly established new behavior patterns.

What am I saying here?  Be patience with yourself... you are worth it … worth much, much more in Truth!!!  Plus, be kind to yourself because, again, you are worth it and also, to be practical, being kind and easing in works and being hard does not.

You want to mentor your sub like a little sister or brother and they respond best with Unconditional Love that trains them about the Truth of their Power and Purpose.  Let's be honest too… this IS the Truth of You!!  :)

• Alright, a bit of practical suggestions for you…

Select something specific that you wish to do that you can't or you struggle with… something that is not a once a year event, but something that, if you want to test it out, you could do it tomorrow.  You will use that desire in your PSTEC work… don't worry about doing other things, just use one, for now, to focus on.  Our main purpose is to use this one desire to expose what's in the way and also to measure how you are doing.

• You might try using the following statement in the following ways with PSTEC Positive…

Here are some suggestions for suggestions to the sub on “cooperating” with the PSTEC process…

Use these three Positive Statements exactly as they are and run them using the PSTEC Positive (PP) before you get started in using the Click Tracks (CT) on an issue… use these EACH TIME you are going to do a CT session… follow the PP instructions with each statement separately…

1. “When I listen to the click tracks I follow the instructions because they are important”
              2.”I want to feel what happened when _______________ so the click tracks will be able to quickly help me.”
              3.”I want to gently release my emotions to enjoy my life and to do so completely”

If you are short on time, you can consider just repeating these a few times before doing anything else and you may get some benefits from them.  After you run these with the PP a few times, you may not have to use them any longer.

Of course a genuine intention and desire to do this so as to be happy is important.

These are very carefully worded and so should be used verbatim.

• As you do this work, let your subconscious reveal the memories and beliefs (conclusions) about why it's better to stay limited in who, what, where and how you live your life.

• Consider the PSTEC Accelerators for the tapping tracks as they help reveal more of what is at the cause of your issues and also the Relaxation Tracks because they can help calm the mind… great sub training.

• If you are getting stuck, seriously consider finding a practitioner to work with that can help you sort the feelings and memories and beliefs and then apply the PSTEC Tools most efficiently.
            • [/list]
              Malama Pono!

Jeff

freebird1234
            PSTEC User

Thankyou so much for your reply Jeff, I really need to read that today, now… so thankyou. Im doing a throw in the towel day. What you've said makes sense. I do want to work with a pstec therapist, but, after being out of work for 5 years im really limited. I have extensive dental work im having to pay for (that I avoided for 5 years, but proudly i am facing 2hr sessions every week! – i even fell asleep in the chair last time…) anyway, once thats finished i hope i will be able to afford some sessions…the accelerators i will get to add to my pstec collection!

Jeff Harding
              PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

You're always welcome.

Give it a go with the tools on your own first … I believe you will be able to make some great strides on your own and with Tim's Tools and Tutorials, if you approach the issues with patience, confidence and make this work (play?) a priority, then you WILL find the solutions and shift your mind model to one of pure J.E.E.P…. one of True Freedom!

Just remember to LISTEN …. listen to your sub … it will present the answers to heal for you because as you feel a feeling and ask, in your mind, these types of questions…

• When was the last time I felt that way… and before that… and before that?
                • When did I start feeling that way… when was the first time I started feeling that way in my life?
                • Where did that come from… when did I come up with that conclusion… that way of viewing people, places, things… life?
                • [/list]
                  … wait for an answer.  It may not come immediately because listening to our sub is a skill, but the more you practice that skill, the better and better and better you will become.

Malama Pono… aloha!

Jeff

freebird1234
                PSTEC User

I had something interesting happen, I listened to the accelerator track (tapping) and fell asleep straight afterwards. I woke up with raging panic feelings that I couldn't shift… I began to wind myself up – I cant get better, im getting worse yada yada… then I started talking, and I realised I had been able to go right back to being 6-7 years old where these fearful avoidance feelings had begun. I also realised that I had made a very disturbing belief about food and eating at that same time. This is particuarly interesting as I became so ill I was almost in a coma as I had undiagnosed (for many years) type – 2 diabetes… I do not fit the bill for type2, im slim etc… Its too long winded to probably explain here, but I think its fascinating that I developed type 2 with the agoraphobia, and I started the fear about foods when I started with the avoidance behaviour as a child…. I hope that this will unfold into something exciting. Thanks for the advice… more than anything I need that kinda moral support to keep going as im in the real crappy stuff at the moment.  Best wishes :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.