Interesting reactions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte Tonkinson
    PSTEC User

It's early days with PSTEC for me but i thought i'd post about a few interesting experiences with it.
      I've primarily been using it to process past work memories and projected future work fears i have used the free tracks twice in the past few days.
      The first time after the fourth play of the free CT i started yawning like crazy, so much that at one point i thought my jaw was going to unhinge, i just couldn't seem to stop! My eyes were watering fit to bust too. I have had this happen a bit with EFT and it seems to suggest a shifting of emotion?

So i decided to try it last night before bed for work today, i used the free CTs again, i focussed on what i have felt/would feel about the very worst situations i may encounter at work. I took them to the very worst conclusions and tried really feeling the anger and shame i often feel and eventually memories came up about really angry customers in the past etc.
      About halfway through the 3rd click track round i started giggling fit to bust, i started grinning widely and i couldn't stop myself the memory of this customer throwing a tantrum in front of his own child because i did my job (i wouldnt let him into a secure area he wasn't allowed into that he demanded to go in to-  basically he suffered from 'do you know who i am?-itis') became hilarious, the fact i had been carrying round shame because HE was upset and screamed that i provided bad customer service (i regularly get compliments on my customer service… but we always focus on the one negative in ten positives don't we?) just seemed ridiculous.
      I behave in an extreme people pleasing way and i feel utter shame if anyone is unhappy with me which is something i intend working on with PSTEC in future.
      So with people pleasing and difficulty saying no you can imagine how hard it is working in customer service, it's exhausting.

After i stopped laughing this beautiful warm floaty feeling came over me, i felt like my body was light and floating but also solid in places…. almost like i was present and certain in my body. I could really feel the pillow behind my head and the weight and pressure of my legs against the quilt under my knees. If you told me i had been drugged i would have agreed!
      It was beautiful but also really freaky. I still felt a bit like laughing after and i had the hint of a smile.

As for work today? I still didn't want to go but i didn't feel as fatalistic and down about it as i did earlier, i felt more neutral.
      I wonder has anyone else experienced similar? Is this a sign of stuff shifting? A fluke? Or have i just finally cracked!

Whatever it is i am looking forward to using pstec more.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Ammy,

Thanks for your post and for sharing your experiences with the Click Tracks.

Yes, your experience is certainly not uncommon and, the more you immerse yourself in these tools, the more the results and “ah-has” stack up.

Some people do yawn when running the Click Tracks. Other people might cry, get teary, laugh, giggle, get annoyed, get elated…and I have seen numerous “affects.” It is all good. It is all release.

I appreciate you wish to work on people-pleasing, as you feel shame when you feel you have let someone down or if they are annoyed at you (or something you did).

Work is the context in which fear of criticism or not meeting the expectations of others has shown up. Usually, it starts MUCH earlier than that, and then people-pleasing becomes the survival strategy.

So, you could also direct the Click Tracks at memories of times when you:

– were criticized by your parents, caretakers, old bosses, teachers, friends, romantic interests etc.

– felt the need to be “approved of” by all of the above (and anyone else that comes to mind)

– were shamed for not meeting the expectations of others

The Belief Blasters (http://bit.ly/ppbeliefblastdesc) are highly effective in getting rid of the very beliefs that lead to people-pleasing.

Wanting to help and please people is very noble and also very valuable in this world. It can, however, come at a high emotional price if you feel it is not reciprocated or appreciated.

When you get rid of the pattern, you have the freedom to help and please people and feel absolutely enough within yourself (irrespective of their reaction, lack of appreciation or even outright hostility). This, in turn, will help you in many other contexts.

Hope this reassures you.

You are on the right path here.

Please keep at this, Ammy, and you will get there. Please keep us updated.

Best Regards,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Charlotte Tonkinson
        PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. R.e. people pleasing yes I have struggled with it as long as i can remember and it is something i have been trying to combat although it has been tough to do so! I am hoping with PSTEC i'll be able to 'grease the wheels' as it were and start building more healthy behaviours. I would like to choose my behaviours rather than do things out of reaction and habit and then feel bad afterwards.
          It's definitely a survival strategy that i learned in response to criticism from parents, peers, school system and eventually partners so i'll work on some of the memories around that.

I am feeling a little daunted by what seems to be a 'mountain' of issues  facing me (i have a lot of strong patterns which are all interlinked and serve to 'trap' me quite effectively while sustaining each other- i have a good awareness of my patterns and thoughts but am still struggling with taking action) so i may post some on the forum if i am brave enough and hopefully i can start clearing some of them soon.

I have the belief blasters as well as PQT and have recently purchased click track 2015 so hopefully i have a good range of tools to work with now.

Thanks again for your feedback Paul  :)

Ammy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.