Is there a difference between Level 1 (Self Help) and Level 1 (Therapists)?
- This topic is empty.
- June 27, 2011 at 9:17 am#21292Jeff HardingPSTEC User
I have just discovered PSTEC. Tried downloading the Free version, still waiting for the email (no, it's not in my spam folder either).
If anyone has a minute to spare, I'd like to ask a question.
Is there a difference between Level 1 under Self Help Optional Extras and and Level 1 under Therapist Optional Extras? Same goes for Accelerators…
TomasJune 27, 2011 at 9:21 am#22261Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
Send an email via the PSTEC Contact and Support page and I will be sure you get a link to download the audios…we'll get it done! :- )
No, there is only one version of Level 1 and is both applicable for “self-help” as well as for therapists use… that is why you see it under both sections. Also, only one Accelerator Package… it's for both as well, but it's listed at the top because it's the latest package to come out of Tim (ok, that's sounds odd, huh? But, it's true!).
Stay tuned for a new package, coming soon, probably… well, hopefully… in October… it will be all about how to achieve almost anything using PSTEC… very cool!
JeffJune 27, 2011 at 9:22 am#22262Jeff HardingPSTEC User
I finally did get the email, but for some reason it took almost 14 hours. I must have a really slow connection
Thank you for the explanation. Before I discovered this forum, I actually asked Tim a couple of question regarding which PSTEC product would be the best option for me and he mentioned the same thing you did. He thinks the upcoming package might suit me the best, as I don't really have any deep emotional trauma and such to erase. I am more interested in sort of installing new beliefs and patterns.
Actually, when I did my first tapping today, it was kind of hard to come up with some very negative event or memory from the past. I feel like I need to break through some self imposed limiting beliefs for sure, but there is not a strong sense of negativity around them. Just mild frustration I would say.
It was actually difficult to focus on that feeling while tapping… almost right from the beginning. Maybe I was too focused on following the instructions, but how can you not be?
tomasJune 27, 2011 at 9:24 am#22263Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
You're always welcome, my friend!
One of the best exercises in helping you to move forward is to use the PSTEC Positive Tracks in moving toward your desires/goals/targets because there are two basic results of that practice:
1. Hey, you achieve and experience your heart's desires…very cool, yah?
2. If the Mind Model of your subconscious is contrary to your conscious intention or desire, then the subconscious will let you know there is “disharmony” in the world of Tomas.
So, if you decide to employ PSTEC Positive (it works very inexpensively) :- ) … then, keep in mind and be conscious that issues may arise because you are pushing against the envelope or boundries of your Mind Model.
You see, the subconscious will present to you the issue that is contrary… oh, and you know what? There is evidence that there is a conflict as you indicated by your frustration…mild as it might be… so, when the subconscious presents the “counter intention” to you, there are two choices that you can make:
1. Live with it… just give in to the subconscious and let it guide you… which means more of the same in your life.
2. Change it… heal it… shift your Mind Model and your perception. Ah, then the possibilities are endless.
So, two things here for you…
* Take that frustration feelings and allow the images, memories, events, videos, thoughts, imagined events to come about and tell you the cause of the feelings and you can begin to Click Track them away.
* While you are doing the Click Track, make the conscious choice to focus on the feeling and memory rather than trying to get the instructions, tapping and wording perfect. Yes, your mind may wander to other things, but try… try as hard as you can to hold onto the feeling and the memory.
Oh, an remember, if the Click Track is not easy, then it's doing it's job… when it becomes a breeze, you need to change tracks or use the “stretch” as described in the Level 1 Therapist Tutorial.
Take care… aloha!
JeffJune 27, 2011 at 9:24 am#22264Jeff HardingPSTEC User
You made some great points. I'm so glad you decided to comment on my posts here.
You are absolutely correct. The feeling of frustration is definitely the evidence that there is a conflict between my subconscious patterns and conscious desires. And since, from what I understand, subconscious is way more powerful and is pretty much “running the show”, my desires are just that.. desires, and not manifested experiences.
One thing I seem to struggle with is discovering what my limiting beliefs are. I know what I want, I know it hasn't arrived yet.. so I know, that I am holding some unconscious beliefs that are preventing me from manifesting my desire (at this point, I am past blaming other people or outside circumstances). But when I want to work on tapping these beliefs out with EFT or now with PSTEC, I am not sure how to identify them.
That's why what you're saying is very exciting for me. If I use PSTEC Positive, my own subconscious will let me know when there is a conflict and I'll be.. hopefully… able to recognize the thought/belief that has been hidden.
A technical question. When you tap with both hands .. there is no click, just a sound… how fast do you tap? Faster then with just a right hand? Slower than with just your left? Does it even matter?
Also, you mentioned that it's not that important to get the wording perfect. I was just trying to focus on the feeling, not saying anything. Am I also supposed to say my thoughts out loud?
TomasJune 27, 2011 at 9:26 am#22265Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
You are always welcome!
On the clicking and tapping…
Well, first of all it depends which Click Track you are using because you will notice that each Click Track has a little different instructions in terms of which hand responds to which click or tone.
- For each click and tone, you are TAPPING your fingers.
- There are two click beat tracks and a tone track in every audio, but the tapping varies depending upon the particular audio file.
Let’s take the Click Track 01 (file name “PSTecFile01”) as an example…
- There is the first, faster click beat track and Tim says tap with the fingers of the right hand along with the rhythm of the clicking.
- There is a second, slower click beat track and Tim says tap along with the fingers of the left hand along with the rhythm of the clicking.
- There is a tone and when you hear that, you tap with BOTH hands as rapidly as you can.
[/list]Again, when it comes to tapping with your individual hands and the speed of the tapping, they correspond the same. In other words, when you tap with either hand singly, you tap in rhythm or in time with the clicks and tones. When you are tapping with both hands, tap them rapidly together; as fast as you can.
- Remember, just do the best you can in terms of the tapping… if you miss, don't worry, just do the best you can.
- Be sure you are focusing as he says in the audio on the feelings and the problem memory. Don't worry about understanding what he is saying; just focus on trying to hand on to the feeling and the memory.
- No need to repeat anything while tapping with the Click Track. This is not the same as other modalities, so DO NOT bring other methods into this. In your mind, start from scratch and just follow along with the instructions.
So, you merely focus on the feeling and the memory (memory can be an image, a movie, a sound in your mind, a little snippet of a movie, a flash of an image; person, place or thing) and try… try as hard as you can to hold onto it.
I'm not sure what the reference was to “…not important to get the wording perfect.” So, I am not sure how to address that. As you said, focus on the feeling and the memory.
JeffJune 27, 2011 at 9:27 am#22266Jeff HardingPSTEC User
Yes, it helped very much…
I figured when I tap individually with either left or right hand, I have to follow the tempo of the click track. I wasn't sure how fast to tap when I hear the tone… as you said, as fast as possible. Great!
The “…not important to get the wording perfect.” comment was referring to your previous post, where you wrote:
“While you are doing the Click Track, make the conscious choice to focus on the feeling and memory rather than trying to get the instructions, tapping and wording perfect.”
I think you were talking about PSTEC Positive, where you actually say your goals/affirmations. Since I have only done the free track so far, I got confused by “getting the wording perfect”, because you're not supposed to say anything.
Sorry if I sounded confused.
tomasJune 27, 2011 at 9:29 am#22267Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
I was actually referring to the wording on the Click Track…in other words, don't worry about what he is saying if you are “doing it right”… just do the best you can to keep up with the tapping, but, more importantly “…try to hand on to the feeling…try your hardest… try harder than you even have before.” :- )
You are absolutely right, there is no “repeating of any words” as you do the click tracks or even the PSTEC Positive.
You're always welcome… take care… keep clickin'…hugs and aloha!
JeffJune 27, 2011 at 9:30 am#22268Jeff HardingPSTEC User
I see, you mean Tim's wording. I thought you meant mine… and since I wasn't sure what the other tracks were like, I thought maybe at some point I actually say some affirmations.
I get it now!
In which case… between focusing on the feeling and trying to get the tapping right… I have pretty much no idea what Tim is saying. There is not enough focus left in my brain!
Thank you so much!
TomasJune 27, 2011 at 9:31 am#22269Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
Yes, very nice… in fact, if it becomes too easy, you're not getting the benefit. It should be difficult to keep up, thus, you won't get it perfect for the most part.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.