Logical locks – PQT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hugo Frutos
    PSTEC User

In one of the tutorials, Tim talks about how people use logical locks to sustain beliefs against themselves.

Do you any of you have examples of logical locks used in a positive way? Do you use those at all? If yes, could you come up with some examples to develop a healthy level of confidence? If not, why not?

I know I’m not providing any context. I’m trying to understand it in principle.

Thank you all!

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi shugofrutos.

Thanks for your post and apologies for the late reply.

When working with people, I sometimes do have a chat about the nature of beliefs, as some people have built up a rational set of arguments that their beliefs are “the truth.” Therefore, anything to the contrary seems like a delusion to them.

This chat can help loosen things up – often by dealing with objections. The real gold is in the subconscious, however.

When someone truly believes something, it is self-evident and self-reinforcing. We are conscious of some beliefs, but not others. The really big beliefs tend to be stored in the subconscious.

Therefore, when the negative core beliefs (as well as “people”, “life” and “world” beliefs) are eliminated and new suggestions are layered into the Mind Model in a systematic way, people will feel differently about themselves, life, people and the world. This will usually get rid of logical loops or rigid thinking.

You won't need to affirm it when you already truly believe it. Our experience can always be fine-tuned, however.

I find that when people have a “logical reason” for not feeling confident, counterexampling can be a very effective strategy. It is a starting-point to logically counterexample the “evidence.”

Whenever someone feels they can't do something or will never be confident, this can be logically overcome with principles like the following:

– other people have overcome similar or even bigger challenges/obstacles.

– maybe you can change your Mind Model easily when using the most appropriate tools according to their instructions.

– maybe once all the causal beliefs and emotions (linked to memories and imagined future outcomes) are eliminated, confidence is a natural by-product.

You can also layer in suggestions, using PQT, that are very easy to accept:

– “I absolutely have the capacity to feel completely at ease”

– “The more I relax, the better I feel”

And then move to bigger suggestions.

Confidence itself must be defined, as it can be a highly subjective experience.

I think it would be very useful to map out what confidence what look and feel like to you. When you are confident, how will you know? What decisions will indicate high confidence? What will you feel in your body? How will you stand, talk and act when you feel highly confident? Specificity is key. I recommend writing it down and really making it come to life. It will give you a vision of how you can be.

Confidence is usually contextual – some people can perform in front of thousands of people but feel uncomfortable being alone in a coffee shop. Other people will feel much more confident or at ease around smaller groups of people.

Recently, I watched an interview with a really famous singer who has been performing for nearly 30 years. He said he comes alive on stage and in front of a camera, but feels very unsure of himself when he is not in the limelight. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever watched this man being interviewed or performing in front of thousands of fans and suggested he lacked confidence…but apparently he feels very unsure of himself in a different context.

It is quite a familiar story actually, and I only bring it up as nearly everyone has a context. If you identify the contexts where you want to feel and/or behave more confidently, and define how that would play out, PSTEC can help you repattern it.

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to dialogue about this.

All the best,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.