Looking for suggestions – negative beliefs re Piano

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Looking for suggestions – negative beliefs re Piano

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bizologist
    PSTEC User

I have decided to learn piano and am meeting up with the usual student problems of hand independence.  The hands and fingers want to work in sync and not as required by the music.  I think this is a problem of the sub conscious mind having control through years of habit and programming.

Any suggestions of how to speed the process of freeing the fingers?  The usual method of practice is effective but laborious and time consuming. 

Thanks in advance.
      Harold Hoffmann

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Hi Harold –

This assumes all you have is the free basic clicktracks. The clicktracks work near miracles when using worst case future imagined events. Give this a try –

Note: It is important to do anger first, then frustration and impatience.

Imagine being very angry about this. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. First angry at the situation. Then angry at yourself. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine being as frustrated as you can be with the inability to learn and you feel like giving up. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine being as impatient as can be with inability to learn and you feel like giving up. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine being completely hopeless with learning to play. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine being ridiculed, embarrased and failing with learning to play. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine there is no way you can succeed with learning to play. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

Imagine your hands being as bad as they can be with people watching you and making fun of you. Make it as bad and extreme as you can get. Clicktrack to a 1 or 0

While you are doing any of these, if you see any flashes of memories from your past – events or people – write them down. Immediately clear those next.

Then see where you can land. We can then offer some PSTEC positive suggestions.

Tomas Zobal
        PSTEC User

This seems like a great sequence to approach almost any issue, Brian.

Bizologist
          PSTEC User

Thank you Brian,

Harold

Adamsss
            PSTEC User

Hi Brian,

Thank you Brian this will also help in my trading business. I have habits that lead to defeating my success and it is frustrating. I can see what I am doing and I can't help it. Thank you again I'll work on this today.

Best regards

Adam

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

I would also add to imagine that you will never be able to play piano. It is impossible. CT to a 1 or 0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.