Major Belief Change Steps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Lambert
    PSTEC User

I know we’ve address this question at various times however I would like to talk about some specifics.

I’m installing around the topic of not caring or being concerned with what others think of me.

I’ve installed “I live my life without concern for what others think of me” three times and it isn’t sticking so I’m thinking it’s too far of a jump from where my current mindset is.

There is a framework for this that works up to the major belief change by installing “stepping stone” type belief statements.

Is there any suggestions about belief statements that would work up to “I live my life without concern for what others think of me” ?

Scott

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

I often hit it with a few other supporting suggestions in a cluster such as:

What people think about me is far less important now

What people think about me is completely unimportant now

I find people saying and thinking great things about me

I feel much better about what other people think now

I can feel really good about what other people think

Most people think I am a great person now because I am

I can completely relax about what other people think

It makes absolutely no difference what people think of me

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Scott!
          Mahalo Brian!

Here’s one I usually start people off with depending upon their current mind model.
          If you can be a bit “snarky” or defiant, use that characteristic with this suggestion…

“I don’t care what others think of me”

It’s a great transition to “Others do not define who and what I am”
          Notice this one has no defensiveness to it, but “I don’t care…” does have a bit of that and that’s ok to get started and then transition later to something more “matter of fact.”

Some other thoughts around your PP…
          “I live my life without concern for what others think of me”

1. … soften it …

“I can … or … I will … or … It’s possible for me to …
            … live my life without concern for what others think of me”

Find a softened version that is more acceptable and then use that until it’s an absolute “10” true for you and then graduate up to “I live…”  which is actually an absolute “I am …” statement.

2. Look at why “it isn’t sticking” … ask “Why?”
            There may be emotional memories that are blocking that or other beliefs that are more at the core of why it’s not acceptable.
          3. And one last tool that may help… There is a hypnotic track in PSTEC Basic Mentoring …
            “Others Do Not Define Who and What I Am”

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.