Meta beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Truman
    PSTEC User

I get the feeling that most beliefs are like a spider web with a root in which they grow.

I've been doing positive extra power and i would like to know how to reverse deep meta issues instead losing time with beliefs at the shallow end of the pool.

One of this meta issues is being gregarious/social and having more sex appeal

My main guess is fear of abandoment/suffocation and sexual shame

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thanks for your post.

With PSTEC, the mind model is constructed from emotions, beliefs and behaviours/habits.

You can change the model by neutralising the emotions, eliminating unwanted beliefs and installing positive behaviours. Eliminating the appropriate beliefs will, in turn, affect emotions and behaviours. Similarly, if you neutralise unwanted emotions from people, events and memories…this would also impact your beliefs and behaviours. They all work together and changing one will have an impact on the other.

Once the tipping point is reached, your mind model will be dramatically altered. It is a natural by-product of this work and some changes can happen within a single session, while others may take a little bit longer to show up. It just depends on what you are aiming towards and how much work your subconscious mind is required to do.

You could get into the meta-patterns, or assume that you are “losing time.” It is not really so much about that, but rather a case of “spotting your emotional and behavioural patterns” and then finding out which beliefs and conditions are feeding into the mind model.

So, for example, you can flesh this out. “Fear of speaking up in meetings” is an example of a pattern, but beliefs like “What I have to say is unimportant” or “People aren't interested in my opinions” might feed into that. They would invariably create an emotion and manifest in an avoidant behaviour, so the various PSTEC tools can address this pattern systematically.

I am not sure what work you have done so far. However, if you have a feeling that you are not social enough, ask “what would someone have to believe to not feel social enough?”

See what comes up. Any beliefs or feelings coming to mind?

I am not sure what protocols you have followed, but I recommend starting your journey with the Click Tracks. 

Check to see if you have any feelings about not being social enough. Check whether there are any situations you have been avoiding in the social realm – talking to people you don't know, for instance. Perhaps it just a feeling of unease when out in public.

If you could advise me which specific outcomes you are wishing to achieve and which issues (as you see them) you wish to resolve, I will give a more personalised response.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Truman
        PSTEC User

Hi Truman,

Thanks for your post.

With PSTEC, the mind model is constructed from emotions, beliefs and behaviours/habits.

You can change the model by neutralising the emotions, eliminating unwanted beliefs and installing positive behaviours. Eliminating the appropriate beliefs will, in turn, affect emotions and behaviours. Similarly, if you neutralise unwanted emotions from people, events and memories…this would also impact your beliefs and behaviours. They all work together and changing one will have an impact on the other.

Once the tipping point is reached, your mind model will be dramatically altered. It is a natural by-product of this work and some changes can happen within a single session, while others may take a little bit longer to show up. It just depends on what you are aiming towards and how much work your subconscious mind is required to do.

You could get into the meta-patterns, or assume that you are “losing time.” It is not really so much about that, but rather a case of “spotting your emotional and behavioural patterns” and then finding out which beliefs and conditions are feeding into the mind model.

So, for example, you can flesh this out. “Fear of speaking up in meetings” is an example of a pattern, but beliefs like “What I have to say is unimportant” or “People aren't interested in my opinions” might feed into that. They would invariably create an emotion and manifest in an avoidant behaviour, so the various PSTEC tools can address this pattern systematically.

I am not sure what work you have done so far. However, if you have a feeling that you are not social enough, ask “what would someone have to believe to not feel social enough?”

See what comes up. Any beliefs or feelings coming to mind?

I am not sure what protocols you have followed, but I recommend starting your journey with the Click Tracks. 

Check to see if you have any feelings about not being social enough. Check whether there are any situations you have been avoiding in the social realm – talking to people you don't know, for instance. Perhaps it just a feeling of unease when out in public.

If you could advise me which specific outcomes you are wishing to achieve and which issues (as you see them) you wish to resolve, I will give a more personalised response.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks paul, now i understand a little bit better.

So, in positive pstec i could just use the inverse belief from which i already have,

I.E. People are not interested in spending time with me,

To

People are interested in spending time with me

And, adding to that.. I AM interested in spending time with people (just in case that im projecting beliefs)

And tap on both things, right?

Paul McCabe

Hi Truman,

Yes, that is one way to do it, but I would recommend scaling this. That is my preferred method. Neutralise your unwanted emotions and eliminate the appropriate beliefs…and then suggest new beliefs and behaviours.

I would recommend making a list of unwanted beliefs that contribute to the emotional and behavioural pattern and, using Belief Blasters (https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/384fm/24861/order), eliminate those beliefs from your mind model.

This would be very liberating and, on its own, can have a profound impact on your experience of life.

You could then use PSTEC Positive Extra Power to install the opposite beliefs.

So, you could eliminate “People don't like me” and install “People do like me.” Neither belief is objectively “true”, as we cannot test our likeability by checking in with 7 billion people. However, this would increase your “likeability factor.”

You will find other beliefs that contribute to the pattern. If you had a belief like “People aren't interested in spending time with me”, what would you have to believe about yourself?

Whichever beliefs show up here (e.g “I'm not interesting”) can be eliminated and then you can install the opposite beliefs and layer them in gradually. Instead of eliminating something like “I am boring” and countering with “I am highly interesting”, it might prove a better strategy to work up to that. So, you could start with “I can be very interesting”, “I have lots of interesting things to say” and “Maybe I can show people how engaging I am.”

Also, as you mentioned, it would prove beneficial to hold positive “people beliefs.”  So, is there anything negative that you currently believe about people? Common beliefs in this realm might be “People can't be trusted” or “People are dangerous.” You may have these, you may have others, but I suspect you will have some.

Again, work with the Click Tracks too. Think of anything from your past that you wish hadn't happened, see if any unwanted emotions (fear, anger, sadness etc.) are attached and neutralise those emotions. See also: anything you imagine in the future. No pressure here, as I am confident some events and memories may take a while to resurface.

I hope that helps. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Paul  :)

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Truman
            PSTEC User

Thanks Paul. I appreciate your help. The “scaling” method makes a lot of sense  :D

I'm working with a technique called PEAT to neutralize energetic polarities.

Paul McCabe

Thanks, Truman. It's a pleasure.

Please do update us on your progress.

Truman
                PSTEC User

Thanks, Truman. It's a pleasure.

Please do update us on your progress.

Hey again.

I've a question on the structure of beliefs.

What would be the difference between:

I am safe expressing myself around others

I am safe expressing myself around strangers

I am safe expressing myself around attractive women.

Is there any difference between i AM and i FEEL?

Should i tap on these 3 or just be as specific as i can in the first place?

Should i add a “people belief” every self belief just in case?

Like,

I can show affection easy to people

Other people can show affection easy to me
                  Thanks

Paul McCabe

Hi Truman,

When discussing what makes something a belief, it is crucial to note that beliefs are abstractions about people, ourselves and life. They can refer to other things too, of course.

Beliefs feed into emotions, and emotions feed into beliefs.

“I am”-style beliefs tend to be the core beliefs (“I am not important”, “I am weird” etc.) They feed into emotional patterns, and can be emotionally causal or emotionally descriptive.

“I am not good enough” is a belief that would have been formed in early childhood, based on interactions with parents or caregivers. “I do not feel good enough” is a description of how you feel based on having beliefs and emotions. It is putting words to the feelings. If someone had a spider phobia and felt fear, eliminating “I was nervous around spiders” and suggesting “I feel excited when spiders are around” is likely to have little or even no impact on feeling the fear. It is not the core belief. Being nervous around spiders is the consequence of having other beliefs and emotionally conditioned responses.

To give a clear example of this: if you feel nervous expressing yourself around others, telling yourself that you do NOT feel nervous might not be the best strategy. Denial is not the most prudent option, in my experience.

If the feelings are there, I recommend that you neutralise those first by using the CTs.

Then, once you have neutralised those down to 0 (or as close as possible to that subjective measurement), eliminate the negative belief with PSTEC Negative  (https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/298hk/24861/order) or the Belief Blasters (https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/384fm/24861/order)

If you have these tracks, fantastic. If not, then PSTEC Positive or Positive Extra Power both work brilliantly to layer in suggestions. With these tracks, it should be noted that you can layer in beliefs and behavioural suggestions.

For the suggestions you have referenced, I would recommend that you add more sizzle. This is just my recommendation, however. You could, for instance, use:

“I can really enjoy showing people who I really am.”

“Maybe flirting is even more fun than I thought.”

“When attractive women are around, my confidence shines.”

“Perhaps I can start seeing the best in other people.”

“I can feel great no matter what anyone says to me.”

Re-word these accordingly and ensure any suggestions you layer in are compelling for you.

Please let us know how you get on with this work, Truman.

Paul  :D

Truman
                    PSTEC User

After doing almost 100 beliefs in 4 days i feel like another person, and people treat me in a much more kind way!

This is great. Like a dream came true.

I still have almost 100+ beliefs to work on

M
                      PSTEC User

Great job, Truman.  Keep us posted on your journey!  I'm really interested in how you've been working through your beliefs, and I'm also interested to hear how your interactions have changed since clearing so many beliefs.  Great stuff, and very inspiring!

As always, great insights, Paul.  I've gotten a lot out of this thread, as I am dealing with similar (social/dating) challenges.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.