Metapsychological Beliefs

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Metapsychological Beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Truman
    PSTEC User

if we follow Freud's notion of dynamic unconscious we suffer mainly because we value pleasure over pain (who wouldn't).

So, I thought that maybe if we erase some beliefs about pleasure and pain we could achieve more spiritual freedom from ID and superego.

My problem is that I don't know how to locate these beliefs about pleasure and pain because those are unconscious.

I would like to erase any belief that goes against not wanting to feel pain.

For example

“I couldn't have handled pain”

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thanks for posting.

It is all a model, really. Pain and pleasure, to an extent, are entirely subjective. What one person finds painful, another finds pleasurable…and vice versa.

Of course, there are certain experiences which seem to be universally painful. If you were neutral about everything, which could be achievable, is that the best outcome for you? Judging by your question, I don't think so.

It seems you want to sit with the pain, allow it to be there and to resolve.

As I understand it, however, more spiritual freedom can be attained from giving up the attachment to certain outcomes.

Beliefs are often below conscious awareness, but we can bring them to conscious awareness.

A belief that tends to get in the way is “everything needs to go my way”, allied with “I have to be perfect” and “pain is bad.”

Eliminating these from your model of reality can create freedom and allow pain to be experienced…and cleared.

Some good suggestions for PQT:

“I now safely navigate pain to be who I was meant to be”
        “I am safe to be me now”
        “I can absolutely handle and resolve my pain now”
        “Pain has a message for me, so I listen to it”
        “I am definitely made of strong stuff”
        “I use all pain to create a pleasurable life”

Hope that helps, Truman.

All the best,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Definitely want to blast the belief “life is painful”

Truman
          PSTEC User

thank you guys. that is really helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.