Need Advice on Business Fear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monmart
    PSTEC User

Hello, just joined. Glad to be apart of the forum. Lots of great info here.

I'm struggling with some fear. This has to do with a new business venture. I'm confident of succeeding. But I have some underlying fears that linger on my mind constantly.

– Fear of success.
      – Fear of what people may think, including family.
      – Fear of being judged and hated.

This new venture is actually very positive but I still struggle with these thoughts. I do daily affirmations with “I am” and practice gratitude regularly. I feel enlightened because of this but still have some weakness with fear.

So my question is, how can I use PSTEC to reduce these thoughts? And I may need advice on writing a good statement.

I have purchased

PSTEC Level 1
      PSTEC Negative

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Scott Lambert
      PSTEC User

Hey Mark, I”m following your post. I'm also in a situation of starting a business and having similar challenges.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Monmart & Scott

Monmart you have identified the problem as fear. Fear is an emotion and therefore the first PSTEC tools to use are the Click Tracks. These work not just on past memories and associated feelings but anticipated future events, examples, upcoming exams or public speaking situations. In business start-ups then fear of failure is common and more understandable but fear of success is really the same thing. Here the change in how others perceive you either way alters how you feel they relate to you, this also changes you, so also fear of change, into the unknown.

In order to work this way and ramp up the emotions and so give the Click Tracks a more accurate target, Imagine the worst things that could happen to you, this could be everything going pear shaped, losing money, your car, your house, your family. Or… everything going wildly viral and being inundated with media exposure, being on TV, big money companies wanting to buy you out for mega bucks. Whatever raises your anxiety and fear levels the most. Keep on imagining this like a disaster movie with sounds smells and touch, imagine the things other people might say, they way they might look at you, while running a Click Track.

Give this a try and let us know how you get on. Then we can look at Negative and Positive statements.

Peter

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

You may want to also look at fear of rejection.

Sally Baker
            PSTEC User

Fear of success crops up with clients as often as fear of failure. There will be many aspects to unpick but this is worthwhile work and you can get yourself free from limiting self-beliefs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.