No More Anger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carfy
    PSTEC User

Hi everyone I have been using No More Anger for 1 month and 10 days now and I have not noticed any reduction in anger. Sometimes it feels like I am getting more angry and little things like family members eating loudly really can make me feel very enraged inside. I never express this out so it's always kept in but I was hoping this may have reduced things a bit.

Anger is not something I really thought too much about but I decided to give it a go to see if it would help reduce the depression I get sometimes. I also want to work on my social anxiety but I decided to see if the No More Anger track would help before I purchased No More Anxiety.

I did originally download the free click tracks and tried many weeks on one small little anger I had with my mum but it wouldn't reduce the feeling. I emailed Tim and he suggested trying the No More Anger and then if I noticed something to then think about adding the No More Anxiety.

So at this point I'm just wondering if there is something else I can do or do I just need to be more patient? I have been listening and thinking about what is said in No More Anger as instructed every day without fail. I've even started to get angry at why this does not feel like it's working for me, and really how many other alternative therapies I have tried never seem to work for me.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Carfy,

Thanks for posting.

There are a couple of things you can try here and, in my experience, all the PSTEC tools can work synergistically. It may transpire that, in this particular case, you can use the other tools to produce a greater result with No More Anger.

In this case, you might choose to evoke the anger when thinking of the following:

– “Nothing works for me”
        – “I've wasted my time”
        – “I'm stuck”
        – “Things will never get better”

Those are a mixture of beliefs, expectations and assessments

Try saying these out loud and see if any negative emotions crop up.

There may be a mixture of emotions. You could CT the “mixture”, or you could see whether there is a dominant emotion (e.g. anger) that you could neutralise first. It's a matter of choice and some experimentation, really.

Rate this from 0-10.

You could write each of the statements on a piece of paper and, whilst looking at this periodically and cycling through the statements during the CT. round, run the Free CT.

This differs slightly from the instructions and is an experimental/modified use of the CTs.

You can, of course, also directly CT the anger. You can CT the anger you feel with family members eating loudly. You can also do this for the other instances where you feel triggered.

In my experience, however, this would tend to just be an “anger context.” To really get to the root cause of anger, you may wish to look at your personal history.

Go WAY back. In many instances, the stuff that seems irrelevant or where you can casually say “I'm over that!” (as you've rationalised it) is the precise cause. I can't even begin to underline the value in this.

Were you ever bullied?

Did you experience any sort of abuse?

Did you ever have the sense you were harshly treated, abandoned or cast aside?

Did you ever lose any friends, pets or loved ones when you were younger?

What is your relationship like with your parents now and what was it like when you were younger?

Did you ever experience any problems in relationships (break-ups, infidelity)?

Were you ever accused of or punished for something you didn't do?

Some, none or all of these may apply, Carfy, but those tend to be the cause of a lot of anger (if stuffed away or left unresolved) and, indeed, social anxiety. If you locate the specific events from your personal history, and CT those down to 0 or 1, you might well find that the little things just disappear too.

You may also look at this from the belief perspective. Beliefs like “I'm powerless” tend to create anger. There will be others.

Using the Belief Blasters is, for my money, the easiest method for eliminating the beliefs that feed an unwanted pattern – http://bit.ly/beliefblasters

Please keep the thread updated and let us know how you get on.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Truman
        PSTEC User

what helped me with anger was to CT the feelings while imagining a total rage, even closing my fists and my teeth.

this helped me to evoke the raw feelings of anger and after 2 CTs they went away.

try to feel the worst kind of anger possible. even imagine killing and stabbing someone that produces you that anger. go mad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.