Not able to inhale during swimming session

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Not able to inhale during swimming session

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hriswadkar
    PSTEC User

Hello everyone,

I am 35 and trying to learn swimming. When I am asked by instructor to use float/kickboard and go to the other end of pool (shallow end), I am not able to do so. After some time, I feel the need for air and not able to move my head properly for breathing. When I move the head, water goes in my nose/mouth and I get the fear of drowning. This is happening since the 2nd day of swimming class.

I wanted to know if PSTEC can help me overcome the fear. Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha!
        First, begin by being aware of the emotional aspects that affect your comfort with swimming and learning to swim.  What emotions arise and merely follow those clues to the source or cause.  So, start with what comes up first.  You mentioned, “…the [color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]fear of drowning…”[/color]
        …. take the imagination that arises… what does “drowning look like to you?”  Imagine that, TRY HARD to feel the fear and CT that fear.  Be aware of other images, memories or other imagined events that come to mind.  If they do, jot them down and  CT them as well.

You may have to delve a little deeper by asking…
        “Why am I afraid of…”
        *swimming
        *learning to swim
        *the water
        *using the kickboard

“Why can't I get to the other end of the pool?”
        “Why am I not able to move my head properly to breathe?”

Your subconscious has a reason to get your attention with fears of what you are trying to do so just “listen” and it will tell you consciously what is the issue is and then you can direct the CT's to those aspects.

Beliefs are another aspect to approach with PSTEC Positive (PP).

You mentioned:
        [color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]* float/kickboard and go to the other end of pool (shallow end), I am not able to do so[/color]
        [color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]* [/color][color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]not able to move my head properly for breathing.[/color]
        [color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]* [/color][color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]When I move the head, water goes in my nose/mouth and I [feel like I will] drown[/color]

There are several PP Statements you can craft to shift those beliefs you have.
        But, first, begin by lowering the emotions around being in the water, learning to swim and the fear of drowning.  Then, once they are lowered or eliminated, use PP on Positive Statements of success.

Malama Pono!
        Jeff

hriswadkar
        PSTEC User

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Can you please explain what is CT?

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

CT = Click Track
            PP = PSTEC Positive
            ATT = Accelerator Tapping Track

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.