OCD & where to find the info in the Advanced package

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bodycodehealer
    PSTEC User

Hi all, I have Pstec Advanced Part One and the sales page says that there is info on that package about OCD, does anyone know where to find it specifically in the audios? I've been listening to it again and I am 30 min into the Advanced part 1 audio and have not found it yet.

Where is it exactly?

My wife took the 60 question test in the book Tormenting Thoughts by Osborn and she seems to have OCD. We are looking into pharmaceutical options but also am curious how PSTEC can be applied. (If anyone else has helpful ideas for OCD, pstec or otherwise, I really appreciate it!)

Thank you.

Evan Bageris
      PSTEC User

It's at 24:15 of the Advanced Practical, the Pstec oriented recording in the package.  So I believe Tim suggests you listen to the Mind Model parts 1and2 and then finish with the Pstec Advanced Practical.  Anyway, he begins talking about OCD at 24:15 and explains a bit about what not to do and then comes back with a protocol a few minutes later.  Listen to all three though, they are full of truly fascinating information about (what else?) the mind and brain and how we think and why we do the things we do.  Oh, and how to get better.  Right.  Good luck to you and your wife.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Thanks for helping out Evan B. I have not had time in the last few days to find the track timings.

Bodycodehealer I will get back to you tomorrow.

Peter

bodycodehealer
          PSTEC User

This is great thanks guys for your help!

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Bodycodehealer

Hopefully by now you will have listened to all of the Advanced Practical and the Mind Model tracks. The obsessive behaviours and thoughts are driven by feelings in the subconscious. Such powerful feelings are usually fears. The subconscious creates the behaviour to protect itself from the perceived consequences of the fear, to make it go away or block it out. If your wife is clear about the fear and perhaps the initial circumstances which caused it, then the next question is can she recall, remember the event or access the fear without being compelled into the repetitive pattern. If yes then Click Tracking it directly should be possible. If not then a round-a-bout route is required. If possible find some other past event in her life unrelated to the OCD that still has negative feelings attached. Click Track those in order to get her used to the Click Tracks, so that she knows they are safe and they work. As you are asking the questions here on her behalf I am assuming that you will be working with her on this problem. Also that you can be with her while she runs the Click Tracks, anything that makes her feel safe and reduces any stress will be helpful. It is possible to use PSTEC Positive to suggest that PSTEC is safe and will help her.
              Where to go from here sort of depends on the nature of the compulsion, the thoughts and or behaviours, and how long they can be resisted, but still aiming at clearing those fears and if possible the original event.
              Please get back to me to me if you get lost, trying to work it out.
              Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.