overspending

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    glynrees
    PSTEC User

Hi!
      I have bought a lot of tracks now and listened to it all but I'm confused
      The thing I want to change is my spending
      I earn good money and desperately want to save but I keep buying the next cool gadget or gym supplement. Anything really and I've tried for decades to figure out why and just can't
      How can I use pstec to give me the mind-set  to be a saver? To spend as if my income were a lot less and live well within my means?
      I earn double what I did a year ago and have nothing to show for it and I'm terrified once my current contract ends next year how I will survive on a lower wage
      I've tried eft a lot and it worked a bit for alcohol (needs more work) but not this

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi glynrees

Terrified on how to survive when your contract ends? That fear/terror is where to start. Imagine that very future event happening and run a Click Track imagining the worst that can happen. Clearing this will give you a greater understanding of why you spend. Possibly there is a sense of security in doing so a feel good factor so you should Click Track feelings generated by not spending, what would it feel like if you didn't. Click track those!

Once these fears are removed then you can start working on creating a savings habit.

Peter

glynrees
        PSTEC User

Thanks for taking the time to reply Peter! :)
          am I right in thinking I run a negative click track on the fear aspect and then a positive one whilst concentrating on good feelings of not spending?

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi

My suggestion is to remove as many of the fears as possible that drive your spending habit before working on any positive saving habits. If you can do this it will make the savings habit easy. The spending is emotional with quick (but short lived) gratification while the savings is logical and with very delayed and little sense of gratification. The emotions are stronger and more powerful than the reasoned save for a rainy day, you know it makes sense rationale. So you need to work with what ever of the Click Tracks works best for you first and keep going until you feel the difference.

Peter

Tomas Zobal
            PSTEC User

am I right in thinking I run a negative click track on the fear aspect and then a positive one whilst concentrating on good feelings of not spending?

There are way more qualified people to give advice here, but I think you want to work on the emotion of fear (as Peter says) first, not on your beliefs. The negative and positive tracks are for beliefs. The free click tracks, EEFs, 2015 and accelerators are for emotions.

It makes it much easier to work on your beliefs when your emotions (fear, anger) are minimized or eliminated. If you have time, read Paul's and Brian's posts… especially in the recent threads. I believe you'll find them very helpful.

glynrees
              PSTEC User

Thanks guys much appreciated!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.