Overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin untangling ‘life’

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin untangling ‘life’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte Tonkinson
    PSTEC User

I'm experiencing mental overwhelm and paralysis with everything and i don't even know where to start as there is 'too much wrong with me/too much to change to even know where to begin'.
      I have quite a lot of 'schemas' (inflexible patterns of thought, feeling and behavious) and am in a program to help break the patterns so i thought i could use PSTEC to help with it but i don't even know where to begin, i feel completely seized up (again that is a pattern for me) and like i am faced with a mountain i have no idea how to even begin climbing.
      I know Tim doesn't like labels and over the years ive been one for collecting them to figure out 'what is wrong with me' which has never made me feel better.
      But i am fairly sure i fit the bill of Dependant personality disorder and Avoidant personality disorder- i am terribly avoidant.
      I am tired of being how i am and feel like i need to be entirely the opposite of how i am, i just feel frustrated and stuck and don't know how to move forward when i don't even know where to begin.
      I struggle to feel anything either so during pstec tracks i end up having to imagine how i would feel in situations as i cant evoke it. I know Tim says that youve just got to try and feel the feeling rather than actually feel it but i wonder if i am somehow doing the tracks wrong.

I want to use PSTEC but so far have just used it on events i have been worried about in future and i like to think that my use of PQT and pstec recently was the cause of me being more calm than usual during a performance.

I've considered seeing if i can work with a PSTEC practitioner to help me unravel some of my 'stuff' and help me focus my efforts but it isn't helpful if i just go 'i have these schemas/ maybe a personality disorder/ my whole life/myself feels like the problem.'

I'm not even in a crisis or anything… i just seem to feel numb, like i have functional depression. Nothing is terrible but nothing is good either. I just exist in a numb functional little bubble.

So i just don't know where to begin or go with all of this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Ammy,

Thanks for posting.

I appreciate you sharing and can assure you that many other people will identify with what you have written.

Some people feel things very profoundly, while other people have difficulty getting in touch with their feelings. Many people fluctuate between the two.

So, let's go with:

– How do you know you have a problem? (Is it a feeling, thoughts etc.?)

-What does it feel like to be seized up?

Get in touch with that and, by seeing if you can identify specific times these feelings have shown up, you can CT the feelings.

You can also CT the feelings as you are experiencing them. You can then point those feelings towards specific memories. Doing so will provide some relief.

Also, see if the following beliefs resonate with you:

“Life was difficult”
        “I was flawed”
        “Everything was too much”
        “I couldn't handle living like this”
        “I had to avoid my painful feelings”
        “I was not OK”
        “It was not acceptable to be like me”
        “Change was impossible”
        “Nothing worked for me”
        “I was separate”
        “I was alone”
        “Nobody understood me”
        “There was something wrong with me”

If so, please run these through the Belief Blasters.

I think this would be a good place to start, so please let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Carmen Olmedo
        PSTEC User

Ammy, I would advice to you to try having an hipnosis session before you try to eliminate them using PSTEC blindly. Hipnosis is absolutely wonderful to find the “why”. Why you feel the way you feel, why, when and where did those disorders showed up in your life and what´s their purpose and intention for you. I think that is the place to start. I never do a PSTEC session without doing hipnosis first. Usually what you think is the problem is really the solution you created to something so you better understand why it is there.

Leo Molina
          PSTEC User

As most of us experienced persons (i.e. of a certain age) have realized, life is a complicated business. As we accumulate experiences it becomes harder to remember “a beginning”. It is like the knitting wool that the cat unraveled.

What to do? Having spent a great part of my life teaching IT (that’s a tangle) I found that some applications are useful, especially the visual ones like Mind Mapping. These apps allow you to start anywhere and as you see the “panorama of your life evolve”, and the more you use PSTEC click tracts it my help you decide what needs attention now. First rule of “survival”: First you stop whatever is causing the most harm right now, otherwise the rest will be academic.

Not to sound militaristic: but a WW2 general, upon finding themselves in the wrong location said: We start this war from right here!

A link of mind mapping apps:https://zapier.com/blog/best-mind-mapping-software/

So, start! All the best wishes and be safe.

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

i feel completely seized up (again that is a pattern for me)

I would clicktrack that feeling until its gone. It make take many click tracks plays but click it until it’s gone.

i would also recommend you blast the belief “I couldn’t function” or “I was unable to function” maybe even “It was impossible to function” if any of those resonate with you. When you are blasting it try and feel that feeling as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.