Perfectionism, Hoarding, Procrastination

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Procrastination Perfectionism, Hoarding, Procrastination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dana Jackson
    PSTEC User

How can I get myself to get rid of clutter and maintain routine cooking and cleaning?  I CT my anxiety, but it's still a struggle to get started.  The Accelerator brought up some childhood memories where my morning routine was filled with being rushed and threatened.  I believe I have a narcissist parent and a supervisor that constantly try to attack my self esteem.  Growing up I always felt controlled, like I didn't have any say in anything, my thoughts and feelings were always invalidated and constantly criticized.  I felt like a slave when it came to cooking and cleaning.  Now I cannot get myself to do it in my own home or it's a constant struggle and source of anxiety.  The odd thing is I like doing it, but I feel unmotivated to do it.  How do I fix this problem?  This is a financial strain for me.

Elizabeth Hogon
      PSTEC User

Hi Nemo
        It sounds as though you are getting somewhere but there are still layers that remain a problem.
        Have you done the CT on specific experiences where you were feeling like you didn't have a say? And on being criticized? And feeling like a slave? Go to a few of these specific experiences and clear all the emotions. The rest of any similar experiences should hopefully drop away as they will be linked.
        If you have cleared out all the negative emotions you may consider using the positive tracks to install the behaviours that you do want.
        Please let us know how you get on  :)
        Cheers
        Liz

oz
        PSTEC User

How can I get myself to get rid of clutter and maintain routine cooking and cleaning?  I CT my anxiety, but it's still a struggle to get started.  The Accelerator brought up some childhood memories where my morning routine was filled with being rushed and threatened.  I believe I have a narcissist parent and a supervisor that constantly try to attack my self esteem.  Growing up I always felt controlled, like I didn't have any say in anything, my thoughts and feelings were always invalidated and constantly criticized.  I felt like a slave when it came to cooking and cleaning.  Now I cannot get myself to do it in my own home or it's a constant struggle and source of anxiety.  The odd thing is I like doing it, but I feel unmotivated to do it.  How do I fix this problem?  This is a financial strain for me.

The best time to deal with procrastination is right before you do something. Sit by where you run the click tracks. Say you have to wash the dishes, think of going to the kitchen to wash the dishes, have genuine intent to do this. If you have no negative emotion you can go and wash the dishes. If you have any hesitation, doubt or any negative feeling run the click track on that feeling there and then. At the end of the click track have intent to wash the dishes, anything negative run the click track again. Usually 4 run throughs clears a negative emotion. You can repeat this with all your chores and anything else you have to do. You can do this with everything you do. Within a few days or so you should see good results.

If you have the PStec Positive tracks you can use them to instill positive beliefs. Run the tracks and use suggestions like “I take pride in cooking”, “I take pride in cleaning”, “I take pride in myself”, “I feel enthusiastic about cleaning”, “I look forward to cooking and cleaning”, “I feel motivated to cook and clean” etc

The click tracks neutralise any negative emotion linked to memories and thoughts, 1 by 1. Usually each emotion linked to a memory takes around 4-5 run throughs to fully clear. So here's a list from what you wrote that you can clear:
          1) My morning routine as a child I felt rushed
          2) My morning routine as a child I felt threatened.
          3) Negative feeling about my narcissist parent
          4) Negative feeling about my supervisor constantly attacking my self esteem.
          5) Low self esteem, when you think of yourself you feel what? Guilt, shame, doubt? Each of these can be clicked.
          6) Growing up I always felt controlled
          7) I felt like I didn't have any say in anything
          8.) Negative feeling about my thoughts and feelings always being invalidated and constantly criticized.
          9) I felt like a slave when it came to cooking and cleaning.
          10) I feel strain about my finances

You don't need to be confused about why you feel negative, there's lots there for you to work on. So don't worry about the results. Work through everything bit by bit and you will see strong results within a few weeks or maybe a couple of months.

Dana Jackson
          PSTEC User

Thank you for the suggestions.  I have worked on many of these areas and am starting to see some progress.  Sometimes it takes a couple of days to really see the difference, but I can tell other people are noticing that I've changed.  I am looking forward to using the CT with the step-by-step approach.  I actually started having thoughts of redecorating.  :-)

One area I'm still working thru is feeling like I don't have any say.  My supervisor does this thing where he jerks me around.  He'll ask me to do something or give me a project, then cancels it after I've done all the work or overrides my decisions and plans to the more difficult or inefficient option.  I find this frustrating and I feel like I can't accomplish anything.  I'm under constant pressure.  Then I fear I will get penalized when things don't get done in a timely manner, which he has done.  Even though I know it is a cat and mouse game he plays, it really makes me feel so defeated and disrespected.  Since he is in a position of authority, I don't feel I can do anything about it. The more I talk about it with him, the worse his behavior gets.  Using the CT and Accelerator on the areas above has helped significantly in dealing with him.  He actually did not bother me for several days as my confidence had increased.  Today I had another incident where I felt deflated.  I'm in a battle over self esteem.  What are some positive ways to look at this situation?

oz
            PSTEC User

Well you could compare yourself to starving kids in Africa, or even people closer to home who don't have a job but badly want one. Also remember that the worst is over, now that you have the PStec tools it is going to become easier. You've already made some progress, you've had a knock back but you know can fight that, you know PStec is making you stronger. You're confidence will continue to increase and success is inevitable.

You can use a variety of tools. The free wealth of abundance audio will help you appreciate the things you do have. You can use PStec Positive to instill positive beliefs. PStec Positive Xtra Power is the best tool to do this. The other one I'd recommend is stress in the moment. That will help you eliminate the stress very quickly and gives you coping tools to deal with your boss. If you have the money, the best way to spend it would be to go to the PStec register and find a therapist to work with since they'll have the experience and training to help you identify the core issues more quickly and so speed up your progress.

And just so you know, my record is over 20 click track run throughs in one day. More clicking the quickest way to make progress(obviously).

Dana Jackson
              PSTEC User

I am working on formulating better positive suggestions for PSTPos.  I find some words or phrases seem to resonate more effectively than others.  Some affirmations look good on paper, but have a neutral feel.  Then the seemingly simplest and most unlikely suggestions can trigger a wave of mental and physical reactions.  “I have great respect for myself”  This was a powerful one I came across.  I noticed there is still some lingering anxiety with it, even after a couple of CT's.  I will try using CT on dealing with conflict.  “I am resistant to negative influences.”  I would like to formulate something like this to protect my subsconscious from emotional abuse from outside sources.

Barbara Huss
                PSTEC User

Hi Nemo,

The Stress Be Gone webinar that Jeff and Tim did has really helped me with formulating positive suggestions.  Plus of course, dealing with stress.  If you haven't yet listened to it, I recommend it highly. The content of the three-part series is free (thanks Jeff and Tim!) so you can listen at any time, or download: http://pstecaudiosource.org/stress-be-gone

oz
                  PSTEC User

I'm mentally strong.
                    I'm a resilient person.
                    I'm independent.
                    I'm the kind of person that stands up for him/herself
                    I'm happy to learn from difficulty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.