Perfectionism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    PSTEC User

I feel like getting a feeling to 0 and then doing negative on it,  then doing positives or a variety of positives is too overwelming.  I need an hour or two to get started.  One of my big problems is perfectionism, and it is a problem on working on itself. 

Tonight I did negative on:
      ” I have to be perfect.”

Then I did positive on, “It's okay to mess up.”

Please tell me your thoughts on working with perfectionism.

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Pretty good JJ … you're moving along in the right direction … here are a couple other suggestions to help you along…

Choose a regular activity that you find difficult to do… something you are not at ease with.  You can then use that as a barometer to test as you move along and focus on it to expose the issues.  When we do that, then the core is exposed and can then have an affect on other issues as well that are perpetuated by our mind model… our core beliefs, emotions and behaviors.

This will make it easier to address the various aspects of the mind model.  Addressing an absolute shift of perfectionism in all areas can be difficult and overwhelming at first… so target something specific.

For making PSTEC easier for you, you can “prime your mind” with some PSTEC Positive (PP) Statements prior to doing other PSTEC work… like so…

“When I listen to the PSTEC tracks I follow the instructions because they are important”

“When doing my PSTEC work I feel at ease because it's important”

“I want to gently release my emotions to enjoy my life and to do so completely”

Under negative beliefs, perhaps there are other core beliefs as well.
        Ask yourself why you must be perfect?
        See if there are other beliefs that occur and, if so, use PSTEC Negative on those as well.

On your PSTEC Positive, I would use something a bit different there because that statement, “It's okay to mess up” I would say is not a positive and it probably not what you want in reality, is it?

So, move in this direction… develop a part of your mind model that loves change, loves challenges, loves experimenting, discovering and using results based upon experimentation to realize success.

What can you come up with in terms of a sentence or sentences that expresses what you desire?

Aloha!
        Jeff

Jen
        PSTEC User

Thanks Jeff,
          Would “Perhaps mistakes can make me better.” be an good one?
          Thanks,
          JJ

Jeff Harding

Again, is making mistakes something you WANT to do…something you desire?  If not, don't express it as something you want to manifest.  The way you stated it, in simple terms, appears that you are motivated to make mistakes.

Rather, what you could do along those lines is this… express how you wish to respond when you make mistakes… for example:

“When I make a mistake I am at peace because I learn something new”

… or you could go more absolute…

“There are no mistakes only results I learn from”

You see?

aloha!
            Jeff

SargeMaximus
            PSTEC User

Hey this is a good topic.

What do you do when you don't want to do what is required to get a result you desire?

Like working for money is a great one, or even talking to women to set up a date. I despise both and see them as true evils.

Jeff Harding

Take a look at the negative beliefs that are in the way and also the feelings/emotions around those.  CT the unpleasant emotions and then use PSTEC Negative on the negative emotions.

Let's take “I despise working for money”

Imagine working for money… nothing in particular, but just working and earning money… how does that feel?  CT that.  If memories come up around that, CT those as well.  You, most likely, had bad experiences that shaped this hatred of working for money… so, be aware and CT those emotional memories or use the imagined event that I mentioned above.

Now, that belief, “I despise working for money” is a negative belief BECAUSE it limits you… you see?

It might be a moral statement that says “money is evil” or “capitalism is evil”, etc. ,etc.

Now, of course, it's up to you whether you maintain any of those types of beliefs… there's that free choice thing … but, remember, beliefs like that are definitions we take from others either at face value or spin them a bit.  But, they do fly in the face of the fact that ALL events are neutral until we apply meaning to them; many times with emotion.

So, consider erasing that negative belief with PSTEC Negative and then using PSTEC Positive to begin expressing to your subconscious what you desire… maybe how to make money… how to allow abundance and flow into your life, etc.

If you are stuck, consider a practitioner to help you sort these types of blocks out to target them more effectively and/or also consider Think and Grow Rich with PSTEC which is very affordable and guides you step-by-step to overcoming the barriers like procrastination, limiting beliefs, emotional blocks, etc.

Aloha!
                Jeff

SargeMaximus
                PSTEC User

Hmm, yes I am considering a practitioner these days. Where can I find a list of them and how much do they usually cost?

Thanks!

Jeff Harding

The PSTEC Register…
                    http://www.pstecregister.org/

Also, don't let geography get in the way as many practitioners can work with clients over the phone and Skype.

Aloha!
                    Jeff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.