Phrasing help on fear of risk belief

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Phrasing help on fear of risk belief

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    davidh
    PSTEC User

As an entrepreneur risks are part of the game inherently. Of course I take plenty of risks every day, month and year, and want to make it even easier to do so without so much thinking or worrying of how things might turn out, even though eventually I'll take the right risk anyways. I want to remove the resistance to it.

So the belief that feels right to Blast away is:

“I'm afraid to take risks”

As I understand it, the belief should be rewritten as:

“I've been afraid to have taken risks”

So that ALL of it is in the past, particularly the last part.

Is that right?

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

You are right. You can also, of course, use “I was afraid to take risks.”

I would recommend being clear on what those risks are. What might seem like a risk for one person is an emotionally neutral or positive part of everyday life.

So, you can use the Click Tracks while imagining taking the risks and this will help neutralise any unwanted emotions associated with taking risks – fear etc.

You can go deeper with this, if you deem it necessary.

You see, as you have presented it, being afraid to take risks is more of a consequence than a cause. Other beliefs and conditionings may contribute to the fear and I suspect they do.

To illustrate: if someone got physically attacked and experienced trauma as a result, “I am afraid to leave the house” (for example) is the consequence and not the cause of what happened to them. A belief like “It is dangerous to leave the house”, or “People are out to hurt me” would be causal.

What might the risk be? What would you have to believe about those situations or yourself to believe certain actions are a risk?

What is your worst case scenario when considering taking certain actions in your business?

Things can spring to the surface.

I recommend that you:

Sit with those and work through them. Words, feelings and beliefs…work through them.

Be clear and honest with yourself.

Thanks again for posting and please us know how you get on with it.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

The other way to look at this…it might be a belief as an example “I can't take a risk because I would lose everything”

As per the instructions, this example would be a complex belief.

Beliefs to blast:

I couldn't have taken a risk
          I would have lost everything

I would also think about this statement and CT every amount of non-jeep energy around it until it's gone and start first with any feelings of frustration.

davidh
          PSTEC User

Thanks Paul! Thought I do have a question as I orignally posted with the language, as this is more about getting the phrasing right, not how to elicit which experiences/beliefs. You had said here:

“I was afraid to take risks.”

Which as far as I understand it  – would be incorrect according to Tim because “take” is in the present. It's mixed tense with was/taken. So it should be 'have taken'. As I understand it, because the subconscious mind takes things literally as Tim has said, this could cause confusion for it and not elicit the change.

Isn't that right?

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that I misinterpreted your original post.

The key thing is to identify the belief and then modify it so it is past tense.  You seem to have this well-drilled.

“I was afraid to take risks” is in the past, as is “I had been afraid to take risks.”

That is a sentence I would recognise as being in the past and is quite succinct in its structure, but the colloquial aspects of language and the meaning we give to certain words, syntax etc. means that it tends to be prudent following what is most meaningful for you.

Keeping all aspects of a belief sentence in the same tense would be along the lines of “She thinks I'm stupid” to “She thought I'm stupid” (mixed tense) when it needs to be along the lines of “She thought I was stupid.”

As Brian has pointed out in other threads, it is a very forgiving process.

If “I've been afraid to have taken risks” works better for you, then definitely use that. I recommend using what resonates best with you, as long as it is in accordance with the instructions.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

The beauty of bb and all of the pstec tools. Give it a try and see what happens. You really can't make a mistake or fail, just try something else! Often time I find trying something leads to another answer that resolves the issue.

Let us know of your results.

davidh
                PSTEC User

Thanks Paul and Brian –  well said and understood!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.