Physical alternative to tapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alfred Alonso
    PSTEC User

Hello,

So far I've been testing the basic CT and have had amazing results.

However, due to my work and clicking on a mouse all day long, it seems the tapping with my fingers aggravates soreness in my hand/arm.

Does tapping with my feet for example, of visualizing tapping mentally do the same function of the tapping?

I realize this PSTEC is not a meridian style tapping therapy so there has to be an alternative to the “standard” tapping. I can't be the only one with this issue. (tried searching on the forum but nothing quite on topic.

Thanks,

Alfred

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi TangoBravo

You are correct it does not have to be tapping with fingers.

Tapping with feet/toes is OK, Tapping with hands loosely cleched into fists OK, No contact tapping thin air OK. Needs both sides moving in synch to the Clicks left/right, so mentally visualizing probably not so effective.

See what works best for you. This is probably the one that requires most focus to stay in synch.

Peter

Alfred Alonso
        PSTEC User

Thanks Peter, I guess I'm going to be a tap dancer (that dances only one song :)

I'm too much of a rookie to know if it does any good, but I'll try visualizing flashing lights and see if it has the same effects…

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

I have tapped with my feet extensively and even my toes in my shoes on a plane so no one could see what I was doing. It was like I was taking a nap. It's a great idea to alternate between hands and feet on runs of the tracks. Works great.

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

TangoBravo

While experimenting is good, do not go for the easiest option. It needs you to work hard to focus for the track to do its job. The Words and Clicks are very accurately timed on the recording taking into account your reaction speed, this is why visualizing may not work as well, as it shortcuts this. If you are going to, then I suggest visualizing tapping as normal but not actually moving. Your nerves in your arms/wrists/fingers will still “fire” and so might give you a better result. Please let us know how you get on with your experimenting.

Peter

Alfred Alonso
              PSTEC User

Ah, I see, (pardon the pun) visualize the tap. In any case, it's keeping the conscious/critical mind occupied (that's just my guess)

Thanks guys,

Alfred

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.