Physically Recreating Negative Emotions/Feelings – Click Tracks

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Rating Intensity of Feelings, SUDS, Trouble Feeling Emotions Physically Recreating Negative Emotions/Feelings – Click Tracks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

With regard to a statement in the instructions and here on forum:

“The CTs work best if you can focus on the unwanted feeling while the track is running and you are tapping etc.”

My astounding results have been accomplished by physically recreating the negative emotion/feeling within me that happened/happens/will happen in my nervous system.

I typically do this when the perceived negative event has just taken place. I either work on that while the feeling is still recent/fresh within me and/or I am able to easily physically recreate it during my session.

The questions I have:

What if you have a negative feeling but do not have an easy time either physically recreating it, because it is too complex to recreate

and/or

you really can't recreate it at all?

What is the simple answer to this?

The reason I ask this is because the instructions say to “focus on the unwanted feeling” and here in the forum the same words are used but it is my understanding that what is really expected is to recreate the physical negative emotion/feeling as hard as you can and hold it while taping.

Example: It seems as if the more PSTEC clearing I do, the less powerful/less duration the negative emotions are for a given event. Say I get an anger or nervousness spell over an event. Well nowadays that may only last a minute or two, When I come home later and want to run a session against it, I am not easily able to recreate that anger because I really have my emotions under control in general. But I still want to CT it.

Example: A user has a panic attack and he wants to clear that. Well that negative feeling only happens during the panic attack and then goes away. It's something you can really recreate easily.

Looking for some clarification and direction in this post of which I think will really help people when it comes to most effectively clearing the negative emotions/feelings.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi plus1

Rather than just trying to recreate the emotion/feeling try to just re-live the strongest memory, re-live the incident/event that has the emotion/feeling atttached.

Creating an imagined future event that if real would create the same emotions and CT that scene. Building on that creating a “worst case scenario” is a way of ramping up the emotional intensity.

The reason I ask this is because the instructions say to “focus on the unwanted feeling” and here in the forum the same words are used but it is my understanding that what is really expected is to recreate the physical negative emotion/feeling as hard as you can and hold it while taping.

Your understanding sounds good to me!

The complex emotions and feelings are hopefully taken care of by using your imagination with memories or scenes. If however you cannot recreate any feeling from these then I would start asking, why that should be so?

Low self esteem/confidence and its many different aspects might be the result of accumulated minor events that one-at-a-time would not have much effect, but the effects can be “built on” and grow with repetition. In this case the feelings can be vague and without any strong individual memories. Here I would suggest using Click Tracks 2015 “wrapping” a number of memories together in order to give the CT something to work on.

PSTEC Accelerators have a way of helping you recall incidents you may have forgotton about or unable to recall for some reason.

In the case of Panic Attacks the default answer is to CT minor associated memories first in order to eventually get to the real cause, which if recalled produces enough panic to make CT impossible. (The nibbling away around the edges approach) The obvious “real cause” may not be the problem but something else associated with it.

I'm not sure I have answered your question fully plus1 but hopefully you can take away something from this. There are of course the other PSTEC packages to bring in and support/strengthen the Click Tracks but your questions was about CTs
        Keep on asking?

Peter

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

This is good. I will say that I have not yet tried to use Accelerators or PSTEC Positive tracks for recall, but I am about to go much deeper in my journey and look forward to doing so. Thank you.

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Keep in mind, you DON'T have to feel the feeling.

Some people mistakenly claim they can't use PSTEC because they can't feel the feeling but notice that Tim never says you have to feel the feeling (take his instructions very literally). 

You may feel the feeling, but it's not essential.

Tim says focus on the feeling and TRY HARD to feel the feeling (vs. feeling the feeling) and there is a big difference between the two acts.  The harder you try and the most consistently during the track you focus… or TRY HARD to focus  :)  … the more effective your PSTEC work will be.

Aloha!
            Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.