Picking my nose

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bodycodehealer
    PSTEC User

Hi,

Whenever I have a tiny frustration in life I tend to pick my nose.

Honestly, I am fed up & just want this behavior to stop.

What do I do?

Thanks

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi bodycodehealer

The behavioral habit is associated with an emotion. Trying to break the habit or stop it is a negative thing, like trying to give up smoking. Your subconscious which creates habits does not like or understand negatives. In order to get round this you have to modify the existing habit or attach a new follow-on habit. You could for example learn to “rub” your nose instead, a similar movement but more sociably acceptable. Or when you find yourself engaged in the undesirable habit learn to give yourself the “Stop” command. This attaches a new habit to the previous one.  When you find yourself stopping automatically then you can more easily get the “stop” in earlier until you find you can choose not to do it.

Try imagining doing the habit and all the worst things that could happen while you are, other people staring or laughing at you say and run a Click Track continuing to imagine that.

Follow with a Positive along the lines of “Now I am a non nose picker” which is a sort of positive out of a negative. Imagine yourself having stopped the habit and feeling better about yourself while running it.

Let us know how you get on.
        Peter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.