Please Help Identifying SA Emotions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rakeno
    PSTEC User

Hi,

I have PSTEC for a few weeks now (Positive, Negative, Level 1, Accelerators, etc…) and I've been using it for some minor issues successfully.

Now I want to go for my major issue, that is social anxiety/shyness and need some help and guidance from the more experienced PSTEC users.

I've suffered from social anxiety during all my life (I only have memories of playing with other kinds confidently before going to school). My family has considered me always a quiet kid that didn't like to talk.

The fact is that I was scared to talk, to get rejected and that people would make fun of me and that I would not know how to defend myself.

So I've been acting quiet during all my life and avoiding social interactions with practically everyone. I hardly even talked to my own family.

This has been improving over time, now I'm 40, but I still have a hard time talking to people I don't trust and it's impossible for me to talk to strangers.

So I plan to use PSTEC for this issues but the probem is that I'm having a hard time identifying my emotions.

The problem is that I've developed a behavior of avoiding people and social interactions, so when I'm at a social meeting with people I just listen them but I don't speak.

When I try to click track these events, I don't know which emotions to recall, since I don't feel anxiety or anything. I just avoid talking, is a learned behaviour to protect me from people.

So I'm considering… it could be embarrasment an emotion to work with? Is the only feeling I think I feel in those situations.

Thank you.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Rakeno

Yes you could just go for the embarrassment Think perhaps of some recent most memorable occurrences and keep those in mind while Click Tracking. However you do appear to remember emotions from when you were younger, you mention fear of speaking and fear of rejection. With these fears in mind and if you can some of the earliest incidents that you can recall, then this is another Click Track target. Try the eefs from level 1.
        You know now that PSTEC works so it will also work to clear your main SA issues. Look forward to a new exciting period in your life. The more you are confident that PSTEC works, the better it will work.
        Let us know how you get on and then we can help you use the other tools to gain the confidence to build new relationships with positive social interactions.
        Peter
        PS Do you have problems with making eye contact with new people, Do you look at them while listening?

rakeno
        PSTEC User

Many thanks Peter.

Well, when I'm listening to people in general I always maintain eye contact, sometimes I think i may even be too agressive with eye contact since I find hard to look elsewhere, but this is only when someone is already talking to me. If I'm on a social meeting I try to avoid eye contact so they don't speak to me.

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

rakeno

Thanks for that! I have more suggestions but for now work with the Click Tracks or eefs as suggested and keep us updated on your progress or ask more questions.
            Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.