Procrastination and cloudy mind

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Procrastination Procrastination and cloudy mind

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    elftower
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

Loving PSTEC and I was wondering how to apply it to this issue of mine…

I have been struggling with brain fog and inability to reason. I get mind blanks under pressure and I am suffering with intense procrastination when it comes to my work. At the moment I am a teacher and I find every reason to put off lesson planning; and when I do sit down to do it, I overthink and get freaked out about how I can't seem to follow or understand instructions online and I can't get a clear image of how it all works out.

This seemed to start when I got freaked out as a teenager cos I couldn't figure out the endings of films and I reasoned that that must make me stupid. This caused me anxiety. I wasn't like this as a youngster and I was wondering if there are any best practices for this issue with PSTEC.

Thank you all in advance 

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Keep in the mind two main subjects…

Emotions and Beliefs.

Emotions…

* “mind blanks under pressure” … imagine this happening; how do you feel?  Rate it and CT it.  You imagine it happening and try hard to feel the unpleasant emotion.
        * “procrastination when it comes to my work” … imagine doing your work; how does that feel?  Rate it and CT it.
        * lesson planning; I overthink and get freaked out about how I can't seem to follow or understand instructions online and I can't get a clear image of how it all works out.”
        Again, imagine it, rate it; then CT it.

Now, as you do these imagine events, memories may come up.  If they do and they have negative feelings associated with them, CT each one.

* “seemed to start when I got freaked out as a teenager cos I couldn't figure out the endings of films caused me anxiety.”
        This is a good memory to CT until it's 0-1 and, again, if other memories come up, CT them too.

Beliefs
        Here's a negative beliefs from your writing…

I am stupid
        Take that and add Tim's preface and erase it with PSTEC Negative

Then, use PSTEC Positive to suggest new beliefs about your abilities.

Aloha!
        Jeff

elftower
        PSTEC User

Thanks Jeff that's awesome! I started work yesterday on it.

Any advice on when it's right to stop EEF/CT ing beliefs and move onto PN?
          I have EEFed other beliefs such as 'I'm not good enough' many many times and while I don't feel triggered much, if I keep repeating it I can still get a feeling being released; it sort of feels like pulling some cord directly from my veins. Is this an indication I need to clear more or is PSN quite alright to use when there's still a little emotion left?

I did use PSN before this point and I found myself not rejecting the belief very conclusively. I tend to overthink and commit perfectionism too though.

Any thoughts would be great just so I can continue  my work without losing steam,

Best,

Jeff Harding

Whoa there pardner!  Mosey on back to the corral for more training, bucko!
            Ok, sorry about that … possessed momentarily by a cowpoke… or a paniolo.  :)

RED ALERT!!!  IMPORTANT!
            The Click Tracks and EEF's are for emotions ONLY… not beliefs.

So, the answer to this…
            “when it's right to stop EEF/CT ing beliefs and move onto PN?”
            … is to stop now … and never start again.  ;)

It also sounds like you are using a phrase when doing the CT/EEF… again, another RED ALERT… do not use setup phrases or repeat sentences during the CT/EEF.

There are only 3 things to do during the CT/EEF …
            1. the tapping to the clicks and tones,
            2. focusing on a memory/imagined event, and
            3. TRY HARD to feel the feeling…
            … that's it!

“I'm not good enough” is a belief and you can erase it with PSTEC Negative and/or counter it with a new, positive statement or belief using PSTEC Positive.

Be sure to review Tim's instructions on all packages more than once and take his instructions VERY, very literally.  Such as, emotions with the CT/EEF; there's no need to feel the feeling as he never tells you to feel the feeling during the tracks.  He says, “TRY HARD to feel feeling”… big difference.

Make sense?

It's ok, just regroup and move forward with that correction.

Aloha!
            Jeff

elftower
            PSTEC User

Hah righto thank you. But if a belief has emotion that's triggered when you say it, then you can EEF/CT those emotions, right? Is there a difference between emotion from memories and just bad emotions you feel when saying something negative? Should I just use PN no matter how the belief feels? I remember the tutorials saying to get the emotions down to 1 or 0. It seemed to make sense that the belief was causing emotions and that was what was being let go of when I was repeating the belief.

Jeff Harding

In your mind, keep emotions and beliefs segmented so you can address them separately… and discovering the difference …  will make your PSTEC work much, much more effective.

Yes, CT/EEF emotions regarding the issue… be sure to use a memory/imagined event with it … then follow up with PSTEC Negative.  This process “clears the way” for the use of PSTEC Negative because when the emotions are high, it decreases the likelihood of shifting beliefs in any way.

Again, become very, VERY familiar with Tim's instructions… become an expert (and it's probably the most worthwhile endeavor you can do because it clears the way for anything else in your Life Experience) … and you will not only become imperturbable, but you will have the tools AND the ability to transcend just about anything you encounter in your life.

Malama Pono!
                Jeff

elftower
                PSTEC User

Okay many thanks :) I'll get to work on it.

elftower
                  PSTEC User

So, I ran through the EEFs 3x and released the emotional charge associated with 'I'm unattractive', on the associated memory like you said, Jeff. After 3 run throughs I couldn't feel much emotion and what was there wasn't associated to the memory anymore. Only CT/ EEF emotions on a memory or imagined event right? So I stopped with the CTs.

I went ahead and ran PSN and the emotion was being activated during the beginning minutes. At the end of it I do feel like I believe the belief WAY less but the emotion shifted to a different area in my body and this now gets activated when I say the belief. I now feel like I half believe it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff Harding

“emotion shifted to a different area in my body”
                      That can mean a different emotion… CT it again while TRYING HARD to feel that different emotion and then run the PN on that negative belief again.

Then, follow up with PSTEC Positive in the direction you desire.

Aloha!
                      Jeff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.