Programming Happiness?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidh
    PSTEC User

So the “experts” say that happiness is 50% genetic, 10% circumstances, 40% internal state of mind.

http://www.forastateofhappiness.com/tag/50-10-40-formula/

I think that's a great place to start, but of course this doesn't address it from an angle of epigenetics either, of our genetics being influenced by other factors and genes are not just on/off and set that way.

Most spiritual traditions that are worth anything will talk about how ultimate happiness is more or less in the moment (very paraphrased). I've definitely had experiences like this, but of course I like achieving things too.

Overall I pretty much concur that happiness is an internal state of mind/being.

So my question is with something like PSTEC can we program in happiness aka well-being aka general contentment (not in opposition to achievement either) by just programming in said beliefs about being happy?

It occurs to me there isn't any reason we shouldn't be able to.

I will say that the more I've learned to be present and let things go, the more I'm consistently in well-being (which I think is a better term than happiness anyways.)

Thoughts or experiences around this?

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Imagine being/feeling extremely unhappy and that you will never be happy again. Clicktrack into oblivion.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi David

IMO happiness is a choice, you can choose to be happy or not. Happiness does not depend on any thing like these “I'll be happy when I win a million” “I'll be happy when I get my new car/house/whatever”. If you do not see this it is possibly confusion of what is meant by happiness. Jeff has an acronym JEEP Joy, Excitement, Enthusiasm and Peace. If you have all of that then I think you would say you were happy. PSTEC was designed as a set of self-user tools to help bring this state about from any starting point. I see it as a state of high self-worth/esteem/confidence which if you had would be very similar to JEEP. The problem is that happiness is not one emotion but several and the balance of these is different for everyone and changes in different circumstances. In PSTEC we strongly suggest removing all the negative emotions first that block or stop you from being happy. Then working with positive techniques to help you build the life you want to live. Just programming in beliefs about being happy is going to be much slower to have an effect while the baggage from your past gets in the way. This is why we nearly always suggest using the Click Tracks first.

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.