PSTEC Accelerators and Procrastination

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Accelerators PSTEC Accelerators and Procrastination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hello Jeff and fellow PSTECers

What could I expect to happen whilst listening to the Accelerator tracks? Any and all insights are welcome as I don't have these yet and am intrigued to find out in real terms what the tracks do and how it is experienced. Do memories/issues surface whilst the track is playing or do they pop up randomly afterward?

Oh and on another note or two..can I use the Positive click tracks to instill a bit of discipline and dedication for the daily use of PSTEC or do I need to clear the resistance and procrastination first?  And how would I go about  zapping these two energy vampires?

There is a great discussion here http://pstecforum.com/pf/procrastination/procrastination/ – but  I need to clear the resistance to actually using PSTEC itself, that's why I thought the Positive tracks could help. Just feel stuck and yet I have a very good feeling about PSTEC but desperately need a helpful push to gain some momentum.

Thanks

Anita

Hi Anita,

The accelerators are considered “boosters”. There are specific suggestions to the subconscious that Tim has woven into the dialogue to make the clicks work faster and more powerfully. e.g. “the more you use the click tracks/the more you hear my voice, the faster they work”, or something to that effect, etc. He uses NLP and other techniques, to make the subconscious more open to these suggestions.

Two of the Accelerators are relaxation tracks… you just kick back and listen to them whilst falling asleep or whenever you have 20 mins to relax. :) You don't have to consciously listen to them, though I don't know if they will work while you are in deep sleep. Some days you might want to rest from the clicks if you've been dealing with intense issues. That's where the relaxation accelerators are good to use if you still want to be “working” on your stuff without having to click.

Then there are the Accelerator click tracks, just like the other clicks only with booster suggestions throughout. They work as Positive clicks as well.

Once you are committed to clearing issues, I think memories and issues can surface at any time or place, whether listening to the tracks or having a shower. :) I find I drift off during the relaxation accelerators, but that's just me. Other people might find the relaxation accelerators trigger issues whilst listening to them. Would be interesting to hear from others.

Don't get too caught up in the idea that you are resistant to using them. Convincing or reinforcing this belief to your subconscious creates a kind of feedback loop that will make you thoroughly resistant. So before you get to that point, it's a good starting point for using the tracks. Click through the feeling of resistance, however it presents, eg boredom, a feeling that you should be doing something else/something more important (unless at the time there really is something else more important you are meant to be doing :), etc.

You might find after clearing the resistance it's not necessary to positive click. But giving the sub some extra incentive with a positive statement is always good. :)

Boe

Thanks Boe

This has really helped me.  I know what you mean about getting to that 'thoroughly resistant' point, and no I'm not there yet because unlike other modalities I do feel excited about using PSTEC.  The thing is, apart from maybe 2 or 3 times a week ,the other days just seems to go by so quickly and before I know it, it's 11pm and I'm feeling too sleepy to do anything, let alone PSTEC.

Also I think for me at least, so far I'm not getting the big ''Wow, this is amazing, the feeling of

is completely gone!!! – so I'm not clicking as much as I should.

I will do some clicking on resistance today (hopefully!), as you suggested – I think you really hit the nail on the head there.  I need to rid myself of the resistance of using PSTEC and the resistance of it perhaps not working for me and whatever other elements of resistance I can think of/come up.  If I don't, it'll stay there like a wall stopping me from working through my other issues.

One of my other things, is 'I have to do this PSTEC thing perfectly' and this also stops me using it most days as I still don't really know what I'm doing and like someone else on this forum has said, they have so many issues they don't know where to start.  But the key is to just start where you are in the moment.  And I'm resisting, so that's where I need to start!

Sometimes you know something yourself but just need someone else to to say/write it too and it becomes so much more clearer.

Oh and thank you for your interesting insights about the Accelerator tracks, very helpful indeed.  So things have come up for YOU whilst going about your everyday business and you've known that these are issues to clear?

Have a great day

Anita

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Anita,

I appreciate Boe contributing here… good job!!!

Let me add a little something to your question about, “…can I use the Positive click tracks to instill a bit of discipline and dedication for the daily use of PSTEC or do I need to clear the resistance and procrastination first?

Here are some suggestions for suggestions to the sub on “cooperating” with the PSTEC process…

Use these three Positive Statements exactly as they are and run them using the PSTEC Positive (PP) before you get started in using the Click Tracks (CT) on an issue… use these EACH TIME you are going to do a CT session… follow the PP instructions with each statement separately…

• “When I listen to the click tracks I follow the instructions because they are important”
        • “I want to feel what happened when _______________ so the click tracks will be able to quickly help me.”
        • “I want to gently release my emotions to enjoy my life and to do so completely”
        • [/list]If you are short on time, you can consider just repeating these a few times before doing anything else and you may get some benefits from them.  After you run these with the PP a few times, you may not have to use them any longer.

Of course a genuine intention and desire to do this so as to be happy is important.

These are very carefully worded and so should be used verbatim.

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Hi Jeff

What a brilliant tip and much needed, thank you.

Yesterday I ran through a resistance aspect three times using the EEf click track 1 and was getting very worked up to really feel the emotion but didn't experience the shift I thought I would.

Will keep you posted on how I get on.

Thanks again Jeff

Anita

Jeff Harding

Hi Anita,

You're always welcome.

What are you focusing on specifically when “working on the resistance?”

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
            PSTEC User

Hi Jeff

It's centered around my relationship with my mother..huh?? I hear you say!

Well I recently figured out that a lot of the reasons for the stagnation in many areas of my life can be traced back to her expectations of me and my stubborn resolve me break away from this and be my own person, even at my own detriment.

So I've clicked on ''If I clear all my 'stuff' then you're off the hook, I'll move on with my life and you won't be reminded of how much you funked with my head – you'll think you've done an alright job at parenting me BUT YOU HAVEN'T!''  Phew, it's out there now!

I've also clicked on the following at least once, ''This (PSTEC) isn't working – WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING??''

This the most I've opened up in ages ..I can't even remember the last time I opened up..!

Ani

Jeff Harding

Hi Ani,

Ok, I'm not sure because a discussion in a forum like this can be difficult to pinpoint something very specific… but, with that said, it appears that you are focusing (say with the mom issue here) on a statement of some kind and using the CT… is that true?  … see your statement below…

“I've clicked on ''If I clear all my 'stuff' then you're off the hook, I'll move on with my life and you won't be reminded of how much you funked with my head – you'll think you've done an alright job at parenting me BUT YOU HAVEN'T!''

If that's true, here's one way to approach this because you need to be a bit more specific…  Take for example the statement you made in there, “…how much you funked with my head.”

What is the evidence of that… “funked” in what way?  Give me an example… the most intense memory you have of when she did that.  Take that memory… sloooowwwwwwwwwww it down… how does it feel 0-10?  Take that memory and the emotion/feelings and run the CT.

Then, look at the recent post with Greg…
                http://pstecforum.com/pf/social-anxiety/anxious-but-also-confused-about-the-issue/

Watch for related thoughts, memories, imagined events, emotions, feelings, images, etc.

Add them to your List… and continue using the CT on them as you go.

So, you might take the other part of your statement: “…you'll think you've done an alright job at parenting me BUT YOU HAVEN'T!”

Do the same thing… ask this question: “What is the evidence that she wasn't doing a good job of parenting?”  When did it all start?

You see… look for two things to run with the CT:  memories/imagined events AND emotions and feelings.  Those two things… when you have those two paired up, rate the emotion, run the CT and continue until it's down to 0-1.

Make sense?

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
                PSTEC User

Hi Jeff

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing – and you're saying I need to break that statement up and  then focus on specific examples, and hopefully root out the first instance of this, right?

Your reply is concise but feature-packed!  I want to print it out and get to grips to every point you make.  I will also look at Greg's post too.

Feels good to be finally dealing with this stuff, thank you Jeff.

Ani

Jeff Harding

Hi Ani,

You're always welcome…

Yes, precisely.

The sub is also childlike… so, short and concise work* will work best.  The sub cannot take complex or complicated concepts and “figure” things out.  You must mentor the sub… train the sub… so, like you would with a child, be specific, be simple, be kind, be patient.  Because if you are not approaching this work* in that way, then think about how stubborn a child can be… how powerful a child can truly be… right?

Aloha!

Jeff

* maybe “play” would be a better word because ask yourself, “Do children like work or play?”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.