PSTEC for anxiety due to death losses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    freeeach
    PSTEC User

Hi All, this is newcomer (few weeks) Jack in New Zealand. I tried to upload my essay on my history of losses as deaths of most valued others, but too big it seems for here. I use the Jaak Panksepp 7 emotional brains models to explore and explain my long term panic/loss challenge which his 40+ year work explains. If interested email me (themesofjack@gmail.com).

I am asking for suggestions and general help for using PSTEC for gaining the calm I usually can only find through intimate relationships which are now lacking for me and must do it myself.

I have the free, level 1, and accelerator packs and am using all the click tracks and others intensely in past few days, motivated by more than usual daily anxiety and a new, several week only sense of hopelessness, despair, feeling isolated, insecure, and loss of life enjoyment.

I listened to the audio on panic. Although I have had full blown panic attacks I no longer suffer them, rather it is varying levels of anxiety on a daily basis that is my ongoing challenge and which brought me to PSTEC. Following Panksepp’s research it is clear to me that my panic/anxiety comes from the many deaths of loved ones I have undergone in my 72 years. I did not have any anxiety until the dying of my second wife and after the death of my third, who was my Other Half, it has been with me off and on. When I am in a satisfying intimate relationship with a woman I usually have little or no anxiety. But the anxiety comes back to the degree I was happily involved when I lose that relationship whether due to death or separation.

My point in the above is to give the background to my anxiety issue in the hopes you experienced PSTECers might advise me to use the material for help.

Thanks for any comments. Much in need of them!

Cheers, Jack

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

There is a new track “No More Anxiety” all you have to do is listen to it every day. It will also break down your worry/anxiety into smaller chunks and you can use the clicktracks if you choose to focus on a specific feeling.

“No More Anxiety will fill the gap and do what the Free Basic Click Tracks do not do.”

https://pstecaudiosource.org/no-more-anxiety

On both the death and the relationships it sounds like you have some unresolved emotions from that.  You can use the clicktracks to resolve that.

Can you specifically describe the feelings you have around both?

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Jack

As plus1 and IMO the Click Tracks need to be used with any negative emotions you might still have following the death of each partner, all of them. Also any fears you might have about a partnerless future on your own. Removing these with the Clicks Tracks should, if we are on the right lines, make the anxiety issues fade away.

Please keep on asking if you have any more questions and keep us posted on your progress.

Peter

freeeach
          PSTEC User

Thanks for comments, Peter.

Which audio is IMO? Plus 1 means Level 1 package? Translate the lingo for me please.

Cheers, Jack

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Jack

Apologies for use of an acronym IMO = In My Opinion. We are working with very limited information and could well be way out with our suggestions. Also there are no hard and fast rules to follow, no rights or wrongs, only what works. Some experimentaion is usually required.

Peter

freeeach
              PSTEC User

Hi Peter, thanks for the clear up. I realize plus1 is one of the members here, sorry plus1! I appreciate your candor, Peter. I will be likewise frank. I bought the “No More Anxiety” recommended but found it irrelevant and even juvenile. I appreciate this is Tim’s approach to anxiety but it unlike his other products and am asking for a refund. The other packages I have found useful, not this one. Being grounded in science and skeptical about suggestibility and hypnosis in general, I am probably more critical of Tim’s approach than your general membership.

Now, to PSTEC in my practice. I have been using the various click tracks, relaxations and accelerators a great deal and finding some interesting responses in me. I did around 80 minutes of various PSTEC yesterday and found much emotional turmoil arising. So the sum of the “encounter” was that I was dealing with even more anxiety at the end of the session than before. I am ok with this, mainly, as I feel the cumulative losses I carry will need some time and effort to be “neutralized”, so am still hopeful.

Finally, Peter, I invite you to email me: themesofjack@gmail.com, to open a thoughtful-feelingful exchange with me on PSTEC and helping of self and others in general. Looking forward to knowing you.

Cheers, Jack in Auckland, NZ

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Hi Peter, thanks for the clear up. I realize plus1 is one of the members here, sorry plus1! I appreciate your candor, Peter. I will be likewise frank. I bought the “No More Anxiety” recommended but found it irrelevant and even juvenile.
                  Cheers, Jack in Auckland, NZ

I have been listening to this for 70 days and with certainty it reveals and removes social and general anxiety. Per the instructions it is intended to be repeated once a day until you see/experience the results of no more anxiety. It will also reveal specific areas to work on with the clicktracks.

It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Jack

Re “grounded in science” and “sceptical about suggestibility and hypnosis”:

Tim is likewise a man of science, PSTEC uses many psychological techniques, all well researched,example Pavlov and his dogs, amongst many. However when it comes to matters of “mind” it is working with people and therefore “soft science”. Let's talk about placebo, which might be called implied suggestion. Big pharma companies spend billions of $s developing drugs which in trials have to do better than placebo's, why do they use this as a benchmark if placebo was not a well known well researched phenomenon. (Aside – Many years ago my wife and I worked for the Welcome Foundation).

If you feel unwell you might go to a doctor who might prescribe you some medication. Your doctor who is probably a respected authority figure in your eyes, (as someone who studied sciences for years in order to become qualified), might say “take these twice a day for a week and the symptons should reduce, if not make another appointment” implying that you will get better. You tend to believe this, why did you go if not? No doctor will guaruntee results but big pharma has tested this product and so it should work? If they were sugar pills the results would most likely be almost as good as long as you did not know about the ingredients of the pills. This sort of thing has been done many, many times. Science or psychology? You tend to believe what a doctor tells you, belief and suggestion??.

What makes us human? Language gave us the ability to work co-operatively, pass on knowledge and therefore more likely to survive and evolve. Language is the most powerful tool humans possess. If suggestion was not a vital part of the use of language we would not have evolved into “civilised” animals. You have lived long enough to appreciate that people do not like being told what to do or think, unless it is “suggested” that it is somehow beneficial. The whole advertising industry works by showing product benefits that is by suggestion.
                    I could ramble on for hours but hopefully you can see what I am saying. Hypnosis is just a powerful way of using suggestion. One of many ways! Tim is a brilliant hypnotherapist he developed PSTEC so people could benefit without having to go to see a therapist, simpler and faster.

Enough for now!
                    Peter 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.