PSTEC for social anxiety

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hello everyone! I'm Anders and this is my first post on the forum:)

I'm new to PSTEC and have a few questions about if before starting out. I have had severe social anxiety for about three years now. My social anxiety messes up my life really bad. I'm anxious and uncomfortable around everyone. I have become estranged from everyone thats close to me.

I have tried many different types of therapy ( CBT, talk therapy, hypnoanalysis and EFT) to overcome my problem but with dissappointing results. They either did nothing or the effects didn't last. Therefore I have decided to try PSTEC and I'm hopeful that this technique will deliver when others didn't :).

#1 I'm from Norway and english is a secondary language for me. I have no problem understanding english but could this have a negative effect on the therapy?

#2 The EFT coach I had looked on social anxiety like this:
      -The sufferer got a limiting core belief from early childhood such as “I'm not good enough” or “There is something wrong with me”.
      -After that there was a specific traumatic event that triggered the social anxiety.
      -When the social anxiety bloomed out the sufferer experienced many emotional events that made the anxiety worse.
      -On top of that there are conscious and subconscious blocks that prevents the person to change.
      -All the above things need to be cleared and then the social anxiety is gone.

The problems for me with EFT was that I don't “feel my emotions” so it was hard for me to notice changes if they occured and that we couldn't find the events that triggered my social anxiety.

My question is; is it possible to get rid of the social anxiety symptoms with PSTEC without knowing what caused them? And is it necissary to be able to truly “feel” your emotions?

#3 Is it possible to overcome this problem by myself with PSTEC? Social anxiety seems to be a pretty tricky and stubborn issue… There is no PSTEC practioner where I live.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback:)

Kind regards from Norway
      Anders

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC User

Hello Anders. I have no answers to your questions, but I am very interested in them because I am in a similar situation. Social anxiety, uncomfortable around people.. been using EFT, TAT (and others) for a few years now. I have made progress in some areas of my life, in some others not so much. I discovered pstec a few weeks ago and have been listening to it every day several times.

English is a secondary language to me so I am also curious about this… I think it's not as effective for me for that reason. The 'linguistics' of pstec (the voice, the expressions and the suggestions) don't grab me.

Hoping for more people to join the discussion…
        Evan

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

HI Anders,

Thanks for writing and joining us here!

Ok, #1… Well, your language will not be a problem in and of itself. But, there may be some issues depending upon the nature of the source of the issue. Let me illustrate with a recent comment from someone…
          “… PSTEC seems to work even if one doesn't understand English. I tested it on several people. I explained to them exactly what and how and when to do… and they reported great resuls in cases if injuries, emotional trauma in low self-esteem.”

You see, Anders, your Mind Model is basically produced through two methods: Experiences and Linguistics (or language; in other words, what we are told) or, of course, a combination of the two in varying degrees.

So, if the issue is solely or primarily based in experience and little or no linguistics, then language has no or little affect on the issue and PSTEC can work for those people (as illustrated above) without the people even understanding English, but listening to the Click Track.

Now, if the issue is solely or primarily based in language, then it will be addressed more quickly using language in some form. So, in your case, if English is easily translated by your mind, then there should not be any problem at all.

#2… to answer your question, basically, “no” you do not need to know the cause or “figure it out.” Ah, but your subconscious knows what is at the root of the issue and will reveal that to you when necessary.

Do you need to cover each and every event along the way? No, in fact, I like to find the events where the issue began or around that time and first start working on the earlier events with PSTEC because those first events are the ones that, in effect, support the later events.

*** IMPORTANT ***
          One of the problems in dealing with the issues that many people encounter is dealing with the feelings “in the moment” but never going to the cause of the issue. So, they feel better in the moment, but it keeps coming back. As Tim says, “You left the loaded gun laying around and sooner or later it will go off again.” So, you have to go back to those “first cause” events and neutralize them and when you do that, you are unloading the gun so it won't go off anymore.

Allow your feelings to lead you to those events… allow your subconscious to present them to you… pay attention to the clues and hints from the subconscious as to the events that are in the way of your healing.

Now, you say feelings are an issue… that you do not feel them. On the other hand, the emotions and feelings are the communication from the subconscious so they are there, but most often we have conditioned ourselves and are in the habit of “shutting them down” or ignoring them.

Consider listening to the PSTEC interview With Michael about “No Feelings or Memories“…

….also the PSTEC interview with Wil along those lines as well…

If you are limited in your life, the emotions and feelings are there and that's where a practitioner can help you to expose those emotions and become aware of them.

Try this…

Think about a social situation that creates anxiety for you… either the thoughts of something in the future (an imagined event) or a recent one where you felt the same in the past… can you think of one?

Ok, how do you feel when you imagine going into that situation… do you feel it rising up in you, almost warning you not to go there?

Now, take it one step further, go into that social situation a little further and feel the emotions rise up in you.

You see, if the emotions did not rise up in your, you would move forward. When you fear a social situation, that is the emotion. How do you know you are fearful? Where does it rise up within you?

Now, this is much more effective in person or over the phone, but try that on your own.

So, most imporantly, #3 (or making it happen)…

Yes, it is possible to do it on your own and you are absolutely right, social anxiety can be tricky and quite complex, but all it means is that you must persist and stay very conscious with your PSTEC work.

So, a couple suggestions…

* We have a Panic Attack recording that was done with several people with Tim recommending how to target their PSTEC work on the issue, so when that is issued it might help you find some ways to target this. You see, I guarantee that PSTEC will clear this for you AS LONG AS IT IS TARGETED PROPERLY, CONSISTENTLY AND PERSISTANLY.

* Also, you do not necessarily need to meet with a practitioner in person, but only over the phone. I have worked with people all over the world via phone or Skype and I do not go very far from Hawaii… for obvious reasons. :- )
          So, check the PSTEC Register and there is someone there that can help guide you with your PSTEC work.

Let me know if that helpful… take care and keep clickin'… you'll get there… where? That place of JEEP, of course!

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC User

Thank you your reply, Jeff, it was very helpful:) How generous of you to lend your tıme and expertıse on a forum lıke thıs!

I will definitely check out the practitıoner regıster and those lınks you suggested as soon as I get home from vacation:)
            Lookıng forward to tryıng PSTEC out!
            Anders
            Just listened to those interviews you suggested Jeff and they were great, many of my questions got answered!
            Especially the part where Wil talks about problem memories coming to mind that he wasn't aware of. Even as far back to when he was in crib as a baby! Very cool.
            Anders

However a few more questions came to mind.

Tim says that one focus on the feeling and the memory while doing the click track. I mentioned in my previous post that I have problems with “feeling my feelings”. What I meant by that was more that I have problems with experiencing the feelings I felt in à past intense memory or imagined event. When Im in a social situation I definetly have anxiety and am very aware of it but Its hard for me to create that same feeling when I go back to the event afterwards. I can connect to the anxiety a little bit but I cant make it nearly as strong as it was in reality.
            I interpeted what time said about focusing on the feeling as having it in your body as you do the click track. That is hard for me to do. Is there any way to work around that? Or maybe I should work somehow on letting my feelings through?

Another thing on memorys, lets say that you were bullied throughout childhood by the same person in a similar fashion. Would you have to treat every single time you got bullied?
            anders

Jeff Harding

Hey Anders,

Ok, here's a defining aspect of feelings the feelings. It matters not what you perceive you felt in the past when you first experienced the memory “as the now” of that time. In other words, quite often, when I work with someone privately, they may say, “I can't get the same feeling I felt then”… or… “I don't feel what I felt then.” And, that is not important. What is important is what you feel NOW…what you feel in THIS moment and focus on the feeling you feel now!

You see, there are no feeling from the past. All feelings are now… in fact, there is no such thing as past as all is also “now.” So, when you think of a past memory, you are truly thinking and feeling now.

So, let's say you have a memory of being bullied in the sixth grade and at that time you felt fear at a level of 9 on a scale of 0 – 10. But, now when you recall that bullying memory, you only feel the fear at a 5 on a scale of 0 – 10; this is not an issue. The feelings you felt “back then” are not important. Just take the memory and the feeling YOU FEEL NOW and then plug in the Click Track.

Quite often, with social anxiety situations, if you cannot tune into a past memory with the feelings; then use an imagined event in the future. For example, if you have felt social anxiety in going to dance in a public place; imagine yourself going to a place like that or returning to a place you have been before and watch the feeling arise.

Again, whether it's a “past memory” or an “imagined future event”; in reality, both are imagined and you can use either one with PSTEC along with the feelings you feel NOW when you think of those imagined events.

Ok, so… quite often, I will ask someone about a memory and when the person recalls it, I then ask the person how they feel. Let's say they describe fear when they remember the memory. I always ask, where do you feel the fear in your body? Now, some people can feel it right away, some don't. No matter…go with what you have.

If you persist along this path, your sensitivity to the feelings will increase because you are training yourself to allow and recognize the signals… that is what they are… communication from the subconscious.

Be patient because if you do not feel much, not at all, or not consistently; it is only that way because, for some reason, your subconscious has created a Mind Model as such, or it is habitual or, some of both. So, give yourself time to shift and change…you'll get there!

Alright, last part here… regarding the bullying from the same person multiple times… the answer is…you're gonna love this one… “it depends.” Ok, that answer doesn't seem helpful, huh?

Well, it does depend upon the construct of your mind and mind model, but, most times, no, it's not necessary to cover ALL the instances. In fact, your mind will usually bundle thing and match pairs of data that come through. So, if you have a recurring experience, your mind will kind of pile these up which may make it stronger, right, because there is repetition, which may be the tough part. But, it is also good news because it may mean that it is much simpler and, therefore, easier to change.

So, just move forward the best you can with some tips here…
              * Think about the person and the most intense memories…could be an expression of the person, an image of a particular place you encountered them, other environmental aspects, color of their shirt…anything that your mind presents to you as very memorable when you do this work. Focus on that piece of the puzzle, let the feelings come through and then run the Click Track.
              * If you remember a particular encounter with someone that bullied you and the encounter, say, was similar in three distinct ways or locations; but, the three encounters, each, occurred many, many times; you can “bundle” the encounters and then run a separate Click Track on each one…one at a time… until each one is down to 0 or 1.

So, in effect, you are categorizing things as you assess what the cause of your issue is and, yes, this almost always will quicken the speed in which you find freedom from those memories and emotions.

Bonus Tip: Be sure to always, as much as you can, keep your conscious awareness open and allowing (that's truly the main purpose of your conscious mind) of any hints, flashes or other communication from your subconscious that you need to work on… believe me, the subconscious will help you when you “befriend” it. Do not judge or decide what is relevant… if it comes to your consciousness, run it through the Click Track, EEF or Accelerator Tapping Track.

Whew… quite a bit, huh?

If you have more questions, feel free!

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
              PSTEC User

Wow thank you Jeff. Again I appreciate you putting so much effort in your answers!

Yes another question :). Like i said earlier I have trouble figuring out “why” or how I picked up social anxiety. You mentioned that my subconscious knows what the problem is and will present it to me when necessary. Is there anyway to fish for these hints? Can I use PSTEC in a specific way to get insights from the subconscious?
                Anders

Jeff Harding

Hi Anders,

You're always welcome.

No reason to “figure things out”; after all, to figure things out you have to analyze and use the conscious mind and that's the part that we are bypassing. If you study Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or talk therapy and other derivatives of them; you will find analysis is the basis of their practice. You will also find the success rate and speed of healing to be quite low. So, let's not go in the direction of analysis, ok?

Here are three areas or practices in which you will find the answers being presented to you during your PSTEC work:

1. When you use the PSTEC Click Tracks (CT) and the EEF's, the subconscious will begin to present the related issues, memories and feelings as you release them. It's a “built in” function of the audios.

2. When you use the PSTEC Positive Tracks and are aiming toward a particular goal, target or desire; if there are memories and emotions that are in the way… in other words, if the Mind Model that operates your perception of the world in contrary, then the subconscious will serve them up and is basically saying, “Your desire will not work because it is contrary to our Mind Model, so do you want to comply with our current state of perception or clear it away and repattern to a new and updated Mind Model?” At this point, if the contrary memories and emotions that come up are unpleasant, then you pull out the CT or EEF and blast away the stuff that is contrary to your intention or desire.

Note, the Positive Tracks and EEF's are available as a part of the Level 1 Package.

3. The PSTEC Accelerators are available separately and they “turbo charge” your PSTEC work… highly recommended!

Now, as I mentioned, the Basic PSTEC tools I referred to in #1 and #2 have aspects built in that will “bring up” the issues in your subconscious for you to work on…. very cool, yah?

Ah, but the Accelerators…even more so!!

These will help your mind to “let loose” of even more and more of the memories, images, movies, emotions and feelings that are in the way of your desire… that are contrary to your intentions… that are blocking your freedom.

So, the final tip…

4. Be as conscious and fearless as you can. Let the memories and feelings come through you… let them become known to you… have the knowledge, the confidence and the intention to let them through…and they will.

You truly have nothing to fear because all of those “things” that are in your way are under your control…yes, that's right, 100% your control because the Mind Model… the source of your perception… it's ALL yours to do with as you please.

Remember though… you are changing something that is quite habitual, quite ingrained and quite “successful” according to the subconscious… so be patient, attentive and kind to yourself…ALL of yourself… including your subconscious.
                  It did the best it could and, with your new found knowledge, it can be an incredible ally and tool.

So, find harmony with the subconscious… allow communication… and offer it your respect and even unconditional love… be aware and LISTEN to the hints that come… remember allow it ALL to come through!

Nana I Ke Kumu
                  (Look to the source)

Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.