Question about "I’m not good enough"

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Question about "I’m not good enough"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hey guys – In the instructions there is a question that was not answered:

In the belief aspect, if there are different aspects under the belief umbrella, is it best to address each individually? Example “I have a belief I'm not good enough” – to shine, speak out, make big bucks etc

I am assuming one would first tackle “I have a belief I'm not good enough” and reinstall with “I am good enough” and then uninstall/reinstall the specific aspects?

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

plus1g

We repeat behaviours time and time again without conscious thought as habits. These habits are triggered by some other input which might be another habit. A belief is a habit of thought, a string of words that come to mind and often said without conscious thought. Your subconscious is faster than your conscious  mind. So although the generic “I am not good enough” can be accurate the actual words that you say might not be exactly those. In trying to remove a belief it is probably more effective to use the words and phrases you say to yourself rather than the generic even though you feel it is true. That generic represents a feeling an emotion and the tools to use for removing unwanted emotions are the Click Tracks. If that generic resonates with you, then try and recall any incidents that gave rise to those feelings and run the Click Tracks with an incident in mind (or group of if using CT 2015). When you have the 0-10 count down to a low figure then if you still find that belief coming to mind then use PSTEC Negative on it. Adding the opposite positive can help the process along but the Positive statement also represents feelings, it has to be more than a constructed string of words but something that resonates with good feelings for you. More than something you think you should have or be because others have told you. Something you really want for you!

Because PSTEC products are designed for self use by most people they have been kept as simple to use as possible and generally work best with a narrow focus on one defined target at a time. So yes it might be best for you to repeat the process with different variations “to shine. speak out, make big bucks etc”.

Peter

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g

The test of whether you hold a belief is to say the words out loud. If saying “I'm not good enough” feels uncomfortable or “true”, that's the sign you hold the belief (even if you actually rationalise that you shouldn't or couldn't hold the belief).

As Peter has advised, see whichever words capture the essence of your experience and the beliefs you wish to eliminate. However, in my experience, the essence of the belief is what is most important.

Also, when you use PSTEC Negative, make sure you logically counter the beliefs. “I'm not good enough” would be best countered with things like “I might not have felt good enough, but that doesn't mean I'm not a good enough person” or “maybe some people thought I wasn't good enough, but they were wrong” or “maybe I didn't do well enough at that time, but that doesn't mean I'M not good enough.”

Limiting self-concept beliefs like “I'm not good enough” cannot really be logically countered with something like “I'm good enough at swimming.” This is because the belief is not about skills, achievements or talents, per se.

“I'm not good enough” or “I'll never measure up/amount to anything” are beliefs about someone's essence, how they see themselves in the world and how they (often subconsciously) describe their experience of and expectations in life.

“I'm not good enough” is the CORE belief. Someone can still achieve great things, have great relationships, have fun but still (on some level) experience “I'm not good enough” as a person.  Holding that belief is like trying to run a 100m race whilst also pulling a car. 

You could , of course, go through each and every skillset (e.g. “I'm not good enough at…”) but I'd suggest that the reason for the emotions/behaviour you wish to change is the “I'M not good enough.” When you eliminate that belief, you'll be amazed how little (if at all) you care about whether you're good enough at x, y or z. You might desire to improve or master a skill, for example, but the negative charge won't be there. When you get that YOU are good enough by eliminating that and other limiting beliefs, your experience of life will change dramatically.

It's the experience of life that we all want to enjoy. This is filtered through our beliefs and conditions.

Please let us know how you get on, or if you need some clarification on this.

There's quite a lot more I want to write about this, but I hope this has helped.

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

Also, when you use PSTEC Negative, make sure you logically counter the beliefs. “I'm not good enough” would be best countered with things like “I might not have felt good enough, but that doesn't mean I'm not a good enough person” or “maybe some people thought I wasn't good enough, but they were wrong” or “maybe I didn't do well enough at that time, but that doesn't mean I'M not good enough.”

Do you mean for these to be the “priming the pump” statements?

There's quite a lot more I want to write about this, but I hope this has helped.

Please, do tell! :)

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g,

Yes, these would be perfect to “prime the pump”, as it were. I can't emphasise how important it is to logically counter the beliefs, rather than rationalising or trying to gee yourself up. So, “I'm not good enough” could not be logically countered with “I'm good enough, because I can do…x,y or z” 

“Good enough” is a sense, rather than something to justify. Once the belief is eliminated, you'll experience yourself as good enough without any need to prove it to others. You're good enough because you are.

Also, if you go back and figure out when you would have formed the beliefs (usually in early childhood and usually based on interactions with parents/caregivers), this can be very effective. Things happened, words were said and you may have gotten the sense of “I'm not good enough” and the other limiting beliefs.

Beliefs like this are usually formed due to criticism from parents – being compared to siblings, others etc. To a child, this would usually be experienced as not being good enough, even if our parents meant well or maybe didn't communicate feedback as well as they could have.

After forming a belief like this, we would tend to navigate life feeling afraid to make mistakes, or dreading the judgement of others. But let's be clear: it's the negative judgement that's really being feared and avoided. Most of us don't fear being positively judged or earnestly praised.

So how do we avoid this? Well, we come up with survival strategies. It might be a compulsion to “succeed”, to get the approval of others or doing things “perfectly.”

When we do this, we get the approval we were seeking and feel better, if only for a while. Therefore, we also have survival stretegy beliefs such as “what makes me good enough is getting approval from others” or “…doing things perfectly”  or “achieving lots” or “being rich.” There are lots of them.

So, the survival strategy beliefs are an extra component (rarely discussed) that would benefit from being exposed to PSTEC Negative. They are off-shoots of the core beliefs.

Another way to brainstorm this is by asking them question: “if I'm not important/good enough etc..what makes someone ( any of these things)?”

If your honest answer (e.g. acclaim, acceptance) is anything other than “you don't need anything to be these things”, that will help you identify the survival strategy belief you may be holding.

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.