Question about "PSTEC negative" and insomnia.

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Question about "PSTEC negative" and insomnia.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ethan Garrett
    PSTEC User

Hello everyone.
      I have developed not a very healthy pattern about sleep when I start to fall asleep, [deleted for the reasons stated bellow]. I know I should start with Clicking technique. But I would like to know, what contradictions there can be for this belief: [deleted for the reasons stated bellow], or [deleted for the reasons stated bellow]. Maybe I should change this negative belief to “My mind will be/is anxious before sleep?”

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Ethan

Yes starting with Clicking is important. You said it yourself, you have a fear. Imagine yourself trying to fall asleep with that constant interrupting and never getting off to sleep. Recreate that fear and run the Click Track. The Click Tracks are designed to remove negative emotions mainly “fears”.

The counter statements before running PSTEC Negative would possibly be along the lines of “I have fallen asleep before, it will happen again” “I can fall asleep quickly and easily, everyone falls asleep sometime”. The actual Negative statement is best pulled from your own self-talk at night when you are trying to get to sleep. It might be something along the lines of “I always seem to interrupt my self when falling asleep” or “I can never get to sleep I keep waking myself up” or ” I'm afraid of falling asleep I might not wake up”. It is likely something you say to yourself every night to explain why you keep interrupting the going to sleep process.

Once you have reduced the fear with the Click Tracks and Negative it would be good to follow it with a Positive if you have PSTEC Positive with statements along the lines of “I get to sleep quickly and easily” or “I always get to sleep easily”.

Hope this helps
        Peter

Please let us know how you get on.

Can you remember when this sleep interrupting behaviour started?

Ethan Garrett
        PSTEC User

Thank you so much, Peter. Your answers on this discussion board are always outstanding.
          Yes, I've also bought PSTEC level one and definitely going to work with PSTEC positive.
          Those counter statements seem to be more fitting for this belief: “I can't fall asleep”. Do you think I should start from this belief or they will also work with [deleted for the reasons stated bellow]

btw, the link to you site (in your signature) through secure TLS connection “https” – https://www.peter-bunyan.com/ redirects to https://www.peter-bunyan.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi which shows a mistake. You can remove the “s” and it'll open your website correctly – http://peter-bunyan.com/

Ethan Garrett
          PSTEC User

Can you remember when this sleep interrupting behaviour started?

Yes, first it started before a job interview, I feared that if I didn't fall asleep, I would fail, it was only two nights long and then everything restored to normal. Then when I got the job, I remembered my fears and developed a new one, that if I couldn't get a sleep, I would perform poorly :). I don't have the job now, though the fear hasn't disappeared, it just evolved a little bit.
            But there probably were other factors that contributed to this current state: low self esteem, have had a psychosomatic illness for a few years–lots of symptoms but the cause is not physical, it's because of suppressed emotions, being overly sensitive, and I didn't get a proper treatment (should have been psychological + maybe antidepressants, but was prescribed nootropics). At that time I wasn't socially active and active in general, was more concentrated on my career, preparing for a different job. I think I need to work on all my fears–being alone, unstable future and other negative emotions.
            Could you please tell me if I can use the Click Tracks on the current emotion (not from the past or imaginary future) in case I feel anxiety/unease/slight fear for whatever reason.

Ethan Garrett
            PSTEC User

I would like to ask another question, the user guide says not to combine believes in one sentence.

“I am worthless and everyone hates me” is two believes, not one. It should be split into two uses of the belief eraser: “It's my belief that I'm worthless”, …

Should I split this one [deleted for the reasons stated bellow] into two? Thanks.

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Ethan

Thanks for spotting the link error and telling me about it.

Re Counter Statements, it is difficult for me to be prescriptive, it is best to use your own form of words. These statements serve to fire up your negativity prior to running the Negative track with your negative statement, you need to react to them. When thinking of these counter statements they should bring to mind with feeling the Negative statement you wish to remove.

In order to help rebuild low self-esteem If you have not done so I suggest you download and listen to “Wealth of Abundance” another of Tim's track. This is a hypnotic so do not do anything else while listening. Listen as often as you can.

Yes Click Track any and all fears from the past and in the anticipated future. Yes you can use the Click Tracks on current emotions.

Generally the shorter simpler statements work best, but for Negative Tim suggests if I remember correctly making it 8 to 12 words so you may have to add “It's my belief” or “I believe that”. If you are using a contrived statement rather than one you know you repeat to yourself, then you may have to create several and run Negative with them all one at a time.

Peter

Ethan Garrett
                PSTEC User

got it, thank you! Now I think I'm ready for my first PSTEC Negative and the following Positive session.
                  Thanks for the link, I already has this file on my PC since I saw your advice on a different thread, will listen to it after the two sessions.

Ethan Garrett
                  PSTEC User

Good morning, Peter. I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm pretty new to this technique. Do you know if it's OK to use my native language for statements whist listening to English instructions? Thanks.

Peter Bunyan
                    PSTEC User

Ethan

Unfortunately PSTEC only being in English (at present) is always going to be a problem for those for who it is a second language.
                      But to answer your question, yes OK try it. As long as you connect with the written statement, that is it still means something to you emotionally then it should be OK. It might be even better for you than having to translate. Especially if your internal self-talk is in your native language.
                      Please let us know how it works for you.
                      Peter

Ethan Garrett
                      PSTEC User

It might be even better for you than having to translate. Especially if your internal self-talk is in your native language.

That's exactly what I thought; as my thoughts are mainly in another language (but I start to think in English too  8)), it might be more effective to use it for suggestions. But I'm going to use both of them (not simultaneously), just in case.
                        Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.