Question about Sleeping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JenWhetham

Hello!  I am new to PSTEC, and I purchased Level 1 after trying out the free materials.  I have committed to doing PSTEC every day, twice a day, for 30 days. Last night I did it about a recent manifestation of a persistent, recurrent fear– that my partner will fall in love with another woman.  This morning, I did it again on a persistent, recurrent anxiety about never having the right thing to wear (which greatly prevents my enjoyment of public events because I feel shabby, under-dressed, over-dressed, frumpy, etc.)

Anyway, about midway through the track I started to feel so sleepy!  I struggled through to the end and then promptly fell asleep.  DEEPLY asleep.  My conscious self wanted to wake up, I think, because I had a dream that I couldn't open my eyes. 

This is a recurrent dream: I used to dream I couldn't open my eyes.  In this one, I was trying to avoid being overcharged for parking and I could feel the parking attendant around me but I couldn't open my eyes.

So I know when I used to do EFT, as I released, I would yawn . . . sometimes fall asleep.

Is this usual to feel quite sleepy and then even fall into a deep sleep?

I'm also wondering if the dream signifies that I still have a great deal I am not seeing . . . especially about money, as in the dream I was counting out my money to see how much I had (I live in Vietnam right now as an ex-pat, so my learning curve with the money and the language are quite steep– so that was playing out in the dream).

I have also been just starting to listen to “No More Anxiety,” and the word “relax” of course is repeated quite often as a parallel/opposite state of anxiety.

So am I just relaxing and I just have extreme exhaustion from carrying around all this anxiety?

Thanks for any insights!

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your post.

I strongly suspect that, if you use PSTEC twice a day for 30 consecutive days, you will notice some big shifts.

Your experience of feeling sleepy after a Click Track is shared by others. Some people feel energised after emotional clearance, while others feel extremely tired and sleepy. Others may feel confused. It can also depend on the context – what time of day the tracks were run, what issues were being addressed etc.

When doing the Click Tracks, the subconscious mind has to do a lot of work. You could experiment with running the Click Tracks at different times of the day.

There may be some metaphorical content in your dream. If you have any level of financial or social discomfort, that can be addressed with the Click Tracks.

Please let us know how the 30 days go. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

JenWhetham

PAUL! Thank you!

I read this in the middle of the night when you posted it and then I never responded!  I am very sorry.  Please forgive my tardy response.

You wrote: “I strongly suspect that, if you use PSTEC twice a day for 30 consecutive days, you will notice some big shifts.”

I hope so!  Right now, I am hitting about once a day about 5 times a week.  However, this week has proved to be very intense in my relationship (as I just posted on the “Belief Blasters” forum), so I'm doing a LOT of rounds of PSTEC at one sitting/go.

you wrote,”Your experience of feeling sleepy after a Click Track is shared by others.”

Oh, thank goodness!  It's nice to know I am not alone.

I have been doing the tracks at a variety of times. I will say that this last week (the first week of April) my extreme fatigue/desire to sleep continued.  I slept at least an additional two hours every day (good thing I am working remotely and have a flexible schedule so I can make up my hours).  :)

In fact, just today I did two 18 minute rounds of the Belief Blasters and then came home to meditate (I'm using Brain Entrainment software from Iawake).  I feel asleep for about two hours!

You wrote: “When doing the Click Tracks, the subconscious mind has to do a lot of work.”

I'm hoping that I am doing it “right” as my mind tends to go all over the place because I have so many interconnected memories for my thoughts/feelings that arise in the present moment, many of which I don't have a “charge” around anymore. 

So I'm happy to know that possibly I'm sleeping a lot because I've been waiting so long for a tool like PSTEC (I've done EMDR, EFT, and a host of verbal/analytic therapy things . . . even had a series of soul retrievals by a shaman).

You wrote, “You could experiment with running the Click Tracks at different times of the day.” 

I've definitely been doing that.  :)  Thank you for the suggestion! 

You wrote: “There may be some metaphorical content in your dream. If you have any level of financial or social discomfort, that can be addressed with the Click Tracks.”

I definitely have BOTH.  I have been mostly working on relationship issues as they relate to my perceptions/negative thoughts about my body and my loveability/worth as they relate to fears around my partner.  I will be moving on to the “money stuff” and my social discomfort soon! 

You wrote: “Please let us know how the 30 days go. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.”

I will indeed!  Right now I think my combination of a meditation practice supported by brain entrainment and the PSTEC is making me extremely tired!  So I'm going to take this exhaustion/need for extra sleep as a good sign.  :)

With gratitude,

Jennifer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.