quick question about belief statements – using conjunction

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser quick question about belief statements – using conjunction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hey guys –

Given these two very common belief statements:

What makes me good enough or important is approval from others
      If I make a mistake or fail I'll be rejected
      Mistakes and failure are bad

Is the use of “or” “and” etc effective in removing beliefs OR should we remove the belief using a separate statement:

What makes me good enough is approval from others
      What makes me important is approval from others
      If I make a mistake I'll be rejected
      If I fail I'll be rejected
      Mistakes are bad
      Failure is bad

Please advise. Thank you.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi plus1

Given that with PSTEC generally it is best to work with short simple statements, your amended seperate statements are better. It might help if you make them more specfic, that is, what mistakes, what precisely are you afraid to fail at now?

Peter

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Plus1g,

I do agree with Peter. Short, snappy and specific sentences are the way to go, in my experience.

A lot of “belief work” out there can be quite generic. Generally, though, there will be just variations on a theme. What is real for you?

“Mistakes and failure are bad” could “knock out” that negative sense.

As Peter mentioned, however, it would be worth relating those words to your own experiences of life.

What IS “failure”? How would you know you have failed? How would you feel if you failed?

“Failure” is just another word to describe our experience. It's not “out there.” One person's failure is another person's success.

As well as working on the beliefs, continue your brilliant work of neutralising the emotions – imagine “failing”, and then continue to CT.

You mentioned in another post that your sensory acuity is continuing to grow, as you continue to do this work. I know that it is opening up new possibilities for you, and new ways of seeing people and life, in general.

To that end, I would suggest thinking about context. A lot of beliefs will be contextual. In the context of “failure” or mistakes, would that only affect you in a certain context (e.g. the workplace)  or around certain people (authority types, relatives etc.)?

In other words, if you were in an empty room and completely unmonitored, would you worry about making a mistake?

I bring these points up not to be philosophical, but to help you target the most pertinent and relevant beliefs/feelings.

I hope that helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

I ran it a second time and it took it considerably farther. I then just picked up teh click tracks and went after it again until it was gone. Just goes to show that we have an arsenal of tools to take out anything that's not JEEP. Love it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.