Re-phrasing Global Beliefs for BB?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Re-phrasing Global Beliefs for BB?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    M
    PSTEC User

Hello,

First post from a lurker and someone who hopes PSTEC can help. 

I own quite a few of the programs and have experienced some nice results with the Click Tracks. 

What I'm really interested in trying are the Belief Blasters.

Can I get your input on effectively re-phrasing statements for global beliefs?  My attempts to create past versions of the beliefs I want to eliminate either feel convoluted and overworked or they just sound silly and delusional.

Some examples:

Now version:  Cute, sexy, healthy women are never single.

BB version:  Cute, sexy, healthy women were never single.

Huh??  And now they are?  The past tense version doesn't make sense to me, and it has lost all the visceral punch/anger/frustration I am desperate to get rid of.

Some more examples I'm wrestling with:

Now version:  Attractive women don't want to be approached by men.

BB version:  Attractive women didn't want to be approached by men.

Now version:  Beautiful women only want tall, handsome, famous or rich men.

BB version:  Beautiful women only wanted tall, handsome, famous or rich men.

Now version:  People are selfish and unkind.

BB version:  People were selfish and unkind.

Again, the past tense version sounds silly to me.  Like the world changed and people behave differently?  I understand all of these are subjective beliefs (which I'm trying to reconfigure for a healthier emotional state in myself) but global beliefs are causing me problems.

More than anything, I would love to reverse these (and many other) global beliefs in my subconscious, but I'm struggling with how to articulate them for BB.  Maybe I'm overthinking it?

Any suggestions for how to re-phrase global beliefs into past tense statements would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Now version:  Cute, sexy, healthy women are never single.

^^ Per the Belief Blaster instructions – You would break this down (it's too complex) and put it in the past tense

Cute women were never single
        Sexy women were never single
        Healthy women were never single

Now version:  Attractive women don't want to be approached by men.

BB version:  Attractive women didn't want to be approached by men.

^^ Correct

Now version:  Beautiful women only want tall, handsome, famous or rich men.

^^ Per the Belief Blaster instructions – You would break this down (it's too complex) and put it in the past tense as my previous example.

Now version:  People are selfish and unkind.

BB version:  People were selfish and unkind.

^^ Again break this down into single, simple beliefs

People were selfish or people had been selfish
        People were unkind OR people were/had been mean

Again, the past tense version sounds silly to me.  Like the world changed and people behave differently?  I understand all of these are subjective beliefs (which I'm trying to reconfigure for a healthier emotional state in myself) but global beliefs are causing me problems.

More than anything, I would love to reverse these (and many other) global beliefs in my subconscious, but I'm struggling with how to articulate them for BB.  Maybe I'm overthinking it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think you are. Simply put the belief in the past tense and run the track on it.  No need to intellectualize. All you have to do is follow the instructions as provided with the Belief Blaster recordings. Keep on blasting!

Tomas Zobal
        PSTEC User

This is an interesting question. Personally, the statement in BB form needs to feel authentic to me. Sometimes, I have a belief that's more of a future projection or that rings true in present tense. When I “just” put it in the past tense, it doesn't really work for me. It loses its authenticity and it's hard to believe it as I'm repeating it while the track is playing.

What helps me is doing what Paul recommends, which is is to find WHY I hold such a belief. What I believe about myself or the world that makes me feel this way and then use that as my BB statement, in the past tense.

M
          PSTEC User

Thanks for the replies.  I'll try to go in without over-thinking it.

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi M,

Thanks for posting. Great questions.

Just to add to Brian and Tomas' posts, it may be useful to think that putting the belief into the past tense is a deliberate mechanism. There are so many psychological principles interwoven into Belief Blasters.

You are effectively making the belief part of your past, so it no longer impacts your present and future.

The past was five minutes ago, five months ago and, quite literally, five seconds ago.

All your belief “evidence” will be based on past events and memories, and these will help produce future expectations. Simply use that “evidence” while trying hard to believe the belief.

So, “cute women were never single” creates “cute women are never single”, and tomorrow is a new day  ;)

You can dig into those beliefs even further, by the way. One way is to pretend that “cute women are never single” is the absolute truth, get annoyed about it and CT away the emotion.

What if someone you found cute WAS single?

Do any feelings or other beliefs seem to limit your actions?

What would it mean about you, life and relationships if cute women were never single?

Think about this in terms of “being rejected, “being vulnerable” and “being thought less of.”

If it helps, Tim has said you can use “has/have been” instead of “was/were.” Maybe the phrasing will make the sentence more palatable for you, as it has more of a “continuous” quality to it.

Please keep us updated, M.

All the best,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

M
              PSTEC User

Paul,

I took a break from the forum and only now discovered your reply.  Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question!

Regarding my “Cute girls are never single” belief specifically, your comments made me realize that there's a small constellation of beliefs surrounding and hypertrophying this one. 

Your comment:

“You can dig into those beliefs even further, by the way. One way is to pretend that “cute women are never single” is the absolute truth, get annoyed about it and CT away the emotion.”

What if someone you found cute WAS single?

Do any feelings or other beliefs seem to limit your actions?

What would it mean about you, life and relationships if cute women were never single?

Think about this in terms of “being rejected, “being vulnerable” and “being thought less of.”

Really hit me hard.  I feel this is the best way to tackle the belief, which is more than just a simple belief to blast away.  It's a compound belief that's metastasized into an absolute, unbreakable paradigm for me now. 

Ok, feeling the overwhelm and the “it's impossible to change this” charge in my gut. 

I will start with ClickTracking some of the peripheral emotions that come up like you mentioned.

Oh boy. 

I have more questions about tackling the evidence but I will do some work on the beliefs before I ask any more.  I'm very in my head about this and it's probably just a delaying tactic to keep me from facing these monsters.

Thanks again for your thoughtful comment, Paul.  It has started the ball rolling for me.  I will drop back in and report on my progress.

Cheers,
                M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.