Reaction to new tracks. Also some questions.

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Click Track 2015 Reaction to new tracks. Also some questions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Declan McGuone
    PSTEC User

Hi. I have some questions about the new tracks. I would appreciate any help. :)

I have anxiety all the time and trouble sleeping. I can't ever relax. If I hear a sudden sound I'll panic. If I'm outside I think I'm going to be attacked. I'm sure it's because of experiences I had as a child/growing up. This is also when my insomnia started. When I bought the Level 1 click tracks I wrote a list of all the experiences I had to clear.

Years back, I tried the free/Level 1 click tracks 35+ times on one big school memory but I didn't notice any change. I'd struggle to focus on the feeling while playing, but afterwards I still felt the same. At the time my list looked too big, so I felt disheartened and stopped. :'(

I bought the 2015 CTs six months ago and ran through that same memory on one of the long click tracks. I had psoriasis on my arms and stomach while at school. I haven't had it for twelve years. A couple days after running the click track I noticed a patch on my right arm. šŸ˜®Ā  It was gone again after 10 days.

I decided last week to give it a proper go this time and do one CT minimum each day. I've used the 2015 long CTs eight times since then (alternating). Now I have two small patches on my left arm (right is still clear). Is this a sign stuff is being released? I don't mind the patches if it means it's working. :)

My list is pretty much the same experience repeating itself. Usually I'm attacked or bullied. Around half are from school or younger. Can I wrap my whole list, as they're the same feeling? If not, what's a good number to limit each wrap to?

When I'm told to smile I usually force one and then stop. Am I supposed to smile once, or smile through to the end of the track?

After being instructed to open and close my eyes, I've been doing that to the end of the track. Is that correct?

I yawn all the time with the new CTs. Is that good? I never yawn normally no matter how tired.

When I try and feel the negative emotion at the end it feels the same to me. Can the tracks still be working even if I don't notice any change? How many CT plays before I should consider it's not working?

Thanks

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Dec

Glad that you have come back to give PSTEC another go.

It is important to ask yourself before and after the Click Track to how bad is this feeling? On a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no feeling and 10 is absolute panic and trust that the first number that comes into your head is OK without any judgement or second guessing. If the Track is working (this will be most times out of tenĀ  :D ) then the number afterwards will be lower. Repeat until you have got down to 0 or say 2. Then move on to another issue/memory. If there is no movement downwards after a few play through's then stop as something is not right and another way forward needs to be looked at. These numbers are your way of knowing that the Click Tracks are working for you. Logically this is nonsense but you are asking your subconscious which does not work with logic. Clearly it cannot be accurate but it is the amount of change and rate of change that is important.

Yawning is a sign that you are relaxed. This is good as it means Tim's words will be more likely be accepted by your subconscious as long as you are able to still focus on keeping the tapping in synch with the Clicks.

No you do not have to keep on opening and closing your eyes to the end. Go for a few times and get back to focussing on trying to recall the memory/emotion and tapping in time.

I do not know about the smiling, I'll get back to you on that one.

Yes it should be possible to wrap a number of similar incidents together generally you would only need to work with the ones you can most clearly remember half a dozen or so should be enough. The more clearly similar the more effective it should be.

The return of the patches does seem to indicate that you are reliving some of the stresses of those early incidents. A change or break in your CT regime might be required if it gets worse.

What to do if you do not seem to be getting anywhere. The PSTEC Click Tracks remove emotions from memories. The memories stay but the way you feel about them changes. This stops your past from affecting your present. You are using the memory and reliving it in your imagination in order to stimulate the feelings around it. Not only the fears and anxiety of being bullied and the experience or just the threat of violence but the following impact of shame of being disgraced or being made to feel small, weak, unimportant. The loss of respect for yourself and imagined amongst your peers. All these can be linked by the one memory but you can also pick on what seems to be the most dominant emotion and CT that.

The bullying alone might be responsible but I suspect that you did not have the support from your parents and teachers that would have got you through this unscathed. Am I anywhere near right here?

You might also try building a worst case scenario based in the future where again you are bullied with all the aspects that made it bad only more so. Building this new imagined disaster should link most of the worst emotions from the past but it is safer to contemplate as it is in a future time. Trying Click Tracking this rather than past memories.

Hopefully I have given you plenty to think about and work on.

Please keep in touch and ask more questions
        Peter

Declan McGuone
        PSTEC User

Hi Peter :)

Thanks for the reply! It's so helpful.

I took a couple days off because I was having nightmares. The last one I walked into an elevator with a man and woman. It closed and they started pulling out my teeth. I tried to hit them but my hands went through their bodies. The woman said she was going to pull them all out and I couldn't stop her. šŸ˜® I was sweating. It really freaked me out. lol

The break was good because I can start properly now with your answers. ;D

It is important to ask yourself before and after the Click Track to how bad is this feeling? On a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no feeling and 10 is absolute panic and trust that the first number that comes into your head is OK without any judgement or second guessing. If the Track is working (this will be most times out of tenĀ  :D ) then the number afterwards will be lower. Repeat until you have got down to 0 or say 2. Then move on to another issue/memory. If there is no movement downwards after a few play through's then stop as something is not right and another way forward needs to be looked at. These numbers are your way of knowing that the Click Tracks are working for you. Logically this is nonsense but you are asking your subconscious which does not work with logic. Clearly it cannot be accurate but it is the amount of change and rate of change that is important.

I'm guilty of sometimes not rating the emotion at the end.Ā  :-[
          I'll make sure to give it a number before and after each play from now on (even if I think it's wrong). I'll write them down too. :)

The bullying alone might be responsible but I suspect that you did not have the support from your parents and teachers that would have got you through this unscathed. Am I anywhere near right here?

My mum was a bad person back then. I didn't tell her, dad or my teachers. I don't know if I blame them. It's something I'll think about.

You might also try building a worst case scenario based in the future where again you are bullied with all the aspects that made it bad only more so. Building this new imagined disaster should link most of the worst emotions from the past but it is safer to contemplate as it is in a future time. Trying Click Tracking this rather than past memories.

That's genius. I never thought of doing that with the CTs.

Hopefully I have given you plenty to think about and work on.

You have! Thanks! :D

I'll split my list up into primary school, secondary school, at home and outside. That gets me to around 6+ big memories for each. I'll start secondary school group first as that includes the memory I've already started to CT. Sounds like a plan. ;D

Btw sometimes I'll be clicking and I'll struggle to feel the bad emotion for a little while. I'll keep thinking of the bad aspects and find it again. Could that mean I released some?

Also did you find out about the smiling thing?

Sally Baker
          PSTEC User

Slightly different take from Peter I guess. I work mainly with PSTEC however I also work with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) as an Advanced Practitioner for many years. Yawning in energy work is always seen as a sign of shifting emotions and clearing old cruddy stuff. The closing and open your eyes I always encourage as in hypnotherapy its called fractionation and deepens the trance state so I would say go for it for the length of the track.

More specifically, you're dealing with a great deal of trauma, much of it from when you were young and felt powerless. It sounds as though you are often in a state of hightened anxiety – flight or fight response. Your skin condition has a recognised stress element to it as I'm sure you are aware. It's challenging to change state while you are in it and you seem to be able to go far enough with your own work with PSTEC to alert your subconscious without being able to stay with the process to gain the resolution you desire. Perhaps consider finding a trained PSTEC therapist in your locality to help direct and focus your work. Sometimes the answers are in the margins of one's awareness, the body language, the omissions and pauses and to find and explore those is much easier when working with someone skilled and intuitive enough to guide your work. Good luck with finding the resolution you seek.

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Dec

Sally; thanks for your help.

The Click Tracks have multiple layers of techniques many running at the same time, this gives power to the suggestions Tim is making. So go with Sally's eye open/close all the way but do not worry about it if you can't for any reason, focus on re-living the emotion and tapping in synch with the Clicks.

Re smiling: Apologies as yet I still have not listened again to the long 2015 CT which I think is the only place it is mentioned. However what concerns me is you saidĀ  “When I'm told to smile I usually force one and then stop”. It is the “force” in this statement, this suggests it reminds you of something bad or unpleasant. Is this the case? If it is then it might be counter productive to even try to smile at this time.

We are all driven by emotions for some people they are written all over their faces, others are more deadpan. IMO all emotions have a behavioural response they might just be almost unnoticeable from the outside. Because these emotions are so strongly associated with the response they also work the other way. By acting out the physical behaviour it produces the corresponding emotion. So smiling even when unhappy can change the feeling to a more positive emotion. Making the effort to stand tall and look confident can produce the feeling of confidence.

However if you never learnt the behaviour when young the associations are not there. If like me you had an unhappy childhood you never smiled when young, your parents did not smile, then you might find it difficult to do so now. When I was undergoing CBT for depression I was asked to remember the last time I was happy, I could not recall any such time. Hence even now I find it difficult to smile, but I try!

Currently you are trying to change yourself. This is something your subconscious tends to resist. In order to help the process along it is beneficial to give your sub some incentive and guidance. You need to imagine yourself in the not to distant future having changed successfully into the person you would like to become and feel how good that would be. Attach the good happier feelings to that vision of yourself. This is something to smile about, associating the good feelings with the behaviour.Ā  Knowing that you will get there. Keep on trying to imagine it. What is the alternative, staying as you are, getting worse? Click Track that thought! Give the future you a target date to happen by, keep it realistic. This is sort of Carrot and Stick with a Roadmap. Push/pull on a time scale. Giving your sub a reason to change, a reward for the time delay.

Since you are a more organised person than many with a list of things to Click on, then create a list of small rewards, things to treat yourself with when you have done so much Click Tracking and achieved a reduction in those numbers. So although it may get tedious trying to relive unpleasant past memories, you can have something to look forward to in steps as you go along the way to reaching that future you.
              Oh @#*!
              Just noticed this post did not save correctly and I cannot remember exactly how I finished it. Something like…

…This is the Carrot and Stick with a Roadmap or Push/pull on a time scale approach. Give your sub a reason to change, it is not a punishment or a chore, keep it lighter and call it playtime.

You seem to be more organised than many with a list of things to Click Track. You can go a step further and create a list of small rewards, treats for when you have finished some CT work and lowered your numbers. These give you more incentive to keep on going step by step a reward for each one.

Keep us posted on how you get on
              Peter

Sally Baker
              PSTEC User

Just a quick point – I haven't found it necessary to work chronologically with clients.. I would recommend you take your list and rate the distress associated with each memory or event from zero to 10. I suggest you focus on the issues with the highest rating and work on those first. How the subconscious handles these memories means you may well find once you have cleared some of the more distressing memories with PSTECĀ  that the memories with lower distress ratings simply don't bother you the way they used to – and that makes your list less over whelming and quicker to resolve. Bonus

Declan McGuone
                PSTEC User

Hi Sally and Peter. Thank you for the replies and info! ;D

I work mainly with PSTEC however I also work with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) as an Advanced Practitioner for many years. Yawning in energy work is always seen as a sign of shifting emotions and clearing old cruddy stuff.

That's encouraging to know! CTing is the only time I feel sleepy.
                  It was through EFT that I found out about PSTEC.Ā  :)

The closing and open your eyes I always encourage as in hypnotherapy its called fractionation and deepens the trance state so I would say go for it for the length of the track.

Okay I'll do that.

Perhaps consider finding a trained PSTEC therapist in your locality to help direct and focus your work. Sometimes the answers are in the margins of one's awareness, the body language, the omissions and pauses and to find and explore those is much easier when working with someone skilled and intuitive enough to guide your work. Good luck with finding the resolution you seek.

I'll give it a fair go for a month. In the past I started and stopped. If I don't get anywhere I'll try a PSTEC therapist.

Just a quick point – I haven't found it necessary to work chronologically with clients.. I would recommend you take your list and rate the distress associated with each memory or event from zero to 10. I suggest you focus on the issues with the highest rating and work on those first. How the subconscious handles these memories means you may well find once you have cleared some of the more distressing memories with PSTECĀ  that the memories with lower distress ratings simply don't bother you the way they used to – and that makes your list less over whelming and quicker to resolve. Bonus

I'll do that. I have a lot of big ones marked. I haven't rated them (usually I do it just before CTing). I'll go through my list and rate each one before I do anything else.

Re smiling: Apologies as yet I still have not listened again to the long 2015 CT which I think is the only place it is mentioned. However what concerns me is you saidĀ  “When I'm told to smile I usually force one and then stop”. It is the “force” in this statement, this suggests it reminds you of something bad or unpleasant. Is this the case? If it is then it might be counter productive to even try to smile at this time.

We are all driven by emotions for some people they are written all over their faces, others are more deadpan. IMO all emotions have a behavioural response they might just be almost unnoticeable from the outside. Because these emotions are so strongly associated with the response they also work the other way. By acting out the physical behaviour it produces the corresponding emotion. So smiling even when unhappy can change the feeling to a more positive emotion. Making the effort to stand tall and look confident can produce the feeling of confidence.

I don't smile much. It is a part that, and part thinking of those memories, I want to cry. It feels the opposite of what I should do. I understand after reading your post, maybe that's why it's important to do it.

However if you never learnt the behaviour when young the associations are not there. If like me you had an unhappy childhood you never smiled when young, your parents did not smile, then you might find it difficult to do so now. When I was undergoing CBT for depression I was asked to remember the last time I was happy, I could not recall any such time. Hence even now I find it difficult to smile, but I try!

I had an okay/good childhood until I was six. I smiled before then. Like you, I do find it hard to smile now. Like it's unnatural and my face is resisting. lol.

You seem to be more organised than many with a list of things to Click Track. You can go a step further and create a list of small rewards, treats for when you have finished some CT work and lowered your numbers. These give you more incentive to keep on going step by step a reward for each one.

I like this idea. I'll think of some way I can reward myself so I stay on plan.

Btw I listened to the long track and this is the smile instruction.

Code:
                  And now you can smile. So smile right now. Soon you'll notice a really great feeling of release, as you notice you're becoming more relaxed and more calm.

It's just after 16mins 20secs into the long tracks. I don't believe he mentions smiling again (at least on the main voice track). Does that sound like I'm only to smile the once, when told to?

Also when rating a memory, should I try to feel the bad feelings as much as I can? Like when CTing? For example. If you asked me how bad a memory feels to me today, I may say it feels like a 5. But if I really tried to remember the details, how I felt at the time, what was going through my head (as I do when CTing), it could jump to a 10. Which would be the correct rating to give?

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Dec

Re smiling instruction on the long 2015 CT. Thanks for the track time you gave. Prior to this suggestion Tim is suggesting that you feel OK, safe and better. So you should be able to feel like smiling because you feel better. If you are still having to make your fascial muscles work and place a fixed smile on, just because you feel like you have been told to, then this is probably not the right thing to do. If at this point in the track you are still not believing Tim's suggestions and you are not feeling better then perhaps using the eef CTs on Level 1 might work better for you. You want the smiling to be naturally generated by thinking of a better future, if at this point in time you only feel a slightly warmer glow inside but not yet able to smile then don't IMO force it. Really knowing and believing things will get better for you because you can imagine it as vividly as you can those past memories is where you want to get to. Believing the CTing is part of getting you there, is part of getting you there. This is a loop of thinking, if you keep on finding the CTs are not working then it can break this loop. However bear in mind the hardest part of the journey is just before the breakthrough and getting over the tipping point so persistence is also required. As long as you feel that what you are doing will eventually get you there then stick with it and you will.

The object of the CTs is to remove negative emotions from the memories. The more clearly you can recall the memory and feelings before running the CT the more likely the CT is to work. On this basis using the number your sub has provided just before running the CT is the right one. If it is a ten then you definitely need to CT it.

Hopefully I have made this clear enough for you.
                    Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.