Recovery time, what I did!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peter Bunyan
    PSTEC User

If you know me at all you will know that I am a runner. A runner that keeps on injuring himself. What ever the cause injuries are extremely irritating, frustrating and depressing.
      While it may not seem much to most people, not being able to run is serious to me. Not being able to do the the thing you love and seeing other people out there training and not being able to join in, just sucks! Repeated over and over for a long period of time, well it is going to have a negative effect.

Several sessions of Click Tracking; the pain and frustration of the current injury, the sense of failure at it happening yet again after all those hours and miles of training, and this time the fear of it happening again in the future.

The race was the last one of the series and I needed a good time and I was in with a chance of being first (in my age group). Having injured a few weeks before I was not fully fit and knew this race was a real risk, but it was the last one. It was all going to plan with only some minor soreness when suddenly, a bit over halfway, it happened again, leaving me limping painfully back to the start unable to finish. Disaster!

However over the next few days still limping around I notice that I am unusually calm about the whole thing. Furthermore I am working on implementing strategies to speed up recovery and prevent it happening again. Also looking forward to the next race in November reasonably confident that I will get there and do well. This injury appears to be healing fast. There is no way of knowing if PSTEC is helping in this respect but it appears to have helped me cope with the situation better.

Peter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.