Rewording in past generic beliefs

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Rewording in past generic beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kiltro
    PSTEC User

Hello,

I'm starting to use Belief blaster but since i'm not native english I'm wondering how do you rephrase generic belifs.
      The examples in the recording are all “personal” belief, e.g. “I'm bad” becomes “I was bad”.

But what about something like “mistakes and failures are bad”?
      Should I use “mistakes and failures were bad”?
      “I thought that mistakes and failures were bad”?

Thanks

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kiltro,

Thanks for posting.

Although there are some innovative ways to use the Belief Blasters, I recommend that you keep it as succinct as possible when running a belief statement.

This tends to get a better result, as it makes it easier to recall the statement and eliminate the belief.

Moreover, “I thought mistakes and failure were bad” describes the consequence of holding the causal belief. In other words, “mistakes and failure were bad” would cause the thought and the associated behavior.

You would think it because you believe it and your behaviour would tend to be consistent with holding such a belief (e.g. feeling bad when you make a mistake, trying to avoid anything that does not come naturally).

So, I recommend blasting “mistakes and failure were bad”, while trying hard to believe that statement and feeling what it feels like to hold such a belief.

This would apply to other similarly-worded beliefs too. Try hard to tap into the experience of these beliefs too. They influence our reality.

I hope that helps. If it is not clear enough, please let me know.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

kiltro
        PSTEC User

Thanks Paul!

I don't know if I get it right:

Shouuld I try hard to believe that “mistakes and failure are bad” while saying “mistakes and failure were bad”?
          Or should I try hard to believe that “mistakes and failure were bad” but are no more?

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kiltro,

Thanks for your reply.

“Mistakes and failure are bad” is the belief you are addressing with the BB tracks.

Say it out loud, feel how it feels (before and after running BB). That is the feeling you might wish to evoke when running BB.

You then put the statement into the past tense. This is a mechanism of BB.

So, you are trying hard to believe “Mistakes and failure were bad”

The past is 1 second ago, 10 years ago, 40 years ago etc. I started this reply in the past  :)

To simplify this, I advise people to think of the past tense sentence/statement as “everything up to this point in time.”  You use all “evidence” up to this point in time. It does not have to be an exhaustive list but go with the “proof.”

For the core beliefs, try to aim for early childhood experiences.

So much of our “evidence” for beliefs being the truth is derived from past events.

Hopefully the following example illuminates this idea: someone might believe “I'm not wanted”, as they made that conclusion (usually subconsciously) many years ago. They may not even be consciously aware of that belief, and may do a lot to avoid facing the feelings associated with it.

If someone was running that belief through BB, it would typically be phrased in the past tense as “I was not wanted” (up to now) and they would try hard to believe it while thinking of the so-called evidence.

I hope this helps.

If not, please let me know.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

To further on Paul's advice, it makes sense to break it into two beliefs.

Mistakes are bad
              Failure is bad

Really feel the feelings and imagine the worst possible outcomes you can remember (as far back as you can) and also what might happen in the future as a result of these beliefs being true.

kiltro
              PSTEC User

… and also what might happen in the future as a result of these beliefs being true.

But continuing to repeat the sentence in the past… am I right?

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Yes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.