Seeking Approval

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Troy Thomason
    PSTEC User

The number one problem I have with interacting with new people is wanting/seeking their approval. I intellectually know that approval comes from within, and I've reduced a lot with the click tracks, but I still have the problem. What kind of belief can I internalize with PP or clear with PN to change this?

One belief I could try is “everybody likes me”.

Any input is welcome!

requin
      PSTEC User

Seeking approval is based on insecurity, right?  So maybe you could think about that..and find a way to use PS Neg to get rid of unwanted beliefs about being insecure.

Then do a PS Positive saying, “I am confident and secure” or something like that.

Just a thought.

Troy Thomason
        PSTEC User

It's wanting the interaction to go well, and caring what they think of me.

I did “I love and accept myself completely” a few weeks ago, and that helped a ton.

I guess I go into interactions trying to “win people over”.

requin
          PSTEC User

i like that one.  May I use it?  ;)

Troy Thomason
            PSTEC User

I think I may have cleared this. I did PN on “I'm annoying” and “I'm a failure”, and I noticed big shifts!

Lisa
              PSTEC User

That's great Troy!! I think it's great when we are able to find the right words that let us escape from the limiting beliefs we have put on our self.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.