Social Anxiety

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sanela Nenadic
    PSTEC User

Hi,
      I'm new to this forum and have just recently started using PSTEC. The first time I did PSTEC it was amazing because I couldn't even bring up the bad memory in my mind anymore. However, the more I use PSTEC the less it seems to work and I don't know if this is normal? I used the free click track 1 and click track 2 and I'm really good at it and don't have to think much about it when I do it now, so could this be the reason it doesn't work so well anymore?

I'm also not sure which memories I should be focusing on, stuff from the past or things that make me nervous about the future? The reason I have low self-esteem is because of my past experiences. But I get a lot of anxiety when I think about my future because I'm a college student and I have one more semester until I am done and I am scared that I wont be able to find a job and I currently don't have a job. Also, for my next semester I will have to do a clinical experience at one of the healthcare facilities for one of my classes and that's making me really nervous too and I'm trying to eliminate this anxiety before the semester starts but the anxiety always comes back when I think about it. I also tried EFT and it helps but it always comes back again. I am also doing CBT but it's really hard to keep the negative thoughts away with all my negative beliefs. I just want to get better again, I think my social anxiety is getting worse especially now that I quite my job.

So, does anyone have any step-by-step instructions how to get rid of this anxiety or how to use PSTEC properly. Does the click track only get rid of the bad memories or it can eliminate the anxiety too? I also read in some posts something about J.E.E.P. what is that? lol If anyone could give me some advice or more info. how to correctly use PSTEC to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Sanela,

Alright… quite a few thoughts and feelings swirling around there, yeah?

Your thoughts are about K.I.S.S, Sanela… that's Keep It Simple Sweetheart!  Good way to start.

Here's my J.E.E.P. (joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace) model to KISS…

1. Feeling non-JEEP? Yes, go to #2 … No, go to #3
        2. Follow E.P.I.C. … here is a free copy of EPIC
          Bring two things to the Click Track (CT) round, a memory or imagined event AND the emotion or feeling.  That's what you concentrate on… that is where you focus in on during the CT.  Run the CT until it's 0-1
          (Note: other memories and imagined events may come up; WRITE THEM DOWN so you can CT them later)
        3. Feeling J.E.E.P.?  Focus on that feeling. Yes, go to #4… No, go to #1
        4. What do you desire?  Think about taking action on that desire… what do you do next?  Imagine doing that.  How do you feel about it?
        5. Still feeling JEEP? Yes, Go to #6… No, Go to #1
        6. You can reinforce the JEEP feelings with your goal/target/desire and run the PSTEC Positive and/or #7
        7. Go take action!  Live Life and enjoy your JEEP… drive it everywhere you wish!
        8. [/list]How's that for step by step?

KISS, right?

Those are the fundamentals.

So, for you, some specifics…

the more I use PSTEC the less it seems to work

You are probably not targeting PSTEC effectively… this happend quite often when we tend to not look at our issues… afraid to look.

I'm really good at it and don't have to think much about it

I'm not sure what you mean by “don't have to think much about it”… when you run the CT, you should be trying as hard as you can to focus on the memory/imaged event AND the emotion/feeling.  It takes concentration.

which memories I should be focusing on, stuff from the past or things that make me nervous about the future

Use the JEEP step by step above and as you focus on the anxiety feeling, memories come up… WRITE THEM DOWN … note each one and run the CT on each one.  Start with the earliest memories first because, sometimes, the subsequent ones lose their intensity as well, but be WILLING to go through them and you will find they release much more quickly.

Keep up the good work (play?)… approach this lightly and respectfully for all aspects and part of your Mind.

Aloha!

Jeff

sanela Nenadic
        PSTEC User

Thank you for taking the time to write all this. It makes much more sense to me now  :D . I will see if this will help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.