Some (maybe a bit sceptical) questions
- This topic is empty.
- September 10, 2015 at 7:54 am#21776Another RickPSTEC User
I just started experimenting with the free PSTEC tracks. I noticed some relief, but it could also be temporary or a sort of placebo effect.
I am a bit sceptic. I tried a lot of things like EFT, EMDR, hypnosis, breathwork etc.. but did not notice much change. I have read some raving testimonials about the effectiveness of PSTEC but reading some of these forum types it seems like a lot of people are still struggling a lot. Is it really that life changing? I really want to be assured that it really works for me before I pay for extra stuff.
Please could you give me some tips about how to proceed? I have no real trauma but my whole life I feel a bit of uneasyness around people I do not know very well. So I tried to use the track on 2 things until now:
1. when I meet people on the street in the small village I live now I feel a bit of uneasyness. What do they think of me, should I greet them first or wait till they greet me? etc…It is just a mild uneasyness, but it still irritates me and I would feel better if I would feel complete relaxed with everyone I meet. I listened to the 11 minute click track while focus on a recent encounter (one of the thousands). I felt better afterwards and less fear when recalling the encounter but I am not sure or there is really something changed or that it is only placebo or a temporarty effect. If I listen to the click tracks for 11 minutes, is it better to focus on one encounter I remember (of the thousands I have had) or is it OK to think of the different people I have met recently, as the feelings I feel in my throat and belly are basically the same for all of them)
2. I am starting an new business and I have to do some cold calling. I am a bit afraid of that. When cold calling in the past I feel sometimes nervous, tense and some kind of fear in my throat and belly. I have tried also the 11 minute click track on that and found some relief (but again I do not know or this is placebo or only temporary). Do I really have to focus on one call I remember, or can I just switch to several calls in the past and my fear of having to call in the future)?
Hope I made myself clear, english is not my mother language (dutch is).September 10, 2015 at 11:01 am#24268Peter BunyanPSTEC User
Hi Another Rick
Your English is excellent, my Dutch :-[
We too want you to be absolutely confident about PSTEC working for you, before purchasing any more products.
You have had some success with PSTEC as so far you have “noticed some relief”.
That “uneasyness” you feel about around other people sounds like a problem with low self esteem. Worrying about what they might think of you. you may not remember anything traumatic to explain this issue but something or things happened or were said to you that made some impression upon you. This or these when you were younger say 4 to 9 years old. An example you might be getting ready for school and your mother would tidy you up, straighten your tie, tuck in your shirt sort of thing and say to “smarten yourself up, what would everyone think of you”. Or it might be getting ready for church on Sunday or going to see your grandparents. These “sayings” from your parents become a part of you. You might even be able to recall some of them now.
What to do about it?
1) Keep on Clicking! It would be great if you had some dramatic clearance of all your issues in one or two play through's. While such things happen for a few people it seems that for most people it will just take longer. But hey! it will be worth it in the end, at the moment it has only cost time. You have had these issues for a long time so patience and just keep on Clicking. Build on the progress you have made so far!
2) Pick the top few “encounters” which affected you the most, the ones you can remember and feel most strongly, be they recent or from the past and Click Track those one at a time. When you Click Track really try to replay that “uneasyness” and feelings in your throat and belly, and try as hard as you can to keep on recalling them through the Clicking part of the track.
3) Imagine a future scene in which you are about to knock on a prospects door. Imagine the people the other side getting annoyed with you, getting angry, going to slam the door in your face, tell you where to go. Imagine the thoughts inside their heads, the insulting things they think about you, the way you look and so on. Now run the Click Track and replay this scene in which all your worst fears come real.
The numbers thing 0 to 10 before and after, rating your feelings, do it, it is important! It will tell you how well the Click Tracks are working. Getting those numbers down to 0,1 or 2 is the object of the exercise.
Get back to us and let us know how you got on.
If you have any more questions, please ask.
PeterSeptember 10, 2015 at 11:44 am#24269Another RickPSTEC User
Thanks for your reply.
So you think PSTEC could be helpful for a hard case like me who noticed not much effect from EFT, BSFF, EMDR, faster EFT, breathwork and neurofeedback? Is it possible to tell shortly what makes this method so different than these methods? Or send a link if it is somewhere on the internet? Please spend not too much time on it.
I have some questions about your comments.
1 and 2. is it OK to focus only on some recent issue? I do not remember much issues from my childhood. And do the clicking on one representative issue also affect the other issues and the issues on the past? I ask this because there are hundreds of small issues and there are no traumatic or very big issues in the past. I do not have those kind of issues which are too painful to think of, but many issues which cause a feeling of uneasyness in my throat or belly but not too big or unbearable. Just a bit uncomfortable.
I think that's why those other methods like EMDR did not work for me, because there is not one single identifiable cause.
3. just try to feel the worst fears while clicking right? That makes sense for me. Do you think it also works if I say to myself a negative belief I have like 'I am not good enough', I am not gonna make it' etc.. feel the feelings as much as possible and just click on it?
4. The nr 0 – 10 is very difficult for me as it is very subjective. I know this from EFT but the difficulty for me is: what I know feel is it a 5 or 7? What I can feel is that the negative feeling is less than before clicking. Hope that it is OK.
RickSeptember 10, 2015 at 3:07 pm#24270Peter BunyanPSTEC User
Hi Another Rick
Can PSTEC help a hard case like you, even after all those other modalities, YES! PSTEC is the most powerful cutting edge therapy available today. The FREE Click Tracks are not cut down or crippled versions, there are later improved paid for versions, but you may never need them. This is a link to Tim describing how PSTEC works.
Yes it is OK to focus on recent events. Representative events work as long as they are the most negative feeling ones. Feel the physical symptoms while Click Tracking.
Using negative beliefs as a basis to Click Track may not be as effective. The Click Tracks remove negative emotions from past or future imagined events. So yes feel the feelings as much as possible. PSTEC Negative is the one to remove precise negative beliefs.
The numbers! I find that really just relaxing and asking your self the question “how bad is this feeling 0 to 10? Number..now!” and literally the first number that comes into my mind. Your subconscious works faster that your conscious. It is perhaps a matter of learning to trust the numbers and not doubt it, because it is not logical. Sure it is not, this does not mean to say it is wrong.
PeterSeptember 10, 2015 at 3:58 pm#24271Another RickPSTEC User
With regard to the free clicks..is it essential to focus on what happened or is it also OK to focus on the negative feelings associated with it? And if I for instance focus on an incident when I was bullied, is it OK if I switch to another incident that I was bullied (this happend automatically during my last session) or do I have to force my attention to the incicent I began with?
Looking at my life I do not suffer much from bad memories but more from ingrained beliefs, like I am not good enough, I have not what it takes to be succesful etc…I think these beliefs are not caused by one single big incident but by many many little incidents and have become self fulfilling prophecies.
So you think that in my case I best could use PSTEC negative? And can I just focus on the negative feelings instead of having to rembemer all kinds of thinks happened in the past?
Further I am curious about the free Wealth of Abundance mp3. Do I have to listen to the whole track or can I cancel the introduction? Do I have to listen to the voice with attention or is it OK to drift away? And is it OK to do transformational breathing (deep connected breathing) while listening to it?September 10, 2015 at 5:26 pm#24272Peter BunyanPSTEC User
Hi Another Rick
Focus on the feelings. You are trying to remove the negative emotions the more you can relive them the more accurate a target you are giving PSTEC to work with. So if your target memory changes while Clicking, but the same emotions are there, then OK.
Something happened to you to cause those ingrained beliefs. Something or series of things that gave you negative feelings. You may not be able to remember, maybe you were too young, or maybe they were not very significant or dramatic in themselves, but they still left their mark. The beliefs are your conscious mind explaining the feelings. Say it once, you might forget it, say it twice, you may or may not, say it three times and you are on the way to creating an ingrained belief or if you like a habit of thought. Even though there is no rational reason to support it. Something that is in some way related to those original event/s happens and those beliefs are triggered and trotted out automatically.
So yes PSTEC Negative might be the thing for you but still use the FREE Basic Click Tracks first. When you have some results then think about moving on and purchasing.
Re Wealth of Abundance. Probably best to listen to the whole thing, the intro is what gets you into the right “Frame of Mind” to help your subconscious accept the suggestions. So it is also best to pay attention to Tim's voice, just focus on the voice. If you drift off to sleep, your subconscious is still listening, it does not sleep, but it may do other things as well and therefore not be so effective. If you find yourself sleeping then perhaps find another time of day to listen. If the “Breathing” means you are not focusing on the words then perhaps it is best not to. If you can do it automatically then I do not know, I have not tried it and do not know anybody else who has. Anybody else out there know?
PeterSeptember 10, 2015 at 8:03 pm#24273Another RickPSTEC User
I just listened to Wealth and Abundance and I really like it.
Sometimes I feel a kind of fear and uneasyness in my throat and belly without knowing the cause for it. Is it a good idea to listen to the clicks while focussing just on the feeling while doing the tapping?September 10, 2015 at 8:11 pm#24274Peter BunyanPSTEC User
Hi Another Rick
Focus on the feelings at the same time as trying to keep tapping in synch to the Clicks. Let Tim's voice just talk away at you with out trying to listen. OK? Simple but not easy, the working at it is what makes it work!
W of A is best listened to a number of times over the first week.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.