Stop rumination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hey there. I've worked with a few people who suffered from ruminating thoughts. We blasted the thoughts and feelings directly with the emotional clicktracks 2015 tracks using the wrapper and accelerators. We also discovered the foundation for this often is scenarios/feelings of avoidance. This also created a significant amount of anxiety which was nearly all resolved after a few hours of clicktracks.

We had him clicktrack on the feelings of avoidance, dealing with his personal issues, money, things at work, confrontuon and any type of avoidance we could list.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any pstec positive statements that could be layered on to retrain the sub to stop this type of thinking.

Thanks –
      B

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Brian,

The rumination itself could be a habit and a way of staying safe. Like you mentioned, it is possibly an avoidance pattern.

I would find out what is being avoided and why. What thoughts come to mind? What beliefs crop up?

Then…blast said beliefs that feed into the pattern.

Then, I would recommend using trigger statements such as:

“When I think (X), I do (Y).”

“When my mind drifts, I immediately bring it back to the present moment.

“From now on, I will be more alert to what I need to do.”

“I will keep going until I reach my goals.”

And just layer in those type of suggestions to tip the balance.

It would also be worthwhile, I believe, to find what type of thoughts are coming up and when specifically they come up. There may be some metaphorical aspect to it too.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Here are two more options:

#1 You can clicktrack the thought. The feeling is nice to CT but it could come back.

or

#2 You can add in some soft pstec positive suggestions that will be very easily accepted by the sub to counter the thought. I have found the best way to do this is not think of anything but just use the positive tapping version (I used extra positive) while opening and closing the eyes as per the instructions. As you open and close the eyes, just read the words on the paper over and over again with your inner voice but do not think of anything as you would normally do.

E.G. You are worried about a friend who is in a bad situation, maybe a financial situation, job interview…whatever.

It's possible everything with ______  can work out fine
          Maybe  _________ will turn out ok

It's a good idea to do 1 & 2 though I find even doing #2 alone (you could do it with the non tapping journey track too) can easily tip the scales and knock the constant looping negative thought out for some fast relief.

I did notice when I used #2 some negative thoughts came to mind, I suspect I was releasing them while it tipped. I have even used one statement to tip something with extra positive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.