Stop Swearing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Click Cat
    PSTEC User

Hello. I've been using PSTEC for awhile now with good results. I've mostly used it for emotions and beliefs and not quite sure how to go after bad habits. I'd like to start with eliminating habitual swearing.

My general PSTEC routine is to use
      1. EEF or free click track
      2. Belief Blaster
      3. Positive QT

But I also have Level I and Cascade Relief. I have No More Anger as well, but frankly, that never worked for me.

The biggest problem I have with swearing is when I get frustrated or irritated and blurt out the F-word. Ashamed to say that I swear in front of my child and that is my biggest motivator to change. I don't necessarily think all swearing is bad, but I'd like to stop the unthinking, impulsive, and angry type of swearing with being able to take a pause, resist the impulse, and think before speaking. Really to just pluck that habit out and eliminate it from my life!

Any suggestions for how to proceed?

Eamon Doherty
      PSTEC User

Hi click cat both Paul and Brian will know better than me but based on your information I'd say you should follow along those same paths that already brought you success.

CT the feeling you have while cursing in front of your child get really angry with yourself for doing it, perhaps a couple of plays will be needed to fully lower the emotion all fine.

Belief blast. I used to curse/swear in front of ……. ( Kids name)

I couldn't control my cursing

The f word kept suddenly flying out

I couldn't stop saying f##k suddenly.

After that you could layer in some positive suggestions with pqt.

I can easily stop myself from cursing/swearing now as i feel really proud.

even when i feel frustrated I no longer feel like cursing/swearing

I feel really brilliant with myself for not swearing now.

Hope this helps you a little all the best ??

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Try these w pqt

I'll remember not to swear now when I'm mad now
          I never curse anymore now I'm done now
          Cursing was silly now I'm over it now
          I'm gentle and kind now with the kids now
          I'm a good example now for the kids now
          I only say positive things now when I'm angry now

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Click Cat,

Thanks for posting.

Swearing is an interesting phenomenon, as it can seem automatic and involuntary. Often it can be socially conditioned, or generated based on the context. Ultimately, we learned these words, gave meaning to them and we can definitely de-condition the urge to swear.

There are numerous ways you could tackle this with PSTEC.

1. Identify your triggers

You could imagine the scenarios where you typically drop the F-Bomb and, whilat running any of the Click Tracks, get really mad and use that opportunity to “let it all out.” Keep going until the desire to swear is diminished.

Bonus – clear any guilt you might have about swearing in front of your child. Worse things happened at sea, so you might as well free yourself of that  :D

2. Belief Blasters

You could then run the following beliefs through Belief Blasters:

“I needed to swear”
            “Swearing was cool”
            “It was impossible to stop swearing”
            “Swearing connected me to people”
            “Swearing was just part of me”

This will likely lessen the compulsion to swear and just create more freedom of choice

3. Quantum Turbo

You can then layer the following suggestions with PSTEC Quantum Turbo:

“All desire to swear is absolutely gone, as I react calmly now”
            “When I think about saying (F-word  ;) ), I choose another word”
            “Swearing is no longer cool around (your child's name) now”
            “I thought I needed to swear, but I was wrong”
            “I can still swear if I want, as it's a choice now”
            “It's just a word and I can calmly choose a better alternative”
            “I'm in complete control of what I say now”
            “I absolutely have so many choices in how I react”

A combination of those approaches will surely facilitate you in kicking the F-bomb into touch. You can go all the way with this, or just remove the inclination to do this when your child is around.

There are so many choices with PSTEC, and I personally don't clear absolutely everything myself. There are some things I prefer to keep.

I hope that helps, Click Cat.

Please keep us updated on this.

All the best,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

Another common one to add to Paul's list of BB is “Swearing was helpful” or “swearing was useful”.

I have found since doing the work that my swearing is down to nearly nothing. I'll occasionally catch myself swearing only when others do. I also learned that it's ok to swear, no one is perfect and mistakes are fine. It's how we learn. :)

Click Cat
              PSTEC User

Thanks Ed, Brian, and Paul! Those are brilliant suggestions!

Now that I'm thinking about this topic, an old memory popped into my mind. My father was a crude man who regularly swore in front of us kids. My mother was the opposite–a saint who never swore. I remember one day as a young teen having the  thought, “I swear just like my dad.” Then some yucky feelings of mild shame for inheriting some of his bad traits, and maybe a powerlessness about it. Seems kind of silly now, as mistaken beliefs do, but I think that was an important self-defining moment to work on.

You gave me a gold mine of things to try. Might take me some time, but I'll report back. THANK YOU.

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Thanks Ed, Brian, and Paul! Those are brilliant suggestions!

Now that I'm thinking about this topic, an old memory popped into my mind. My father was a crude man who regularly swore in front of us kids. My mother was the opposite–a saint who never swore. I remember one day as a young teen having the  thought, “I swear just like my dad.” Then some yucky feelings of mild shame for inheriting some of his bad traits, and maybe a powerlessness about it. Seems kind of silly now, as mistaken beliefs do, but I think that was an important self-defining moment to work on.

You gave me a gold mine of things to try. Might take me some time, but I'll report back. THANK YOU.

Another approach to add into your list…

Think back as far as you can, seeing your dad very angry and CT the feelings of how you felt when he was angry and swearing. Get it to a 1 or 0.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.