Stuttering issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Perica

Hello,

I have bought PSTEC Belief Blasters and No More Anxiety and I'm not exactly sure how to tackle my specific problem, can anyone show me the right direction?

I have been stuttering since the age of 7 or so, whenever I need to speak I feel tension in my stomach and start to sweat. I can speak without any stutter when I'm alone in the room. Whenever there is people with me, even my close ones, I'm having issues speaking fluently. I have visited professionals and went through various treatments but none of it helped much. Can you tell me how should I approach this problem with PSTEC system?

Thanks in advance,
      Perica

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

The best course of action would be for you to clicktrack those feelings down to a 1 or a 0 ASAP.  Also CT any feelings of:

shame
        humiliation
        embarrassment,
        Worry
        anger

I would also strongly suggest you do a round where you have a tantrum (in your mind) about

1.) how freaking sick and tired you are of dealing with the stuttering issue.
        2.) how freaking sick and tired you are of worrying about that issue.
        3.) How sick and tired you are about feeling the way you do about it.

Use expletives, cry, really get into it as much as possible. Do these both on the issue of you stuttering and how other people make you feel about it.

If you have a family member or a close friend that you can get to volunteer to sit with you to get those feelings really stirred up that would be wonderful and beneficial.

If any flashes of memories come up when you CT write them down and clicktrack them next.

Some quantum turbo beliefs you can install – use the 15 min track.

I speak completely relaxed now I'm safe now
        It's safe to talk to others now I'm relaxed now
        I'm absolutely safe when I speak now it's easy now
        Stuttering was no big deal now I'm completely over it now

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Perica,

Thanks for your post.

Further to what Brian wrote, you can also make use of the Belief Blasters to resolve this issue. There are numerous pathways you can take with this.

There is also some good discussion of the issue here:

http://pstecforum.com/pf/click-track-2015/click-tracks-for-stuttering

I recommend that you:

Go back to your very earliest life experiences. In many cases, stuttering presents itself as a by-product of stress, fear or trauma.

If you were ever bullied, shamed or punished as a child, you may wish to look at these instances and run them through the CT. I recommend that you really  focus on these aspects.

Also, target typical situations where stuttering would be particularly intense. Perhaps this is linked to the negative appraisals of others. As you can speak without stuttering when people aren't around, this may be a manifestation of social anxiety.

As with Brian's suggestions, really stick with this, Perica. You'll get there, I'm sure.

You can see if the following beliefs resonate with you (say them out loud) and blast the ones that do resonate:

“I was not a fluent speaker”
          “Everyone thought less of me”
          “I was not safe in this world”
          “I was not OK”
          “I was not safe to say what I needed to say”
          “If I said the wrong thing, people hurt me”
          “There was something wrong with me”
          “Stuttering was bad”
          “Mistakes were bad”
          “People were not trustworthy”
          “People were always out to get me”

Please keep the thread updated with your progress and with any questions you may have.

All the best,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Perica

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm a bit confused, you are mentioning clicktracks, do I need to use clicktracks and if so, which ones specifically or can I do all the things you mentioned with Belief Blasters?

I can't remember any life experience that could have triggered my stuttering issues, it must be buried somewhere inside me since I didn't stutter my whole life.

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Perica,

Thanks for your post.

Brian's reply concerned the use of Click Tracks and (latterly) PSTEC Quantum Turbo, which I don't think you own yet.

My reply started out with a suggestion to using the Click Tracks and then Belief Blasters.

You can start with Brian's suggestions and then move to mine, or you could combine them. You may find that the CTs are all you need, in fact.

I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. With PSTEC, there are various ways to resolve a problem.

You can use any of the Click Tracks you have available. I would recommend starting with the Click Tracks to clear the emotions and to familiarise yourself with the process.

You COULD also try this via the belief route (e.g. using Belief Blasters to eliminate the type of beliefs I referenced and others that crop up). Eliminating beliefs will eat into the behavioural pattern.

Stuttering can certainly be a contextual behaviour, and may have developed over time. Some people stutter when they feel nervous or when they are in a situation where they might be judged harshly. As you use the tracks, some of the causes may pop into your awareness.

Thanks again, Perica.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.