Targeted strategies for dealing with 3rd Party insecurities?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Relationships and Rejection Targeted strategies for dealing with 3rd Party insecurities?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    in3deep
    PSTEC User

Hii all,

just wish to receive some advice so that i can store this my notes somewhere.

What is the best way to deal with a 3rd party who has come into the picture and the person you are interested in is now spending her time with him instead of you.

I know the advise would be to clicktrack until no more negative emotions are there…. but beyond that, somehow the dynamics are different…. its like you cant remove your awareness of the third party… and its hard to feel that things will ever get back to the way it was with the person you were interested in… esp those days when it was just the 2 of you, given that in currently reality, its seems that she prefers his company over yours

Obviously, these are due to some major insecurities… but was wondering if there is a targeted way to remove the awareness of the third party and to see the girl in a positive way like before?

I have click track free/2015, accelerators, pstec negative, pstec positive, belief blasters.

Thanks in advance

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

For starters… Blast the belief “the world owes me something”

You have jealousy and envy issues there as well as disappointment, resentment etc. What you must first understand is there is no issue with the 3rd party at all. The issue is with you and you only.

You have to start asking the hard questions. Does this person really want to be with tyou? Are you “in love” with someone who has any interest in you at all? Is it just a fantasy you are playing out to cope with some unresolved issues from you past? Why do you want to pursue a person who is not making themselves available to you? Do you believe you must try hard to get love?

If you can list out the things YOU are thinking in detail each with a feeling perhaps we can give more suggestions.

The other question to ask is that does the “love” you feel for this person feel like “joy, enthusiasm, excitement or peace? If it does not then it's likely not love and can be clicktracked. Love should never feel bad or hurt.

Let us know more details about your thoughts and feelings.

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi in3deep,

Thanks for posting.

In addition to what Brian suggested, you can CT while thinking of the 3rd party. See if these thoughts and beliefs generate any other emotions or just intensify the negative feelings you hold:

– “I was used”
          – “I missed my chance”
          – “I have been played”
          – “Everybody was mocking me”
          – “Things will never be the same” (“Things could never be the same”)
          – “I wasn't enough”

CT to 0 and, if the beliefs still carry any “charge”, I recommend running a Belief Blaster on each of them.

The key point here is, you don't have to remove your awareness of the 3rd party – just remove the negative emotion linked to him and it'll be a game-changer. This is a really effective way to empower yourself.

You can then employ a similar approach to the girl with whom you are/were interested.

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

This is a very complex subject so intentionally keeping this brief as possible – Resentment consists of an odd and complex blend of disappointment, anger and fear. If you explore the feelings of your resentment you will realize it is a general feeling of disappointment at the world. You feel resentment because you in some way believe the world owes you something but it gives you nothing and you are disappointed at the world.

On top of that you believe you need to “work hard” to be nice, funny, giving, loyal, rescuing, people pleasing, caretaking, fixing, doing good deeds etc. to get liked, loved (get your needs met by others) and be overly-available and accepting to others (even those who are rejecting you, not making themselves available to you, even outright denying you).

When you see nothing in terms of interest from others – especially women – you feel disappointed, frustrated, and angry that there is no reciprocation. First and foremost you are seeking their approval to bolster your self-worth which is a false sense of external self-worth. Your true self-worth appears to be in the toilet. Normal. You have a sensational opportunity – a gift – to straighten that all out once and for all.

Can you see how this overarching belief system is playing out in the present?

Then women/men become all sorts of nasty things in your belief system, evil, gold diggers, bitches, jerks, liars etc. Then the degradation and resentment just plays over and over again.

Resentment never brings you anything other than sustained pain and suffering to you and only you. There also seems to be some beliefs about rejection and abandonment at play, along with unlovable, shame, embarrassment etc.

You also have the jealousy and envy going there with the 3rd party likely tied to some betrayal and resentments from the the past. You likely have the beliefs that the world is unjust, the world is not fair, the world is rejecting, others are better than me. In particular, a man takes a massive blow to his belief system – which is all false – when he relies on his partner as his sense of self-worth. When the partner compares him to another person in any form it destroys him mentally and emotionally. Some men NEVER recover from this.

Another key thing you also believe here is that others are preventing you from fulfilling your desires, that others are responsible for the way you feel, others are bad people etc among numerous other complicated relationship beliefs that come into play when a 3rd party is involved.

On top of this, it seems that the other person wasn't “truly” available to you which would indicate some fantasy thinking aka “fantasy bond” which then gets into very deep traumatic thoughts, feelings and beliefs. A suggestion is for you to “get real” with yourself as they say aka become brutally honest about what the situation truly is here and through this process come to accept the reality. Then you can use all of the present negative thoughts and feelings to make the desired changes in you.

The average person just avoids and denies their thoughts and feelings and gets into another relationship to deaden the pain. They then carry all of this with them into that and every subsequent relationship. There they replay and repeat it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

The good news here is you are taking a time out and dealing with this in a useful and life-changing way. I can promise you that it will be the best investment of time and learning in your entire life provided you follow through.

There is a post here somewhere on the forum that give a process – i believe the post is by Jeff Harding – however you have far more going on there than a straightforward “i want this relationship to be over”. That process is great for breaking things off but what it does not address are all of the other issues that got you into the situation. They will certainly remain and happen again if not addressed.

Taking the time to resolve all of this will ensure it doesn't happen again.

Keep going!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.