This is just the start

Forums Tim’s Confidence Workshop – July 2013 This is just the start

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PSTEC Accounts

My intention is to leave you very much to bounce ideas off one another and enjoy having access to this community area where you can support and encourage one another without my interference. As a general rule I try to have a very light touch on the forum but all the same I may drop in from time to time just to say “hello” and see how well each of you is doing.

If any of you didn't get around to leaving written feedback at the end of the workshop do please drop me an email with your opinion on our three days together. Because I am always looking to improve every aspect of what I do I'm really interested in knowing what every one of you thought. Thank you to everyone who has supplied feedback so far.

My sincere best wishes to each of you.

– Tim Phiz

Andrew Shields
      PSTEC User

This is the workshop that just keeps on giving!!  :)

Unbelievable news, that we now have our own forum, on top of the course!!  8)

Many thanks Tim and hey to 1 and all.

Andy

P.S: Am claiming 1st post cause Tim (as organizer) doesn't count!  :P ;D

Naphia Reggiani
        PSTEC User

Thanks Tim – great to have a place to continue connecting and hello everyone (Andy you just had to get in first  ::) ;))

I sent an email over the weekend but not sure that it got through to everyone (might have got caught in the new Gmail 'promotions' tab?)

Anyway here's the link again to a great TED talk on body posture:

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are.html

Progress report: haven't had time to do much yet following on from workshop, mainly just practicing 'quick/deep' every day and listening to Stress in the Moment – hope to start doing more in next few days!

Am looking forward to hearing how you're all getting on,
          Naphia

PSTEC Accounts

Well done for getting the practice in. It's important to practice the quick and deep self hypnosis regularly. You'll find it gets better and better all the time and is such a useful thing to have access to. In the early stages regular practice is essential. Feels great too eh?

Elaine M. Corona
            PSTEC User

Thanks Tim for starting this forum for us.  I'm so glad we all have a way to stay in touch with each other …  Hi Naphia!  Hi Andy!  I had a wonderful time being there in England with everyone and look forward to going back sometime.  I'm excited about using what we learned, in my own life and in my work life, despite the fact that I'm not terribly confident in it yet, of course.  Naphia, I have also been practicing the quick hypnosis each day and most nights gone to sleep listening to Stress in the Moment, which seems to work really well, as I get so relaxed that I tend to fall asleep before the end! Thanks for the link to the video. :) Today, was the first day that I actually tried using the hypnosis and I did it with my very good friend.  I wanted to start with her since she was open to the idea and I could feel comfortable with the outcome, whichever way it went.  It actually went better than I thought it would and we are going to try it again later today.  I will keep you posted on that.  :)

Naphia Reggiani
              PSTEC User

Nice to see you Elaine!

I've been finding the 'quick and deep' quite useful for when I wake up in the middle of the night – it helps me to go back to sleep quicker than usual :)

I've got some questions and would appreciate other people's views:

1. I've recorded my own hypnosis track with induction + deepener + my own personalised suggestions + emergence script and it's awesome!!! I feel it's working really well and deeply – very powerful. But something bothers me – just pedantic but I need to address this: the induction/deepener/emergence script are in the 2nd person, ie my own voice tells me “you this that and the other” and then suddenly switches to “I” when the suggestions start … somehow this wakes me up out of my deeply relaxed state every time (mad I know!). Before I record my next version, would it be better to use “you” for the whole thing, or “I” throughout, because this mixed way I'm finding too distracting.

2. I've ordered the double-ended jack plug from Ebay to transfer voice memos from phone to laptop, but when I connect my Iphone and laptop using this, absolutely nothing happens? Am now using recording software on laptop, but the mike quality of my headset isn't nearly as good as the phone's.

How's everyone else getting on?

PSTEC Accounts

Here's my suggestion and please excuse any typos since I'm on my phone. Try searching for your volume controls on the computer. That varies according to operating system. Most have input and also output settings. Be sure that the input is not muted because that would cause this problem.
                  Occasionally you may need to set the audio input to the jack plug socket and not to something such as USB.  Again this varies from machine to machine. If that fails then you might be able to email the sound from phone to computer. On some operating systems a USB charging connector for your phone will allow you to drag and drop files too. That might not work in windows. Another way is to plug the jack plug into a HIFI and record to audio cd or tape. If you record to audio cd then you can put that into the cd drive on your computer. Alternatively just playing it back at higher volume near your computers internal mic will probably allow you to get a better computer recording so you can edit it.  The easiest way is usually just to unmute the input on the computer. I hope this helps.

Andrew Shields
                  PSTEC User

Naphia, this is a snippet that an old friend shared with me. Its a forum post that a professional hypnotist & therapist posted. I believe it to be exceptional, which is why I am sharing it with you and everyone; I think its answers your part a & then some! 

“You have discovered that the method you are using (doing) does not generate the results that you want.

This is useful information.

You can (if you really want to) choose to pay attention to the results that you get and use them to evolve the method you are using into something better.

You have done the hardest part , you have started the interaction with self hypnosis using a model that has a specific structure.

Now all you need do is determine what you need to change how you do it.

Consider making a recording of your induction and deepening and listen to that and follow along it diligently to make yourself go deeper into trance than the other way.

Depth of trance / intensity of trance / specific trance content , use which ever of them “proves” that your induction and deepening works for you.

Then with that knowledge learned and assimilated and known and ready.

Then work on designing , constructing and creating suggestions that prove themselves to you in personally meaningful ways.

Attempt the easy evidence and confirmation suggestions first.

Then you can take your self directed hypnosis change work (self hypnosis) into other areas of your life.

Create your easily verifiable suggestions and record them.

Select a few different results and create different suggestions for each one.  This can help you identify the suggestion format that works for you.

Or describe the suggestion in a few different ways to “cover all bases of installation”.

Then its time to field test your work.

And always remember that successful hypnosis results are automatic and “consciously effortless” .  You do not have to consciously monitor “am I getting results?” , “is this it?”

In fact you can add a section into your recorded hypnosis session that suggests to you the ways in which the effects of your suggestions will manifest and the ways that you will easily notice the results only immediately after seeing / hearing / feeling / choosing / doing / experiencing them.

Erickson included the ways in which his subjects would notice you have changed and how easy it is to identify that you have accomplished great changes and will continue to.

And you can also add some direct suggestions for “letting go” of monitoring for results.

Let your subconscious and unconscious and out of conscious minds do their work of improving you based on your suggestions silently inside and behind your conscious mind.

Let the suggestions do their work deep inside and behind your conscious mind's thoughts and choices.

You won't feel them working when you are in trance.

You won't see or hear them as they work deep inside you for your benefit.

And you will consciously notice them after they manifest , after they are real , after you are ready for them to benefit you.

And add in suggestions that make them manifest and make them real and make you are ready for them to benefit you.

And add in some “snowball suggestions” where each small change and benefit builds and adds to itself to generate and re generate and add more and more change momentum that generates more and more larger and more and more massive and compelling changes and ongoing benefits…

Also …

You can also add in emergence suggestions where you emerge from your deep trance as an improved you in significant ways that you will continue to notice and gain benefit from.

And you can add an epilogue at the end of the recording.

Leave a few silent seconds after the emergence and then specifically say to yourself on the recording that ” this session has ended , I do not have to think any more on these suggestions , these suggestions are active within me , these suggestions will manifest automatically “.

Then stop the playback.

And then you go and do something else requiring conscious focus.

Not sleep.

Go and do some heavy weight lifting with a weight that “makes you be alert to it”.

Or do some non dominant hand writing.

Or anything else that you can use to get the suggestions out of consciousness so that they manifest faster and easier.

Naphia Reggiani
                    PSTEC User

Thanks Andy and Tim …

I managed to get the voice memos out of the phone onto the laptop via Itunes in the end (what a user-unfriendly application that is), so I can now go into business  :)

Thanks for sharing that post, Andy, it's great, with plenty of food for thought. I've now re-recorded using “you” thoughout and it feels much easier for me to listen to. I find it fascinating to note how making very small tweaks – a word here, a bit of emphasis or a pause there – can really make the recording more powerful so that each version is getting better and more persuasive – this is such fun!

Elaine M. Corona
                      PSTEC User

Good Morning all (or afternoon in your cases)

Naphia, I am very impressed with your work in making your recording; I am looking forward to being able to do that also.  I wanted to follow up on the feedback I got from my friend who I used hypnosis on.  (I actually ended up using it with another friend that day too).

I was at my good friend's house for a few days in NY, where I used to live.  I practiced the hypnosis with her and she had a positive experience with it.  Her mother is in an assisted living facility and my friend feels panicky when she gets a phone call from the facility.  She hasn't received a call since we did the hypnosis but she says that she feels calmer and more accepting of what is (that her mother is 92 and that the phone call will come at some point).  She felt very satisfied with the results of the hypnosis and so did I (especially since it was my first time trying it).

Later that day, another good friend came over.  We were talking about self-esteem and she said that she had very low self-esteem.  I knew this about her but didn't realize that it was as bad as she described. So, we did the hypnosis  :).  She did not have an immediate response regarding the self-esteem (she told me later that she did feel the relief later that day).  She also told me that during the time we were doing the hypnosis, she didn't experience what she calls “the monkey chatter” (meaning, the negative thoughts that she has that are constantly plaguing her mind).  So, she was very happy for that.

I received an email from her the next day saying that she can't believe it but her depression has lifted.  This friend has been looking for comfort for the last 15 years through extensive practice of meditation and has been unable to clear her mind.  After this experience with hypnosis, she was shocked and surprised and grateful that she was able to enter a place where her mind was finally clear.

I'm pretty excited about how these first experiences with using hypnosis went and am looking forward to how future use of hypnosis will go. 

One thing that I wanted to mention is that I had been discussing all of this with Tim and he said that a really important part of using hypnosis is to “speak from the heart”.  This was uppermost in my mind when working with my friends and I feel that it was an important aspect of their having such positive results.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.