Trouble getting rid of nighttime anxiety

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Tell us About your PSTEC Story Trouble getting rid of nighttime anxiety

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gerald
    PSTEC User

A month ago my wife told me she wants to separate.  I've been using PSTEC 2015 and the accelerators to eliminate my feelings of rejection, fear, anxiety, etc.

While I've had great results eliminating feelings of rejection (including childhood and other times of rejection) using the wrapper, I've not found a way to get rid of the anxiety/fear feelings. 

In particular, I'm always awakened in the middle of the night with my heart racing.  I'm able to regain control using the click tracks in the morning.  But it's like the effects don't stick with me.

I'd love any direction advice.

Thanks!

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Gerald

Are the middle-of-the night fears the same as the fears of breaking up? Did they start after you learnt about your wife? You sound like you are doing all the right things, but is there something else as well that is making the situation worse?

Peter

gerald
        PSTEC User

In the middle of the night and at times during the day the fears aren't specific.  I just have this feeling of dread, depression, and anxiety like lead is in my chest.  My head is dizzy.  No specific thoughts come with it.

During the day it can be triggered most often when I'm tired, hungry, or otherwise stressed.  Beyond that, I'm not seeing a pattern.

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Gerald

Tiredness and hunger are also stressors. What is causing the stress in addition to the worry about your wife?

Peter

gerald
            PSTEC User

Well, it's a bit of a catch 22 on the tiredness as the anxiety wakes me up at night and gives trouble getting back to sleep. :)

Hmm…additional stress.  Possibly part of it is that I've been unfocused at work.  Possibly I'm worried that things will go worse for me if this continues.  I'll try click tracking that.

Other things on my list of worries could include how this will affect our kids, what my parents, friends, and co-workers will think of me, and any number of other worries of the future that my ego can create.  I've put most of these in wrapper sessions in many permutations.  Is it possible that I'm chunking too much and that working on them individually is better/

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi Gerald

One way to help reduce your stress levels might be to try the worst case senario. You are worried about thingss that might happen. If you can imagine these actually happening at some point in the near future, a bit like a mini disaster movie, then run this through your mind during a Click Track. This will probably require a few repeat play throughs.

Do you think you could do this?

Peter

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Been right where you are now.

When you wake up and have that negative feeling, run the emotional click tracks against it while it is fresh.

Like Peter said, use the thoughts that are running in your emotion as the memory. I suspect those are pretty strong thoughts just as they are. If not, think of the worse case scenario if she would leave you and/or if she is having an affair.

It may be a bit of a nuisance to do so, but after you have it cleared you will no longer experience it and you are going to feel much better.

You are on the right track and have the perfect opportunity to clear it. Just knock it out and you are going to feel a world different when it's gone.

You might also consider purchasing Tim's newest package which includes a hypnotic track called the “Easy Restful Sleep” of which will likely do you wonders for sleeping during this stressful time in your life. That can be found right here

http://pstecaudiosource.org/hypnotic-time-machine

Between the two of these you should be good to go.

gerald
                  PSTEC User

Thanks Peter.  Thanks plus1g. 

I have tried this 'worst case scenario' with my wife.  Maybe I need to include work in the mix to unlock it.  I'll try that.

I've tried the “easy restful sleep” track.  My experience has been that it puts me to sleep while the track is playing but then I wake up when the track completes and get that anxiety/adrenaline injection right when I'm just 30 minutes after bedtime rather than at 3:30am and end up with worse sleep than without it.  Maybe there's some other trick to using it?

I have done click tracks in the middle of the night when I wake up.  I have yet to have success turning those feelings down with this technique, but I will continue.

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

I can relate to what you are going through. Sit down and make a list of any negative emotion you have with relation to interacting with her. Fear, anger, sadness etc. Work through those as well.

Peter Bunyan
                      PSTEC User

Hi Gerald

Re “the worst case”, think what you are really afraid of, losing your wife, your kids, your job, your home money and posessions, being ill, perhaps terminally, ending up in prison or “all of the above”. These all happening outside of your control and being unable to do anything about it. Real disaster!

If you have them then use the eefs or long 2015 Click Tracks.

If you have no trouble getting to sleep but wake up in the night and can't get back, although I have not tried it my self yet, it might be worth trying “Easy Restful” in the night to help get you back. Focus on Tim's voice in order to reduce the stuff going on inside your own head.

Peter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.