Unhelpful thinking styles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    romapstec
    PSTEC User

I have suffered from social anxiety (fear of public speaking and eating in public) for all or most of my life.  I have difficulty speaking in meetings and even feel anxious asking for something in a store etc. I tried PSTEC for about 6 months in 2016 with the support of an experienced practitioner but got no results. I have recently started to use PSTEC again after trying so many other modalities (mainly EFT) without being able to heal this problem. I realize that I have a number of unhelpful thinking styles that are perpetuating my fear and anticipatory anxiety. These include: negative thinking, obsessive thinking, catastrophizing, black and while thinking and perfectionism

My question is how can I use PSTC to change these unhelpful thinking styles? I have most of the CTs, PSTEC positive, EEFs, negative etc

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Roma,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your story.

I am sorry that you have not YET had all the results you desire. I would tend to suggest starting with the CTs (imagine having to speak, imagine the worst-case scenarios etc.)

Then, you would hunt out the beliefs creating the emotional and behavioural patterns. Certain beliefs can feed into different patterns that you run, so eliminating these ultimately eliminates the patterns.

You would eliminate these with PN or the Belief Blasters.

Other tracks and PSTEC tools can be incorporated to really seal the changes.

Everyone's life experience and neurology is unique, however, so the approach will vary. Cliched as it might sound, there is no “one size fits all.”

If you are comfortable to share more about what you have worked on, please do so.  Alternatively, please feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can come up with a gameplan for you.

Best Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Hey there – I had most all of these “issues” to an extreme and yes, they are a pain and feel PAINFUL! The difference being, I didn't even know I had most of these things. What awakened me to them was listening to the track No More Anxiety. This alone can resolve so many things. I saw amazing results in just a few weeks but the real magic kicked in for me at about 60-70 days.

Paul is also spot-on in that all of this can be resolved with the clicktracks. One thing that was HUGE behind my issues was repressed anger, unresolved grief, self-loathing and embarrassment.

Even just today I had an issue come up. I purchased a new car last week and sure enough here comes some programming around did I buy the right car, what if… blah blah. No More Anxiety automatically revealed it to me clear as day and within a few minutes it was released and gone for good.

The key when listening to No More Anxiety for me was to make a list of things that were typical problems and when I listened to the track each day I would think about one of those issues and imagine what could possibly happen as extreme as it could possibly be and also feel the feelings extreme as I could the entire time while listening to the track. When you combine this with the clicktracks to tackle any specific issues you will be free as a bird!

p.s. Paul is AMAZING! Tim is AMAZING! PSTEC is AMAZING! You are AMAZING! :)

romapstec
          PSTEC User

Thanks Paul and Brian.

Brian, you  mentioned dealing with embarrassment, an issue I have a huge problem with. Can you say more about how you dealt with this? Thanks.

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

CT works near-miracles with future imagined events so…

Imagine the most horribly embarrassing future situations you can think of. You have never been so embarrassed in your life. People are laughing at you humiliating and ridiculing you.  There is no escaping it. CT to a 1 or 0

Start with tapping accelerator then a couple of 2015 medium tracks.

If any flashes of people or events come to mind, write those down and again do the same imagining them and feeling extremely embarrassed.

EASY!

If this does not bring it way down or gone then I would suggest you run some tracks getting angry at the embarrassing thoughts and feelings. You may also have some grief around that, clear that too again at the embarrassing thoughts and feelings. Finally any self-loathing/hatred around the embarrassment.

Finally, any shame around the embarrassing event(s). Again, extreme.

Another option is to run the 2015 wrapper track on every embarrassing moment in your life as back as far as you can remember including a few worst case scenarios. Once it's wrapped to a single event then run the clicktrack sequence above.

Finally, you could run cascade release again scanning every embarrassing moment in your life as back as far as you can remember including a few worst case scenarios while running each track.

In all options the key is to try really hard and really be extreme in your thoughts and feelings, including the anger, grief, self-loathing runs.

Paul also had some info here: http://pstecforum.com/pf/miscellaneous-and-other-topics/biggest-tips-and-trick-learned-with-pstec/?action=post;quote=4202;last_msg=4210

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.