Using PP to deliver "negative" beliefs that support my goals.

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Success with PSTEC and PSTEC Positive Using PP to deliver "negative" beliefs that support my goals.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adamsss
    PSTEC User

Hello,

My question will come at the end of my explanation.

I don't see beliefs in terms of positive and negative. I see beliefs in terms supportive and non-supportive.  If I have a belief, “I don't deserve to make money”, clearly this belief is non-supportive of my forex trading business.  It will create anxiousness when I start to make a lot of money. So I must get rid of it. We know that “negative” core beliefs are implemented by the subconscious mind because to the subconscious mind a belief is not classified as negative or positive..

I am forex trader and I need specific beliefs in order to trade successfully. Some of those beliefs that I need to hold in my mind are “negative”.  Here are some of those “negative” beliefs that I need in order to trade successfully:

1. I don’t expect the market to make me a winner.
      2. I don’t expect the market to keep going in any direction indefinitely.
      3. I don’t expect to get every bit of the profitable trade that is available.
      4. I don’t expect to take advantage of every opportunity just because it presents itself.
      5. I don’t need to know what is going to happen next to make money overall.
      6. I don’t need to understand how the market works to be a consistent successful trader

Here is my question: Is it advisable to use PP to deliver these beliefs into my subconscious mind? Remember, these beliefs are held by successful traders. I will appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Best regards
      Adam

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

So in these examples you are talking about need and expectation aka excess importance. What would be best is to CT the extreme opposite or what I call “doing a 180”

E.g
        1. I don’t expect the market to make me a winner.

Imagine a future situation where you have an extreme expectation, an absolute belief that the market will always make you a winner. You cannot lose ever. It will win every time. (This is impossible in reality anyway) and CT that until it is gone from your reality.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Adam

Hopefully you got a chance to read my post before it disapeared. Wonderful thing the internet! If not here it is again in brief.

Your example negative beliefs are not really negatives. They are all said as an aid to successful trading by removing stress and keeping relaxed about it, that is by removing your attachment to the outcome. If you worry about whether every deal is going to make or lose you money, you will lose overall. That worry and stress is created by fear, fear of failure or success or their effects are the real negatives that you need to remove. You know that you will win some and lose some, the game is to win more than lose, right? If you invest too much emotion into the outcome it is a rollercoaster that for a while is exciting then it will wreck you, if you get rich or go broke, either way.

First CT imagined futures both the extremes of getting super rich (you might get a mansion and a fast car but unless you are happy?) also going stoney broke and owing everybody money.
          I believe it would be better to PP beliefs that progress from “I can be a successful trader” to “I will be a successful trader” to “I am a successful trader” or similar.
          However if you must PP your examples then it is important to remember they are not just a form of words. You have to imagine the statements being true and feeling good about it. With PP you are associating/anchoring the words to feelings, so make them good positive feelings.

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.