Using weight loss package and have NO desire to eat anything – not hungry at all

Forums General and Miscellaneous Questions About Weight Loss Using weight loss package and have NO desire to eat anything – not hungry at all

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LouiseBerkhauer
    PSTEC User

Hi Everyone

I am hoping someone can help guide me here.  I have been using the weight loss package tracks and am finding them truly phenomenal in reducing my cravings and appetite to literally nothing.

I am starting to feel anxiety however surrounding the fact that the click tracks have literally asked me to question it every time I think about desiring food.  Tim suggests to drink water in case it is thirst which I do which has been quenching the craving instantly. 

The anxiety is being driven from a lifetime of yo yo dieting and my understanding that not eating, (which is nearly what I am doing as I am now only eating when I am truly hungry – which seems to be not often at the moment!!) will drive my metabolism into starvation mode so all food I eat will be stored as fat as my body does not think there is more coming again for a while.  This belief totally contradicts the true statement that your body will tell you when you are hungry and this is when you should eat as the Tims suggestions on the tracks state.

So, how do I manage this?  Should I eat regular meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) to the point of satiation regardless of the presence of a hunger feeling (tummy rumbling) or, as the tracks say, only eat when I am truly hungry which at the moment feels like never??!

Obviously the tracks have worked because the desired result is to reduce cravings and appetite but I feel like I have gone too far in the right direction!

Anyway, any advice would be welcome.

I am presuming that after a couple of weeks eating a lot less because of the click tracks that my hunger levels will naturally regulate themselves and I will be hungry at the “normal times” or should I simply not worry about when I will be hungry or not being hungry and just roll with it?  It feels so alien to me not to crave food it is almost like I don't know what to do with myself! 

Re-reading my words above before posting, I wonder if I am worrying as I have a subconcisous belief that we should eat breakfast (most important meal of the day), lunch and dinner at those specified times, rather than just eat as and when we are hungry…..so many years of being overweight and reading about diets, and lifestyle and food that my mind is awash with so many different theories and ideas!

Randomly, my husband is as lean as a pole and never eats anything unless his stomach is rumbling.  He can go a whole day and not eat and then has a good feed when he gets home.  He is lean, fit and healthy, so I guess he is proof in point – only eat when you are truly hungry and don't worry about times of day, metabolism rates blah blah blah!

Thanks for your help and apologies for the lengthy ramble above!
      Louise

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Louise
        No apologies necessary, we welcome all posts here.

Yes only eat until you have had enough. Eating slowly, chewing more will help in this. You will tend to feel hungry at your usual meal times purely by force of habit. If this is the case then just eat smaller portions at those times. Yes if you can don't eat until you are really hungry but do not worry about it. You are doing great!

Yes do not worry it can take some weeks to get used to your new “normal”.

What you eat can also be a factor. The big things to avoid are the sweet sugary things and the wheat based foods. These high GI foods create insulin spikes and leave you wanting more, seconds and even thirds. Just the thing you do not need if you are trying to control your weight. Choose only protein and fat rich foods with plenty of vegetables and fruit, real cook it yourself foods and you are half way there.

Give yourself time to change and adapt. There is much more we can suggest to help if things are not working out the way you want.

Peter

LouiseBerkhauer
        PSTEC User

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response.  So I now have another question.  I was doing well listening to the PSTEC tracks and not experiencing cravings but have now found that unless I listen to the tracks two or three times per day, I still crave the foods that I should not eat.

Will I need to listen to the tracks this many times a day forever for the program to be successful?  I feel like PSTEC works really well when I use it, but hen I stop my old habits return very quickly.

I also dont know how to phrase me negative feeling which is basically being “out of control” around food – like I cannot stop myself from eating what I want to have.

Many thanks

Louise

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Louise

No, you should not have to listen to the tracks x times a day forever, that sounds like a punishment. PSTEC should feel more like playing.

Over eating is emotional and then rationalised with an excuse for it in the form of a belief. From your post ” I cannot stop myself from eating what I like” comes to mind during or after the eating, the negative feeling/emotion triggers the eating in the first place. Stress in this case can be regarded a complex negative feeling/emotion.

As emotions are the problem I suggest working with the FREE Basic Click Tracks or other Click Track packages if you have them. As I know nothing about you or your history the the following generic advise might be slower and less direct but it will still work.

Take some sheets of paper and write down a list of all your memories of things that you had rather not have happened to you, even what now seems small sometimes silly trivial things. The fact that you can still remember them suggests that they did not feel so insignificant at the time. Work your way through Click Tracking them all. They will probably all have made you lose some self esteem/worth/confidence at the time. The things that make you stressed and overeat tend to be those where you feel you have no control or have lost some feeling of influence, powerless maybe. On your list should also be any strong memories of diet failures and times where you feel you have given in to the urge to eat.

This is not about willpower. Most times out of ten, in any contest of will over emotion, emotions win. So clearing out all the old baggage from your past will give you a chance of starting with a clean sheet and not triggered to eat all the time.

What do you think?
            Peter

LouiseBerkhauer
            PSTEC User

Hi Peter

Wow – you have hit the nail on the head I think!  I have so many past experiences that have made me lose my self esteem over the years and I have felt completely knocked – all kinds of things.  I did wonder whether I had lots more to work to do in this area. 

When I think about clearing out this baggage though, I could be listening for weeks!

Oh well, if that's what it takes, then so be it – I need to get this under control.

Thanks for your help – I will give it a go.

Louise

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi Louise

Start by working on the oldest memories that have the made the most emotional impact. You will probably find that that you will not need to do them all.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.