Values vs Patterns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Truman
    PSTEC User

I would like to know the difference between having toxic Values like Comfort or Having people's Approval and toxic Patterns.

How these two regulate emotions.

I feel like I could tap every toxic pattern but if my Values are toxic, these will regulate my emotions the same way.

I think I have lots of toxic Values in which I act upon.

My bet is that Values are more conscious than Patterns. But I still don't know exactly the difference between them and how they affect me.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thanks for posting.

I would say that there is a synergy between values, beliefs and patterns.

I will keep it as brief as possible, as books have been written and will continue to be written on these topics. Please let me know if you wish for me to clarify anything.

Patterns would describe behaviours and thoughts we tend to exhibit.

A crude example:

“Everytime I am criticised by someone in a position of authority, I feel sad (emotion) and I start to blush (behaviour)”

We may not always engage in said pattern, of course, as we are dynamic and respond to other cues. However, there tends to be a pattern to our behaviour and emotions and this can show up in certain rituals and habits – “At the end of the month when I get paid by my job, I go to the bar and get drunk”

Our behaviour can be determined by our beliefs and values.

I would suggest that your values are not toxic, but the way you wish to live by them may be toxic.

Needing the approval of others is almost certainly a pattern, propped up by beliefs and emotional conditionings. Love, by constrast, is a value/need.

Some people merge values with human needs. Your needs are set in stone, really, whereas I believe that values are quite fluid, open to interpretation (to an extent) and can be chosen.

Someone who loves companionship/connection may go out drinking every night, and may engage in all sorts of behaviour that may not be conducive in the long-term to vibrant physical and mental health.

So, there are lots of ways to live by your values and some will be a better match for you in your current context than others.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Truman
        PSTEC User

Hi Truman,

Thanks for posting.

I would say that there is a synergy between values, beliefs and patterns.

I will keep it as brief as possible, as books have been written and will continue to be written on these topics. Please let me know if you wish for me to clarify anything.

Patterns would describe behaviours and thoughts we tend to exhibit.

A crude example:

“Everytime I am criticised by someone in a position of authority, I feel sad (emotion) and I start to blush (behaviour)”

We may not always engage in said pattern, of course, as we are dynamic and respond to other cues. However, there tends to be a pattern to our behaviour and emotions and this can show up in certain rituals and habits – “At the end of the month when I get paid by my job, I go to the bar and get drunk”

Our behaviour can be determined by our beliefs and values.

I would suggest that your values are not toxic, but the way you wish to live by them may be toxic.

Needing the approval of others is almost certainly a pattern, propped up by beliefs and emotional conditionings. Love, by constrast, is a value/need.

Some people merge values with human needs. Your needs are set in stone, really, whereas I believe that values are quite fluid, open to interpretation (to an extent) and can be chosen.

Someone who loves companionship/connection may go out drinking every night, and may engage in all sorts of behaviour that may not be conducive in the long-term to vibrant physical and mental health.

So, there are lots of ways to live by your values and some will be a better match for you in your current context than others.

Paul

i seem to be reproducing and manifesting the same scenarios from childhood in my adult life.

in childhood i got rejected and excluded from groups of people.

for example.

now in my adult life the same happens at work and travel. people meet from scratch and form large groups and i end up being rejected by groups of people.

they get to produce friendships or romantic relationships in the same enviroment that we started from scratch but i am away from that. like a forever alone outsider.

this happens to me EVERYWHERE. the same happened when i started college. people create groups, form friendships, form couples and i am left alone.

it's a living nightmare not being able to form any of these things. it's like a huge fear of intimacy that i am not able to reproduce while tapping.

this makes me crave for connection and affection emotionally and physically. it's neediness that i get to hide under a huge resistance and mask of thoughness.

the thing is that i tapped on this like 200 times and i still hooked to the same situations. i tapped on all the beliefs that you mentioned and i bought like 3 products and worked on them. yet my results still very under the radar.

i don't know if this happens because of a pattern or because i place too much emphasis during the day on the value of connection. which makes me more needy.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thank you for your reply.

There are several ways to think about the issue you have raised. You have the belief “I'm an outsider” and you feel bad about this, as connection is very important to you. In truth, it is important to everyone, but we all meet the need for connection in different ways.

“I'm an outsider” did not cause your bad feelings, I would suggest. The meaning you gave to “I'm an outsider” is what is causing the pain. You have limited your possibilities to “I don't fit in” and “I'm an outsider” and see the world through that perceptual filter.

Many people, even legendary figures such as Steve Jobs, have revelled in their “outsider” status. They can still connect with others, but feel proud that they think and act differently. It is simply a case of reframing.

With PSTEC, though, you can make this much quicker. There is no need to suffer.

I recommend that you bundle all of the experiences where you felt alone/rejected, rate the feelings on a scale of 0-10 and run the Click Tracks until you get that SUD as low as possible. Please work through these as diligently as possible.

Do the same for future scenarios you have envisioned. CT as you go. If you get any unwanted feelings during the day, dissolve these. They will help you “chip away the block.”

Then CT on the neediness. Imagine the exact scenarios as best you can and TRY to feel the neediness. Keep going.

With neediness gone, you will no doubt experience more connection with yourself and less reliance on the feedback of others.

After this, we can look at the sort of beliefs you may be holding that can be cleared.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.