What disturbing images exactly to focus on during click tracks?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Free Basic PSTEC Audio Package (featuring the Click Tracks) What disturbing images exactly to focus on during click tracks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    juntjoo
    PSTEC User

Am I just supposed to find a particular bad memory to focus on? What if you don't have just one. As a matter of fact at this point I just have a this idea of a person with heap load of baggage. Yeah, so I focused on that image but then I just got bored and lost track, npi, and got bored.

So is this designed for when you have something specific bothering you? Or is it that you need something specific to focus on to work with this?

Also, even if I pick randomly any bad memory or idea it just comes up as an idea for a moment then it's gone. I feel a big part of this procedure is missing. Like, I feel there is supposed to be more of a tangible interaction with a mental state. Am I handicapped I can't just spontaneously at will consume myself with a particular image and emotion so that I can then hold it in my hands like putty then work some magic on it?

Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated. I must be missing the point. Maybe I'm in an advanced class and I need to first learn to identify my deepest most debilitating memories before working with click tracks, idk. You tell me please

juntjoo
      PSTEC User

Can I just try to focus on the general feeling I have most of the time of general fear and anxiety? I don't typically have a particular image or memory ready at hand to use.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi juntjoo

Yes, although it may not be as effective. As you run through the Click Track you might well find some associated memories come to the surface. You should keep alternating betweeen the tracks so that you do not get too used to one or the other. The CTs do appear to work better on more specific memories but if you cannot recall them at present then you have to work with what you have. Do ensure you do the 0-10 count of emotional intensity before and after, expect it to reduce a little more each play through.

Even if you cannot recall any specific incident that might be the origin of your emotions you can invent senarios of potential events that are caused by your fears and anxieties and Click Track those inventions. The Click Tracks work for imagined future events as well as from the past. Examples, fear of flying or of public speaking.

Do you have any other PSTEC packages?

Peter

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Juntjoo,

Thanks for posting.

Peter, as ever, nailed it.

A few other notes…

You do not need to focus on “disturbing” images, per se. It is possible that focusing on the memory, problem or imagined outcome will bring certain visual images to mind. Equally, you may imagine or remember things in a different way – feelings or words, for example.

Also, PSTEC CTs will facilitate you in neutralising any UNWANTED emotions. For instance, someone may wish to neutralise the excitement they feel about gambling, as they perceive that gambling is proving problematic in their life. So, excitement is not a “bad” emotion, per se,  but is not helpful to the individual in that particular context.

Each track will have its own unique instructions.

The CT 2015 tracks allow you to clear more issues in one sitting, as they let you band the emotion together with lots of different memories.

Other tracks work best if you work on an issue per time. The key thing is that you follow the instructions for each track and, when you use the Click Tracks, TRY to feel the unwanted emotion while (if possible)  thinking of the memories/imagined outcomes.

However, there are lots of examples of experimental PSTEC use both on the forum and provided in Jeff Harding's excellent PSTEC Interviews. So, there are plenty of ways to achieve your goals using PSTEC.

To answer your question with greater specificity, it would be beneficial to know which problem(s) you are addressing and which PSTEC tools you have available. Would you be ok to share that?

I look forward to learning more.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.